Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Is there a simple ini edit or SSE mod out for this? The lovely draw distance where poo poo just won't load in the distance is cramping my style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Are there any good mods that make money management more of a thing?

My usual game goes: get to whiterun and buy some gear upgrades. Do a couple quests and buy/upgrade the house. Do any random dungeon and have more money than ever needed again.

I'm trying to play a more thieving based character, and it's entirely pointless because money's such a non-issue so quickly.

I use realistic needs/frostfall so I have to pay for the occasional room and food, but beyond that I have no costs.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I think "Trade and Barter" does that stuff: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34612/

There was an older mod that was good for it too but its scripting was wonky and it started being dis-recommended. Can't remember the name though...

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

My usual game goes: get to whiterun and buy some gear upgrades. Do a couple quests and buy/upgrade the house. Do any random dungeon and have more money than ever needed again.

I'm trying to play a more thieving based character, and it's entirely pointless because money's such a non-issue so quickly.

I use realistic needs/frostfall so I have to pay for the occasional room and food, but beyond that I have no costs.

You might want to look at Taxes of the Nine Holds.

It has an MCM to change how much money you pay in taxes and the interval (ie you can set it to pay 1000 gold to Whiterun once a month). Failure to pay (or refuse to pay) your dues will result in a bounty.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I recommend never going to a dungeon and just stealing and pickpocketing to keep your income more reasonable. Ordinator has some fun pickpocket skills.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
S.P.E.R.G. for SSE

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

wait what

is this suggesting that SPERG used the script extender only to implement the skill/perk growth and scaling rates and all of the rest was handled with the basic tools

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
That would seem to be the case, yes. I'm as surprised as anyone and I've looked at its code. :stare:

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Downloaded before Nexus bans you and deletes it.

Edit: So, uh, quick question. I'm starting the Wheels of Lull because Trainwiz is a cool dude who I liked but... um.

So I'm in the first mine area just after the guy appears to tell you about the quest and... it looks unfinished as gently caress. Walls of blackness that block off other paths. An empty space beneath struts that goes nowhere. Did my download/install gently caress up or is it just an unfinished and lovely looking in the beginning?

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 15, 2017

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
With SPERG out, however unbalanced, I guess it's time to play again. I suppose I could just not use perk points...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

How the gently caress did I live without Ars Metallica's "gain Smithing when mining and smelting" change.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rhjamiz posted:

Downloaded before Nexus bans you and deletes it.

Edit: So, uh, quick question. I'm starting the Wheels of Lull because Trainwiz is a cool dude who I liked but... um.

So I'm in the first mine area just after the guy appears to tell you about the quest and... it looks unfinished as gently caress. Walls of blackness that block off other paths. An empty space beneath struts that goes nowhere. Did my download/install gently caress up or is it just an unfinished and lovely looking in the beginning?

I didn't convert that one, someone else did.

The mine area? It's got some really dark areas and that's on purpose. The mine area is supposed to be a puzzle that you have to go through and deal with in a certain way. Thankfully you only have to go through it once.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

KakerMix posted:

I didn't convert that one, someone else did.

The mine area? It's got some really dark areas and that's on purpose. The mine area is supposed to be a puzzle that you have to go through and deal with in a certain way. Thankfully you only have to go through it once.

Dark as in opaque? As in a literal black wall blocking access to presumably dead-end tunnels?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rhjamiz posted:

Dark as in opaque? As in a literal black wall blocking access to presumably dead-end tunnels?

Maybe? I'll be honest I had to consult this walk-through because it's design is very unlike Skyrim.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Maybe? I'll be honest I had to consult this walk-through because it's design is very unlike Skyrim.

This is what I'm seeing:

Seems like a mistake to me but then heck if I know.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Yeah the mine has dead ends like that on purpose.

Why he didn't just make them cave-ins like the rest of the game is a mystery.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Is there some secret non-horrible hair mod or just retexture of vanilla hair for Skyrim SE?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Sadly there's no vanilla retexture yet, otherwise I'd be using it.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Are you unfortunate SSE souls just sticking out the base UI or some ancient version of SKYUI for the time being? Waiting for SKSE to get published and reintegrated into the modding scene has been my big holdup in jumping back into the new edition. It's also gonna feel really empty to return to Winterhold without the Immersive College of Winterhold mod.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

graynull posted:

Are you unfortunate SSE souls just sticking out the base UI or some ancient version of SKYUI for the time being? Waiting for SKSE to get published and reintegrated into the modding scene has been my big holdup in jumping back into the new edition. It's also gonna feel really empty to return to Winterhold without the Immersive College of Winterhold mod.
SkyUI 2.2, recommended earlier in the thread (the last version before SKSE integration, although it has a big ugly error box that SKSE isn't found every time you open an inventory)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

graynull posted:

It's also gonna feel really empty to return to Winterhold without the Immersive College of Winterhold mod.

So I'm looking at this mod, right, and it says it needs SKSE. I start looking into *why* it needs SKSE.

Immersive College of Winterhold FAQ posted:

Do I need the newest SKSE builds + ini tweaks?

In a word: yes. This mod features larger cells than vanilla Skyrim. While they are no where near the size needed to cripple a modern gaming system, Skyrim allocates only a few hundred MB to work with so it trips up when trying to load and unload simultaneously. SKSE + ini changes gives the engine much more head-room. An example SKSE ini is available in the downloads section.

So now I'm wondering if it can be converted over to SSE because lmao at those sorts of limits in the new poo poo and there is no real reason *why* it would need SKSE otherwise.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

KakerMix posted:

So I'm looking at this mod, right, and it says it needs SKSE. I start looking into *why* it needs SKSE.

So now I'm wondering if it can be converted over to SSE because lmao at those sorts of limits in the new poo poo and there is no real reason *why* it would need SKSE otherwise.

Try to convert it and test it out, and report back imo. Sandbox your save though for obvious reasons.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

SkyUI 2.2, recommended earlier in the thread (the last version before SKSE integration, although it has a big ugly error box that SKSE isn't found every time you open an inventory)

It's kind of a pain in the rear end but this guide allowed me to remove that warning with no issues: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5awtkm/guide_quick_and_dirty_way_to_remove_skse_warning/

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Smoking_Dragon posted:

It's kind of a pain in the rear end but this guide allowed me to remove that warning with no issues: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5awtkm/guide_quick_and_dirty_way_to_remove_skse_warning/

Or you could just use a version with the warning already removed.

Edit: Sorry I haven't been around much. Got a bunch of new games off the winter steam sale and humble monthly. :)

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

So I've been playing Clockwork lately, and it is quite good. Definitely one of the better house mods.

However, the Living Quarters is a goddamn graphical mess for whatever reason. For some reason one of the pillars tends to disappear, and randomly the area is covered in a speckled green fog. Also if you stand at a certain corner, everything beyond it de-renders.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rhjamiz posted:

So I've been playing Clockwork lately, and it is quite good. Definitely one of the better house mods.

However, the Living Quarters is a goddamn graphical mess for whatever reason. For some reason one of the pillars tends to disappear, and randomly the area is covered in a speckled green fog. Also if you stand at a certain corner, everything beyond it de-renders.

You've got some serious issues in your game because I never had any issues at all with Clockwork.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Anyone using Vivid Weathers notice that it rains like 75% of the time? It's not confirmation bias either where I only notice the weather when it rains, I've actively been hoping for other weather patterns to see how they're handled by my ENB and it's almost always pouring or drizzling.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

KakerMix posted:

You've got some serious issues in your game because I never had any issues at all with Clockwork.

Well that is concerning. I'll have to poke around I suppose.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Agents are GO! posted:

Edit: Sorry I haven't been around much. Got a bunch of new games off the winter steam sale and humble monthly. :)
:perfect:

This is an improvement. Thank you!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So is it basically SkyUI without the mod menu?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Deified Data posted:

ye

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Deified Data posted:

doesn't have fancy favourites, and there's some other stuff missing I think but it's a solid replacement menu.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

It's also missing hud timers for conjures/buffs/debuffs which really sucks playing as a melee conjuration warrior. I've put down the game until skse comes out.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

Agents are GO! posted:

Sure, if you want to do it the easy and efficient way!

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

I caved and installed the special edition last night which means I'm probably going to lose the next month of my life to Skyrim. Whoops/huzzah?

Last I played I was running around 100 or so mods, so for a change of pace I'd like to keep my list pretty short this time. A lack of SKSE helps out in that regard. Below is my currently installed list and my wish list. If anyone has opinions about the "would like to install" section or if you know of a good mod that has already been ported to SSE, let me know? So far I've only compiled this short list, I've yet to dive into the Nexus to see if any of these exist yet.

Already installed
Unofficial patch
SPERG
Sky UI 2.2

Would like to install (I've forgotten the names of most of these, so these are just keywords)
Realistic archery sounds
Fire effects HD
Some armor pack (?)
Dynamic containers (ie. the one that makes non-interactive containers interactive)
Magic balancing mod
Immersive Hud
Run/Vampire bugfix
Inquisitive soul gems

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Wearable Lanterns SSE

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

Deified Data posted:

Anyone using Vivid Weathers notice that it rains like 75% of the time? It's not confirmation bias either where I only notice the weather when it rains, I've actively been hoping for other weather patterns to see how they're handled by my ENB and it's almost always pouring or drizzling.
Which region are you in? If I recall correctly, it rains much more frequently in Falkreath.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Does anyone have any opinions on JK's Skyrim? I have kept my install purely graphics/interface/QoL/sound etc, and I am considering deviating from that for JK's Skyrim because the screenshots look nice and it is very popular. Does it mesh well and not feel out of place?

I fear it will push me off the cliff of getting open cities and having to make compatibility patches for my whole load order too 😅

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

bloodclot posted:

Which region are you in? If I recall correctly, it rains much more frequently in Falkreath.

It's mostly been in Whiterun and the surroundings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

BurritoJustice posted:

Does anyone have any opinions on JK's Skyrim? I have kept my install purely graphics/interface/QoL/sound etc, and I am considering deviating from that for JK's Skyrim because the screenshots look nice and it is very popular. Does it mesh well and not feel out of place?

I fear it will push me off the cliff of getting open cities and having to make compatibility patches for my whole load order too 😅

I used them back in Oldrim, loved the little details they added. Never had any compatibility issues or missing geometry, etc. Together with Populated Cities Towns Villages Legendary Edition it felt like you were in an actual city instead of an abandoned movie set.