Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

pats have a serviceable one. falcons and packers don't have one at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
The last time Rodgers turned on God mode and won the Super Bowl, he annihilated the Falcons on the road.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

big money big clit posted:

Well I've got some bad news about the political leanings of Wisconsin and Georgia.

At least Atlanta is better than Green Bay, politically speaking.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

HannibalBarca posted:

At least Atlanta is better than Green Bay, politically speaking.

Bernie would have won Wisconsin easily. Green Bay is a swing region that is anti establishment.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Well I've got some bad news about the political leanings of Wisconsin and Georgia.

Those people do not represent the views of me, a lifelong liberal and Wisconsinite. In fact, I got yelled at this weekend at a town hall meeting by my shitbag climate change denying member of Congress for questioning him on Obama care.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Falcons defense is trash but they have an alarming number of defenders that are exclusively out there to end careers so there's an intimidation factor at least.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Hand Row posted:

Bernie would have won Wisconsin easily. Green Bay is a swing region that is anti establishment.

If there was ever anything begging for a forum filter...

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Hand Row posted:

The last time Rodgers turned on God mode and won the Super Bowl, he annihilated the Falcons on the road.

The last time he turned on God mode Mike Smith was the head coach and it wasn't apparent that Mccarthy is the worst of the 4 remaining coaches. These four remaining teams are better than any team he steam rolled that year.

Groovelord Neato posted:

News: Packers have a worse defense than Seattle and Falcons worse than the Cowboys it's going to end at 50-45.
Views: The two best all around teams remaining are in the AFC

extendedsolo fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 16, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
2004 AFC Championship on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH13UeAX-yI

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FizFashizzle posted:

The Falcons defense is trash but they have an alarming number of defenders that are exclusively out there to end careers so there's an intimidation factor at least.

lol

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

extendedsolo posted:

The last time he turned on God mode Mike Smith was the head coach and it wasn't apparent that Mccarthy is the worst of the 4 remaining coaches.

McCarthy has gotten somewhat less conservative in the past couple of years, but is still just fine sitting on a big lead and letting the other team back into the game with prevent defense.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

fishing with the fam posted:

If there was ever anything begging for a forum filter...

it's true tho. it's way more annoying when neolibs deny it.

my favorite part was them still trying to score (and succeeding) when it's a three TD game with less than two minutes to go.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 16, 2017

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

I hope they bust this out again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOMkwN_636o&t=40s

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hand Row posted:

Voting for a billionaire running on a platform of white privilege is very anti-establishment.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Your Taint posted:

McCarthy has gotten somewhat less conservative in the past couple of years, but is still just fine sitting on a big lead and letting the other team back into the game with prevent defense.

which is stupid IMO. The Packers have shown that they are at their best when they force the other team into mistakes with their defense. If the Packers go on to win the super bowl this year it's all Rodgers. I'm not sure the "lets sit on a lead!" is going to work against a team that looks better than the 2011 Packers offense and has shades of the Greatest show on turf. And that was against a good defense. Atlanta will hang some serious points on GB and crushed good-great defenses this year. They hung 24 points on the Broncos who had one of the best pass defenses ever by DVOA. Atlanta has the type of team that the Packers struggled against this year, one that can actually move the ball. Fortunate for the Packers they had 6 games against some trash offenses in their division. Atlanta's offense is better than the Packers. If they packers win, I think they don't match up well with either NE or PIT. That usually goes really bad against mccarthy because he has a hard time beating better coaching. Lest we forget that Jason Garrett is a dogshit coach, and it showed yesterday.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Voting for a billionaire running on a platform of white privilege is very anti-establishment.

people believed that whole outsider drain the swamp bullshit.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Groovelord Neato posted:

The Steelers defense and STs just won them a playoff game, and this is such an improvement over the past 5 years that I don't even care bc they would have lost to Alex Smith in that game 2 months ago

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

which of you was this

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Steelers defense and STs just won them a playoff game, and this is such an improvement over the past 5 years that I don't even care bc they would have lost to Alex Smith in that game 2 months ago

the fact that alex smith can't throw the ball further than 10 yards helped, and that they faced Matt loving Moore in round 1. STs last night played smart by not punting/kicking to hill though and hitting all of the FGs (SMART MOVE THERE!). They are probably the most balanced team remaining.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
The Falcons winning would be like if Bread won America's Favorite Meal. Or if Milk was the top thing to get at a bar. When the Falcons win, they all head to olive garden for unlimited bread sticks. I assume the Falcons have giant billboard around town saying "The Falcons: Ok"

At least the other 3 teams give us something to hate.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If I die, tell my wife I said "Hello"

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Groovelord Neato posted:

Wisconsin governor Scott Walker is a greasy pile of establishment poo poo in a suit and stupid glasses, so I think they voted for Trump because they actually like the idea of sticking it to teachers and poor people and minorities and gay folks and that's why they keep voting for people who offer to do that.

My only real point here is that trying to use politics to make a case for rooting for any of these teams (or any team) is a fools errand because they're all neck deep in suit one way or the other.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

extendedsolo posted:

the fact that alex smith can't throw the ball further than 10 yards helped, and that they faced Matt loving Moore in round 1. STs last night played smart by not punting/kicking to hill though and hitting all of the FGs (SMART MOVE THERE!). They are probably the most balanced team remaining.

True, but take a gander at who the Patriots have faced at qb throughout the entire season + Brock Osweiler

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Walker has made his career on replacing horribly corrupt Democrats ie Milwaukee County pension scandal, Gov Doyle being a piece of poo poo. He is totally establishment but takes on an anti narrative. His approval ratings are awful right now but the Democratic party has been in shambles. Districts are also gerrymandered as poo poo so the state appears way more Republican right now then it is.

Both Trump and Clinton got crushed in the primaries here. Hilary being horribly unpopular in Wisconsin is more what occurred then the state buying into Trump like other states.

I am sorry for this post. I am waiting on Packer injuries to see if how much hope I can have next weekend.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

Wisconsin was one where Republican votes shrank from 2012, just Democrat votes shrank much more.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Sorry Folks, this is the thread to hate 3 teams and then...what's the other team? Falcons? Isn't that an AAU basketball team? You're saying it's an NFL team? huh

eh, I'm not happy with that. Feels like it pulls too much from the Titans who are they. I'll workshop it some more.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 16, 2017

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Politics chat: Milwaukee and Madison hate the Clintons and they didn't visit the state or spend much money there because they ran an inept campaign.

Football chat: the Packers are good

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

you convinced me, the state of paul ryan, scott walker and donald trump is actually "cool, and good"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Free dassey

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Are there going to be some good TV sales I won't watch the Superbowl on anything less than 65"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bob Morales posted:

Are there going to be some good TV sales I won't watch the Superbowl on anything less than 65"

just go be friends with a guy who already has a big tv

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hand Row posted:

Green Bay is a swing region that is anti establishment.

The hell is this? Brown County has only voted for a Democratic president twice since 1964.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

hifi posted:

you convinced me, the state of paul ryan, scott walker and donald trump is actually "cool, and good"

The 2011 Madison protests were the last gasp of unions and actual progressive politics in the state. Over a hundred thousand people with day jobs showed up in the capital to spontaneously protest union busting measures. The national Democratic party did nothing much at all in support. Obama didn't want to get too involved in the matter because he still hilariously thought he could compromise with the GOP on his budget goals and thus didn't want them angry at him. I was in school back then and the energy by the capital was so damned exciting, what a pathetic missed opportunity by the national Democratic party.

Without the unions to sway support, WI is just another state full of socially conservative white people who will vote GOP forever. The Democrats rebranding themselves as the cool party of urban professionals while downplaying the union-thing means this state will keep marching itself further into the abyss.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

"Establishment" and "anti-establishment" are about as useful to political analysis as "momentum" is to sports analysis.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Timby posted:

The hell is this? Brown County has only voted for a Democratic president twice since 1964.

Fox Valley is the swing region of the state.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Subvisual Haze posted:

The Democrats rebranding themselves as the cool party of urban professionals while downplaying the union-thing means this state will keep marching itself further into the abyss means they will never win the white house again.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Democrats also hung Russ Feingold out to dry allowing Ron Johnson, who is hugely unpopular, to hang onto his Senate seat.

Democrats nationally, unlike Aaron Rodgers, are dumb idiots who cannot win in high pressure clutch situations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the nfl ratings narrative has been nuked

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsPR/status/821070215727431683

https://twitter.com/NBCSportsPR/status/821072270215041024

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Well what do you know. Colin Kaepernick is sitting on a couch instead of kneeling on a sideline and suddenly the ratings boom. Coincidence? I think not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://aflcfootball.com/index.php/team/team_intro

Just putting down that I am now a Hong Kong Combat Orcas and Chengdu Pandaman fan

• Locked thread