Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Shovel Knight is Real Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

MMF Freeway posted:

I was pretty sure the n64 had three games: mario, pilotwings and uhh whatever that star wars game was called.

Rogue Squadron was a Gamecube launch game, may be what you're thinking of. N64 had Rogue, Shadows of the Empire, and Pod Racing but none near launch.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So I've decided to sell my XBone and 6-ish games as well as my New Nintendo 3DS XL Hyrule Edition and 2 games to pay for the Switch and new Zelda. Is Gamestop the best way to go? What about Amazon's Trade-In service? It seems relatively easy all things considered. I know Gamestop is still offering the extra $50 if you trade in an XBone but since I can't preorder a Switch right now it doesn't matter much.

Or if anyone is interested I could throw them up on SA Mart. The 3DS is at least rare-ish.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

and then after the first year or so, instead of cool movies you might want, it's stuff like Joe Dirt and Sy Fy originals or poo poo from Hallmark.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm actually kinda... glad, I guess that the Switch internal storage is limited to 32GB, there's a few games on my 3DS and Wii U that I wish I could trade in for a little bit of cash (:arghfist:Sticker Star, Paper Jam:arghfist:) but can't because I bought them digitally like a dumbass. With the Switch only having 32GB of storage I'm basically gonna have to limit my digital games to eShop exclusives, and I doubt I'll end up with 32 gigs of them.

And then I can trade in the lovely Paper Mario games to Best Buy for a little bit of money after I realize how much I hate them!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mahoning posted:

So I've decided to sell my XBone and 6-ish games as well as my New Nintendo 3DS XL Hyrule Edition and 2 games to pay for the Switch and new Zelda. Is Gamestop the best way to go? What about Amazon's Trade-In service? It seems relatively easy all things considered. I know Gamestop is still offering the extra $50 if you trade in an XBone but since I can't preorder a Switch right now it doesn't matter much.

Or if anyone is interested I could throw them up on SA Mart. The 3DS is at least rare-ish.

Do not give your hyrule edition to Gamestop

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mahoning posted:

amazon trade it usually very good but every once in a while gamestop beats them on something. ebay or samart is probably the best way to maximize value but you gotta pay shipping and sometimes the hassle isn't worth it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lelandjs posted:

I'm actually kinda... glad, I guess that the Switch internal storage is limited to 32GB, there's a few games on my 3DS and Wii U that I wish I could trade in for a little bit of cash (:arghfist:Sticker Star, Paper Jam:arghfist:) but can't because I bought them digitally like a dumbass. With the Switch only having 32GB of storage I'm basically gonna have to limit my digital games to eShop exclusives, and I doubt I'll end up with 32 gigs of them.

And then I can trade in the lovely Paper Mario games to Best Buy for a little bit of money after I realize how much I hate them!

The switch accepts microSD cards

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Listen here, bub: if you can't say what you mean using only the phrases "This way!" and "Booyah!" then maybe it's not worth saying.

Booyah! three times,
on the ceiling if you want me.
This Way! two times,
if the answer is no.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 16, 2017

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Nephzinho posted:

Rogue Squadron was a Gamecube launch game, may be what you're thinking of. N64 had Rogue, Shadows of the Empire, and Pod Racing but none near launch.

Shadows of the Empire was out like a week after launch.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

RCarr posted:

Does Ebay have the right to remove Nintendo Switch auctions? I've been trying to follow Ebay auction prices, but it seems like auctions are getting deleted/pulled within hours of them being listed. What's that all about?

eBay can pull any auction for an item that cannot be shipped by the seller within 30 days of completion. You need to repost your scalper listings as 30-day auctions.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

greatn posted:

Shadows of the Empire was out like a week after launch.

Could have sworn I got Shadows around Christmas.

e; Yep, N64 launched with just Mario 64 and Pilotwings. Shadows was ~2 months later (from the US launch).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Instant Sunrise posted:

US Launch Day Lineup sizes:

NES: 18 Games
SNES: 5 Games
N64: 2 Games
GCN: 12 Games
Wii: 21 Games
Wii U: 34 Games
Switch: ~3 Games

This is deceptive. I know the SNES had stuff coming out like crazy for the first month. I bet the other systems had similar things.

The switch problem is that it looks like there is very little for the first 6 months.

So please redo your stupid list and bump it up to the first 3 months. That's reasonable.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Didn't Wave Race 64 come out pretty early in the n64 lifetime, too? I am getting my Nintendo Power articles mixed up from back then.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Japanese launch: June 23, 1996
Pilotwings 64
Saikyō Habu Shōgi
Super Mario 64

U.S. launch: September 29, 1996
Pilotwings 64
Super Mario 64

European launch: March 1, 1997
FIFA Soccer 64
Pilotwings 64
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Super Mario 64
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey

I thought Wave Race was early, too. I know that Wave Race: Blue Storm was a GC launch.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

deadly_pudding posted:

Didn't Wave Race 64 come out pretty early in the n64 lifetime, too? I am getting my Nintendo Power articles mixed up from back then.

It was 4 or 5 months after launch.

EDIT - looked it up and it was 2 months after launch. drat, as a kid it felt like FOREVER before games started coming out for it. Turns it that it was a small delay.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r2-nVHZ_bQ

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

One thing I was thinking of is a lot of people are saying the HD Rumble really does feel like different material/weight/you can tell stuff apart with it and it would be really cool if a survival horror game utilized that. As an examble imagine the bathtub draining scene from resident evil and as your character reaches in the murky water the HD Rumble creates the feeling of something slimy sliding past your hands when Jill reaches in the water as you hold the joycons

Zyste
Jan 8, 2002

"Do you want this back?"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I too am posting in the Switch thread completely mystified by the concept of third party support and the importance of having things like the best versions of Madden, NBA, AssCreed, COD and Battlefield all ready to go day one.
I'm not arguing that PS4 had the best versions of those games. But it had a very high adoption rate for a $400 console that played nicer looking versions of games that were available on consoles people already had.

It just seems naive for people to bemoan the few exclusive titles announced for the Switch when the PS4 wasn't exactly littered with high quality games worth the investment at launch.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Call me when you get something as good as Rocket League for free and get to keep it forever

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Call me when you get something as good as Rocket League for free and get to keep it forever*

*forever is defined here as "as long as you continue paying for your PS+ subscription"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So you guys know all those people who pointed out the Joycons + Grip looked like the head of a puppy?

Turns out that was entirely on purpose.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just realized that 1-2-Switch is $40 with a GCU discount.

*sighs, preorders*

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

I have my doubts that that guy immediately noticed 1 dupe frame per second on the wii u version of mk8

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

lelandjs posted:

*forever is defined here as "as long as you continue paying for your PS+ subscription"

Nintendo revoking the "free" game at the end of the month is dumb bad garbage, why make weird, irrelevant comparisons to PS+, which is actually good?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No, please don't encourage 1-2 switch unless it is confirmed to have a buttload more minigames than they showed.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr. VooDoo posted:

One thing I was thinking of is a lot of people are saying the HD Rumble really does feel like different material/weight/you can tell stuff apart with it and it would be really cool if a survival horror game utilized that. As an examble imagine the bathtub draining scene from resident evil and as your character reaches in the murky water the HD Rumble creates the feeling of something slimy sliding past your hands when Jill reaches in the water as you hold the joycons

I can wait for all of the titty ninja games and DOA to incorporate this into "gameplay" and I can fondle yuge anime tiddies with my Nintendo Switch like god intended. Thank you region free for making this possible.

On a serious note, how is the "region free" going to work, I'm sure I can just import cartridges but can I access the various eShops in different regions?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
This guy basically sums up everything that is wrong with the Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fH_wl8ceAg

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

what's it like being a nintendo shill?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You know, I don't want to engage in Utnayan again, but Jim used that dumb as hell Super Mario Odyssey to Sonic 06 comparison, and I'm just

Jim

Man

You're better than this

EDIT - also, in his first video reaction to the conference he seemed to forget that airplanes have electrical outlets and usb ports now.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

No, please don't encourage 1-2 switch unless it is confirmed to have a buttload more minigames than they showed.

poo poo man even if it's just the milking game and nothing else I'm 99% certain my friends will ask me to bring it along to parties for like a solid month, that's worth $40 right there IMHO

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Can Red Dead please come to the Switch?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

s.i.r.e. posted:

I can wait for all of the titty ninja games and DOA to incorporate this into "gameplay" and I can fondle yuge anime tiddies with my Nintendo Switch like god intended. Thank you region free for making this possible.

if you don't know how to speak japanese how will you know if you are fondling the tiddies correctly? japanese pleasure/pain sounds are very similar in my extensive experience

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Jimquisition vids don't work here Untanyan. Just devolves into "Why does this guy dress like a Nazi?" "What do you mean Boglin? What the gently caress is a Boglin?" "Why doesn't he be himself/normal?"

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Utnayan posted:

This guy basically sums up everything that is wrong with the Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fH_wl8ceAg

:gb2gaf:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

http://a.co/fXWHoDw

One of these and a usb-c cable and you should be good to go. Unless Nintendo does something insane like make it only charge on the dock.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

well why not posted:

One of these and a usb-c cable and you should be good to go. Unless Nintendo does something insane like make it only charge on the dock.

They already confirmed you could take the same AC adapter that plugs into the dock and take it with you to charge on the go if you want.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

TFRazorsaw posted:

You know, I don't want to engage in Utnayan again, but Jim used that dumb as hell Super Mario Odyssey to Sonic 06 comparison, and I'm just

Jim

Man

You're better than this

EDIT - also, in his first video reaction to the conference he seemed to forget that airplanes have electrical outlets and usb ports now.

I couldn't care less about the Mario/Sonic comparisons myself either.

However, he did make excellent points on the online service and just how backwards it is. Along with accessory pricing being what it is.

You know, if they fixed just those two things alone, a lot of people wouldn't be so negative. 1) Online sub includes access to NES/SNES Virtual Console as long as one stays subscribed. (That would blow away the value of PS Plus and Xbox Live, as well as mitigate all the flack they are taking from forcing users to use a smart device off the console to invite friends to your game and/or even communicate with them.) Or at the very least, let someone keep their one NES/SNES game per month while subscribed.

At the same time bring pricing for, at least one being the Switch Pro Controller, down to reasonable levels.

They also need to confirm External USB hard Drive storage instead of "Maybe".

Pretty easy to fix one would think.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 16, 2017

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TFRazorsaw posted:

So you guys know all those people who pointed out the Joycons + Grip looked like the head of a puppy?

Turns out that was entirely on purpose.

I want an official Switchdog Plush.

lelandjs posted:

if you don't know how to speak japanese how will you know if you are fondling the tiddies correctly? japanese pleasure/pain sounds are very similar in my extensive experience

I'll be doing it correctly when I bust a fat nut, wipe my Switch off and cry while playing my monthly rental of Super Mario World or whatever old-enough-to-drink "free" title I get for the month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

well why not posted:

On one hand I'm fairly certain that Nintendo won't limit what can charge the Switch, but on the other hand PDP and Hori haven't announced external battery accessories yet so...

Could be that Nintendo will intentionally limit what can/can't charge the Switch so the media doesn't report extensively on exploding Switches because idiots buy $15 chargers from Alibaba that don't manage power correctly.

• Locked thread