Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Wiz posted:

Actually it was me that told you to make it its own mod. Stop trying to erase the importance of my past ideas guy work. :mad:

If I remember correctly you said "I think the EU3 and Vic2 converter is looking into having a mod generated"
Meh it's years ago, who knows. Either way it was a compliment to idhrendur

Groogy fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jan 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Groogy posted:

If I remember correctly you said "I think the EU3 and Vic2 converter is looking into having a mod generated"

I might've said that but it was still my unique and precious idea and nobody else has any right to it. :colbert:

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

Wiz posted:

I might've said that but it was still my unique and precious idea and nobody else has any right to it. :colbert:

That was my original design back in 1998. Tech just didnt exist then.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

pdxjohan posted:

That was my original design back in 1998. Tech just didnt exist then.

Johan, OG ideas guy.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Meanwhile at paradox HQ

https://twitter.com/RikardAslund/status/818333846206894080

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tech? It literally is just some code that spurts out text. Handing out a title in CK2 is nuclear science in comparison to what the converter does.
Though, I guess 1998 was still the Europa Engine?.... Okay yeah.... doing a converter to that.... :stare:

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Groogy posted:

Tech? It literally is just some code that spurts out text. Handing out a title in CK2 is nuclear science in comparison to what the converter does.
Though, I guess 1998 was still the Europa Engine?.... Okay yeah.... doing a converter to that.... :stare:

I think he was joking about George Lucas

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

I'm so dense ... :negative:

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Groogy posted:

I'm so dense ... :negative:

There are so many things on your screen.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Its the individually wrapped postit notes that really brings it together.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Is Europa Universalis : Rome game worth trying?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

If you're ok with playing a heavily flawed "legacy" paradox game, yes.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
After playing Rome once, get Wiz's mod so you can actually have fun with Barbarians.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Yooper posted:

Is Europa Universalis : Rome game worth trying?

Rome 2 is the best game in the Paradox catalogue.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
It's is the game most deserving of a sequel, surpassing even that 19th century economics simulator

Veeta
Dec 23, 2011

... καὶ ὡς ὑπὸ βελῶν τοῖς σοῖς κατατρωθήσονται ῥήμασιν.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I would play later dates but everything feels blobbed as gently caress there

This is the reason that I really enjoy the later start dates on CKII. The early HRE and Byzantine blobs are gone, and I enjoy see lots of minor players fight it out in places like Anatolia and northern Italy. I've sunk hundreds of hours into the game, and I think the earliest point I've started a game was the mid-thirteenth century.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Rome II is the second most-wanted game. We need Vicky 3 + EU4->Vicky 3 and Vicky 3 -> HOI4 converters first so that we can complete a CK2->EU4->Vicky3->HOI4 run. Then we need Rome II with a Rome->CK2 converter.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Cantorsdust posted:

Rome II is the second most-wanted game. We need Vicky 3 + EU4->Vicky 3 and Vicky 3 -> HOI4 converters first so that we can complete a CK2->EU4->Vicky3->HOI4 run. Then we need Rome II with a Rome->CK2 converter.

That sounds both amazing and terrifying.

I'll wait for a sale and try out EU:ROME.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

RestRoomLiterature- posted:

It's is the game most deserving of a sequel, surpassing even that 19th century economics simulator

Look at how wrong you are

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Look how wrong you all are, obviously we have to get started on Ship Simulator Extreme 2!

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Where is the highly demanded Svea Rike sequel?

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Kainser posted:

You mean Crown of the North?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Groogy posted:

Look how wrong you all are, obviously we have to get started on Ship Simulator Extreme 2!
You cancelled East vs. West though.

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.

Kainser posted:

Wiz let slip at the fangathering that they are working on a Svea Rike MOBA.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Cantorsdust posted:

Hire this man! he's got the right ideas!

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Cantorsdust posted:

Get Paradox on this right this moment!

Something like that would be amazing.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

While we're all waiting for Paradox to make all those game converters (there should be a migration period game and set of converters, BTW), the EU4 to Vic2 converter has been updated again to fix errors in the last version.

Paradox Forums: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-to-vic2-converter-release-thread.973026/
Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=392447667

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
blackdeath.jpg

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Fintilgin posted:

blackdeath.jpg

Historically accurate. GDP per capita rose as a result of the Black Death, and the peasantry gained a much stronger bargaining position.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/820949172526415872
https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/821048384761032704

REALLY not sure how I feel about being able to literally designate races as "Undesirables". Of all the aspects of Stellaris, I'm not sure the Space Hitler Simulator is what needed the most fleshing out.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Historically accurate. GDP per capita rose as a result of the Black Death, and the peasantry gained a much stronger bargaining position.

That's probably a very different definition of prosperity compared to what a medieval ruler would think. Or anyone sane who was living through the plague, for that matter.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

YF-23 posted:

That's probably a very different definition of prosperity compared to what a medieval ruler would think. Or anyone sane who was living through the plague, for that matter.

The Warsaw Ghetto had its drawbacks but it did wonders for their Gini coefficient

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Yessss the Hierarchy of Battle Thralls shall be realized!

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

YF-23 posted:

REALLY not sure how I feel about being able to literally designate races as "Undesirables". Of all the aspects of Stellaris, I'm not sure the Space Hitler Simulator is what needed the most fleshing out.
On the whole, seeing as you're mostly doing it to space aliens or, snerk, robits, I think it's all cool in the name of versimillitude

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Paradox was so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Deceitful Penguin posted:

On the whole, seeing as you're mostly doing it to space aliens or, snerk, robits, I think it's all cool in the name of versimillitude
You can "Culturally convert" in EU4 and that is essentially replacing one culture in a province with another and there are no flavor events or anything associated.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YF-23 posted:

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/820949172526415872
https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/821048384761032704

I mean I don't really mind, if only because Sci-Fi is chock full of these types of things. It does make one think what a EUIV, CKII or HOIIV full bore would be, if it had the same leeway you get with Sci-Fi. Granted EUIV really has a ton of stuff too, but Stellaris has well lots of Space Hitler options.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I mean I don't really mind, if only because Sci-Fi is chock full of these types of things. It does make one think what a EUIV, CKII or HOIIV full bore would be, if it had the same leeway you get with Sci-Fi. Granted EUIV really has a ton of stuff too, but Stellaris has well lots of Space Hitler options.

That is why you must play as a pacifist monarchy -- be the proverbial shining city on the hill. Dare to be the civilization where fungus monsters are free to live a life free of domestic servitude and the cow people from Vespen V never have to know the cruel press of the cattle pen

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You can "Culturally convert" in EU4 and that is essentially replacing one culture in a province with another and there are no flavor events or anything associated.
I dunno, cultures are one thing; unless they're literally wiping out the natives like they did with the colonization stuff the fake people are still there, just culturally different.

Also important; they are people and not robots or aliens.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

That is why you must play as a pacifist monarchy -- be the proverbial shining city on the hill. Dare to be the civilization where fungus monsters are free to live a life free of domestic servitude and the cow people from Vespen V never have to know the cruel press of the cattle pen

It would be a change and challenge from the normal purge and replace with robots and your own species.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Stellaris: The genocidal maniac simulator PDS always wanted to make but could never justify.