Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Joe Flacco never sniffed a league MVP and never will.

i thought joe flacco is elite was a subforum catchphrase, sorry if this offends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Winston should be on this list too, whether you like it or not. He'll be there to fill the void, awkwardness included.

I don't dislike it in particular! I just chose three of like a half dozen potentially promising young QBs.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

The Farthouse has taught me that no one is as elite as Joe Flacco and his fort of elite moniez

It's true

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Who just leaves a grill?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Joe Flacco never sniffed a league MVP and never will.

I'm proud of my dumb bad gummy bear loving QB who has more rings than the following fanbases have ever and will ever experience:

Vikings
Bills
Eagles
Bengals
Panthers
Chargers
Falcons
Titans
Cardinals
Browns
Lions
Jaguars
Texans

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Who just leaves a grill?

someone who is drunk and angry?

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Real life talk, I talked to a Pats before the 2014 season who was all :smith: because they hadn't won a Super Bowl in SO LONG, like why even bother? :sigh:
I hope this means the fans won't stick around any after Brady and Belichick retire. Really, how many more years could Tom have in him?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sean10mm posted:

Real life talk, I talked to a Pats before the 2014 season who was all :smith: because they hadn't won a Super Bowl in SO LONG, like why even bother? :sigh:

lol everyone acted like LOST SEASON two games into that very season.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Yeah, gently caress it why not. No one is playing better than him this season. If we're looking at entire careers to define elite then I'd argue that Brady and Rodgers are the only elite guys right now.

But all that really matters is that people are happy with their QB. It's probably really strange for Browns/Texans/Jets fans to see people debating whether or not Matty Ice is just great or really great.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Who just leaves a grill?

the same rear end in a top hat that drinks michelob ultra

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Mulaney Power Move posted:

A Pittsburgh fan leaving straight for the airport.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Mulaney Power Move posted:

95 calories, 2.6 grams of carbs what more could you want in a light beer

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I'm pretty much all in on the Get Tyrod Taylor or Jimmy G train.

All in. Let's do this.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Who just leaves a grill?

My college girlfriend and I once had a picnic and forgot about the barbecue full of hot coals, resulting in the bed of her truck catching on fire as we drove down the road. At least we got the drat thing loaded into the truck before we left I guess, but that was without the distraction of watching my offensive line screw over Super Genius Alex Smith and the rest of my team at the last minute, poo poo happens.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If Alex Smith were a little less smart, would he be a better quarterback?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Brett Favre managed to make a hall of fame career out of a zen like empty mind approach to football, fewer "smart checkdowns" and more "gently caress it slang the ball down field erry day" might have done Smith well.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

No, because when he isn't overthinking everything he does poo poo like this.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Chromatic posted:

No, because when he isn't overthinking everything he does poo poo like this.

Weak as poo poo passes that a 8 year old could do better at?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Also Smith doesn't have half the arm that Favre had. He's not a gun slinger, he's the poor rancher who gets shot up in the first scene to establish the villian

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

I hope Cutler ends up a chief

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol everyone acted like LOST SEASON two games into that very season.

Chiefs blowout of the Pats caused that BRADY IS DONE frenzy in the sports media and among fans.

Then :laffo: ensued.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Chromatic posted:

Also Smith doesn't have half the arm that Favre had. He's not a gun slinger, he's the poor rancher who gets shot up in the first scene to establish the villian

I wasn't being serious, I just miss the Alex Smith Super Genius jokes. Who had that avatar, Coldforge or Spoenk or some other 49ers fan?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Blitz7x posted:

95 calories, 2.6 grams of carbs what more could you want in a light beer

you're right, with 1 less calorie per bottle than miller lite, michelob ultra is clearly the ultimate light beer. i can't think of anything else i'd rather have after kayaking to a remote beach for a bonfire or ziplining with my friends to a tree fort.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Mimosas have way too much sugar for those early Saturday mornings after your WOD and you wanna go grab brunch with the group

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

PBR and a shot of Jamie

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
a bag of weed and 6-pack of the new Sprite Zero Cranberry

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

PBR and a shot of Jamie

Lol jk I can't wake up the next morning if I drink that anymore.

Getting old is a thing.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hamm's and malort imo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm 2 pages late but i am stunned, stunned, that a guy named after and possessing an avatar of Alain Prost would claim "I just want to see good football" and proceed to root for the most successful and popular team, who are also a pack of dirty cheaters

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I want some of pron's weed and fiz's PBR.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Apparently Richard Sherman had been playing through a "serious MCL injury" for some time, which might make sense given his not-as-great play the 2nd half of the season and the playoffs.

Also, Deshawn Shead has a serious ACL injury (apparently worse than "torn") and is doubtful to be ready at the beginning of next season :sigh:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ammanas posted:

I honestly didn't know the falcons were in the playoffs until just now

They're so forgettable, they're the nfc version of the titans.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
So forgettable, that best offense in the league and leading MVP candidate

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Crotch Fruit posted:

I hope this means the fans won't stick around any after Brady and Belichick retire. Really, how many more years could Tom have in him?

He'll be first in line for that 'blood of the young' startup, so my guess is at least 10 more MVP level years

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Apparently Richard Sherman had been playing through a "serious MCL injury" for some time, which might make sense given his not-as-great play the 2nd half of the season and the playoffs.

Also, Deshawn Shead has a serious ACL injury (apparently worse than "torn") and is doubtful to be ready at the beginning of next season :sigh:

Solid excuses for choking

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

vyst posted:

Solid excuses for choking

Sherman's injury, I have no idea. But Shead went down with a non-contact injury and looked pretty bad.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

PITIFUL loving BUM

https://twitter.com/ClayWendler/status/821123434457497600

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

nerve posted:

I want some of pron's weed and fiz's PBR.

For D.C. Residents:
There's a group of deaf artists who deliver bud all over the D.C. area, it's amazing quality, legal until Jeff Sessions changes things, good prices (not Cali/Denver prices unfortunately) and I love them. You also get a painting with your order.

https://www.districtofc.com

don't forget to tip!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Alaois posted:

i'm 2 pages late but i am stunned, stunned, that a guy named after and possessing an avatar of Alain Prost would claim "I just want to see good football" and proceed to root for the most successful and popular team, who are also a pack of dirty cheaters

i don't root for the patriots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

PBR and a shot of Jamie

Oooh can we have the argument about what regional expression for this is the correct one?

(Citywide is the answer)

• Locked thread