Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nah - Smarty doesn't win. I just rustle his Jimmies every now and then to keep his old man ticker going. It's all in good fun. But yeah, he's not right - ever.

He was right about Star Citizen tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

12x12 is a lot of fun currently.

Flashback to a happier moma.

:gary:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nah - Smarty doesn't win. I just rustle his Jimmies every now and then to keep his old man ticker going. It's all in good fun. But yeah, he's not right - ever.

sure thing, Toast

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

He was right about Star Citizen tho.

It's not over, so he can't be right or wrong right now.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Funny, in your own words your company was bleeding money (both yours and others that were given to you), enhancing just how desperate you were to sell off the rights to BC3000 and 2 other games. No wonder why - Take Two bled money and needed to recoup what they could. 618k is not chump change after all.

"My company, 3000AD, has been operating at a loss since it's inception in 1992. All my money, that of my mother's and indeed development funding and expenses from three publishers were sunk into this game....
To this day, I have people working for me part-time without ever having received more than expense payments and knowing fully well that we were probably investing in wasted time...."

Sigh. Who cares if Take Two made 15% of it's profits from your title in one year. They still bled capital for each year you didn't release it.

But, how does this relate to SC? I just don't understand how - coming from where you did - you have any authority to say what CIG does with their crowd-funded money (hint: you don't).

I'm glad you could get into the doxxing spirit that this thread was built on.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

"I was right about the Titanic being sinkable"

"Well ACTUALLY half the ship is bobbling on the surface, therefore..."

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

You're reading it backwards. The assumption is that the business will continue to exist in the next year, and that the financials have been prepared and signed to reflect this (without any material misstatements or uncertainties that would cast doubt on this premise). In this case, the auditor agrees with the directors' assessment and offers the opinion as "unqualified," meaning no modifications to this decision in the auditor's report. If you do not make this assessment, then why even continue to present financials? That's what this means.

= I had to reach CIG's legal to unclear some clear terms, cause maybe some of goonies could still back the scam. See that dumb mod ? He still had hundred in it not too long ago, we can still get it back. #refundtherefund

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

BadOptics posted:

So we're at ad hominem attacks now to get people's attention away from the dumpster fire that is Star Citzen? Like, ok, DS hasn't had the most amazing game dev career (if you could even call them "games"), but that doesn't mean the poo poo Chris Roberts is pulling is right or that what Derek or anyone else in this thread has said is wrong.

Ad homs are THE standard Citizenry go to. I have yet to see a Citizen argue a point, past, say 5 interchanges without calling someone a name.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 16, 2017

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

D_Smart posted:

Pucker up and brace for impact. This is going to hurt lots....

My bank account, and their SEC financials* - which included my game that helped them go public - state otherwise.
How the gently caress did Iron & Blood sell at all?

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
I had hoped Steep would be lots of fun. Now I know, thanks to MoMa, that Steep is bad because of Tony Hawk's Ride and I guess Mad Catz.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Every single drat time one of these videos pops up with a dev talking it's always : we're planning to, considering to, thinking about, working on"
Not once do they say " we completed .... "

The real key to understanding all of the bullshit that CIG flings out is to pay close attention to the operating language that they use just like this. In politics those are considered weasel words and used as a lubricant to slide non answers past the audience before they can be called on it before moving on to touch on another subject that will obfuscate the subject even more. There is a simple quote that I use from Star Wars that I play in my head whenever someone tries to fast talk me with non answers.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

take a toxx you pompous coward

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

How the gently caress did Iron & Blood sell at all?

You say this in the place where people transfer dreams onto pictures of spaceships and pay money for the privilege.

DapperDon posted:

There is a simple quote that I use from Star Wars that I play in my head whenever someone tries to fast talk me with non answers.

:golfclap:

Yeah, one of the more fun things is the gish gallop, it's used a lot by political hacks at the moment. Answer four questions in one, with the last being the one that you want to softball back. Talk your time out, and try to be the last one talking.

I like to call it chaff.

Edit: I wanted to find the wikipedia documentation on the language used; it's an interesting 'spotters guide' for the neutrality of language. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Manual_of_Style/Words_to_watch

Hav fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 16, 2017

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

ManofManyAliases posted:

You're reading it backwards. The assumption is that the business will continue to exist in the next year, and that the financials have been prepared and signed to reflect this (without any material misstatements or uncertainties that would cast doubt on this premise). In this case, the auditor agrees with the directors' assessment and offers the opinion as "unqualified," meaning no modifications to this decision in the auditor's report. If you do not make this assessment, then why even continue to present financials? That's what this means.

Without the statement that the directors are willing to support the company personally, it would have going concern issues. For a well-run company there is no material uncertainty related to going concern and your directors do not have to make such statements. That is what this means.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Funny, in your own words your company was bleeding money (both yours and others that were given to you), enhancing just how desperate you were to sell off the rights to BC3000 and 2 other games. No wonder why - Take Two bled money and needed to recoup what they could. 618k is not chump change after all.

"My company, 3000AD, has been operating at a loss since it's inception in 1992. All my money, that of my mother's and indeed development funding and expenses from three publishers were sunk into this game....
To this day, I have people working for me part-time without ever having received more than expense payments and knowing fully well that we were probably investing in wasted time...."

Sigh. Who cares if Take Two made 15% of it's profits from your title in one year. They still bled capital for each year you didn't release it.

But, how does this relate to SC? I just don't understand how - coming from where you did - you have any authority to say what CIG does with their crowd-funded money (hint: you don't).

You're a dumb shithead who doesn't understand business development. You should probably shut the gently caress up and stick to stacking shelves or whatever terrible job you have in the real world.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

ManofManyAliases posted:

No, it's over. We're just watching CIG bleed out right now.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

No, no it isn't.

It really isn't.

shrach posted:

Without the statement that the directors are willing to support the company personally, it would have going concern issues. For a well-run company there is no material uncertainty related to going concern and your directors do not have to make such statements. That is what this means.

This is right. If you owe $200K but don't have a revenue stream to speak of, they require you to make a personal guarantee to avoid winding up proceedings to try and make good on the amount that you owe. The personal guarantee removes the outstanding liability from the judgement of it being a 'going concern' and avoids messy discussions about 'how are you going to pay this money back' with Her Majesty's Excise men.

Submission of accounts usually requires proving that you're not just some shell company acruing liabilities to walk away under the limited liability statutes; no, you have to prove that you're an ongoing shell company acruing some liabilities to eventually walk away under limited liability statues.

Hav fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 16, 2017

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs
And....

I am out of this poo poo show.

My farewell post:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/365712/disappointed/p4

Holy Christ it feels great! It's like a huge burden has been lifted.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
This Moma/Toast meltdown really is spectacular. Maybe his belt broke or something

:shepface:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Fain80 posted:

And....

Congrats! It was the right thing to do.

And yeah, it felt great for me for the base amount. I can't imagine the relief after refunding that huge amount of money.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Fain80 posted:

And....

My farewell post:

Congrats, you are not a commando any more

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Fain80 posted:

And....

My farewell post:

Sadly, they apparently deleted the thread.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Xaerael posted:

You're a dumb shithead who doesn't understand thread development. You should probably shut the gently caress up and stick to stacking shelves or whatever terrible job you have in the real world.

I think it is already gone. What did it say?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

posting from the past

I hope someone has not said very sourcey :wink: yet

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/mmW3CM8.gifv

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Holy $7,000!

Congrats for finally doing the right thing.

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs
I have finally decided that I am done with this game. As of now, four years in, this community still gets by on wishes, rainbows, and fairy dust. This "game" only exists in our minds as we envision swooping over a planet in our massive idrisses and picture epic corridor to corridor gunfights, capital ships blasting away at each other with swarms of fighters buzzing in between and engineers making emergency repairs.

All of that is our imagination at work. Look at what we actually have. A bunch of small tech demos that still break frequently and haven't been significantly advanced in over a year. We have a substandard FPS module that, while a great first attempt, is not indicative of mechanics that should be pretty much wrapped up at this point for the single player game. Some of the wins that have been celebrated are tiny. Glass that breaks? Flashy glowing pickup icons in arena commander? Wow, color me impressed!

The ship sales have led to bait and switch after bait and switch as ships are nerfed or redesigned before they ever come out. We have marketing tactics that would make EA' blush with embarrassment and we've had some of the worst live streams I have ever seen over the past few months. We have what is basically hundreds and thousands of dollars worth of DLC ships that are going to jack up game balance to all hell when this thing finally comes out.

At this point, who knows if SQ42 even exists? Why is it so difficult to show us the game? 4 years into development the project shouldn't even remotely feel like it may be a sham but this game continues to have an off putting stink to it. When delays happen for the PU it's because they were working on SQ42, when they happen for SQ42 it's because of the PU.

I hope that this game winds up being great but I think it's a pipe dream. For everyone here who pumped at least a thousand dollars into this dream I hope it comes out and you feel like you've gotten your money's worth but I'm done with this sham.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
The funny thing is that Fain80 is actually one of MOMA's many aliases.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Foundry 42 Derby Office self.starcitizen

submitted an hour ago by Upsilznew user/low karma

I was looking at the Cloud Imperium Gales website (https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs) when I saw 3 new job positions available for the "Animation" category in UK Derby Office.

Anybody knows what is exactly the purpose of the Foundry 42 Derby Office, I never heard about it ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5odelb/foundry_42_derby_office/

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Lladre posted:

The funny thing is that Fain80 is actually one of MOMA's many aliases.

Fain80 = toast

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fain80 posted:

done with this sham.

o9o9o9o9o9 Commando

Lime Tonics posted:

Foundry 42 Derby Office self.starcitizen

submitted an hour ago by Upsilznew user/low karma

I was looking at the Cloud Imperium Gales website (https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs) when I saw 3 new job positions available for the "Animation" category in UK Derby Office.

Anybody knows what is exactly the purpose of the Foundry 42 Derby Office, I never heard about it ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5odelb/foundry_42_derby_office/

January 8th from Sandy on Facebook. Looks like it's around the University from the building behind them.

Around Agard Street, the new copper building is a University of Derby, sooo.

It's one of the four buildings beyond the friargate on the A52. DE1 1BX, I think.

Hav fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 16, 2017

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

That's one hell of a refund. :eyepop: Congratulations.

How did you get in that deep in the first place? Was your exit a slow burn or did something set you off? I'm interested to hear your story and perspective.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
Hasn't it been confirmed like 4 different times (through pictures nonetheless) this game is going to console, but backers are just too stupid to accept it because "pc master race" or something?

ManofManyAliases posted:

jesus, even moma smells the lingering doom in the air

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Chalks posted:

It shows that new backers are spending substantially less than their predecessors did. This shows that no matter what CIG does to try to attract new backers they're not finding new whales. Free fly weekends may increase the exposure of the game, but it they do very little to increase funding.

The graphic basically shows CIG getting closer and closer to the bottom of the barrel when it comes to supporters. You can't throw marketing money at it, you can't do some PR - they've already reached everyone who gives a poo poo.

It's no wonder they've started to look for fresh fishing grounds with consoles. I don't think they'll find the same whales there though.

I sense a better strategy in releasing "Star Citizen" and "SQ42" for mobile phones, not much needed except flashy videos, tasty jpgs and empty promises by uncle ben, every phone can run that - but please in landscape format only.
Seeing the outrageous amounts spent on f2p titles, it also gives you easy access to recruit naggers and teach them easy ways to max out daddies credit card for the 'verse.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Fain80 posted:

And....

My farewell post:

Holy poo poo. Congratulations. Good for you man. Jesus.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Refunds are going at full burn

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Fain80 posted:

And....

My farewell post:

hey, you should post this to r/starcitizen_refunds. This one will surely stir the hornets nest, especially once derek posts it to twitter

e; also, congrats

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

alf_pogs posted:

Fain80 = toast

poo poo. Caught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

You know what, yeah - kind of. Microshit bought out Freelancer so that could be released, but at least kept him on to consult.

What exactly did Crobber do in his consulting role? What did he actually contribute to the development? Because his credits according to moby are "concept" and "special thanks". Doesn't suggest he had a lot of input.

Traditionally the title of consultant in this context is code for "we booted them out and wanted nothing more to do with them but didn't want to just come out and say it because it might look bad and we still need to make a profit".