Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sex swing from IKEA posted:

Are you guys talking about the iOS version of the game or something else?

Yes and no; the Telltale games are exactly the same across all platforms (PC, Mac, iOS, Android, consoles, etc..) so talking about one is really the same as talking about another short of minor interface differences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Has it ever been explained in comics tv or game why animals don't turn into zombies? I know I'm asking for an explanation in the walking dead and that's stupid, but figured it's worth a shot.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

I only hated how every character told you Kenny was losing his poo poo and being psycho and a huge risk, while having him be far and away the most sane person in the room. Mentioned it before but it's really freaking odd.

Right? It didn't bother me that much though, I almost always roll with him regardless. Oh hey out of curiosity, what did you do when everyone was escaping from Carver's compound and Sarita got bit, and you had the option of cutting her arm off or killing the walker?

sex swing from IKEA posted:

Has it ever been explained in comics tv or game why animals don't turn into zombies? I know I'm asking for an explanation in the walking dead and that's stupid, but figured it's worth a shot.

No. But I always assumed that the virus just wasn't trans-species. Honestly I don't really think much of an explanation is necessary.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
Diseases that affect only one species of animal is common in nature so there's really no explanation needed.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Sorry only one species being effected by an illness when we got the birds flu.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Sorry only one species being effected by an illness when we got the birds flu.

What?
Cross species viability is pretty much the exception rather than the rule.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Exactly. While trans-species viruses and diseases are not unheard of, they aren't particularly common either.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Stop trying to talk scientifically about a magical curse.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

But it's fun.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

is it though?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Truly does anything talked about in this thread qualify as "fun"?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Making fun of Corals ridiculous mop and Steven Ogg are both lots of fun

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Has the main character death count gone up any more since that first episode?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Sjs00 posted:

Making fun of Corals ridiculous mop and Steven Ogg are both lots of fun

Stephen Ogg, King Zeke, the continuing adventures of SuperGoon Eugene, Abe-isms, Rick's southern accent are all fun. Glenn was fun until he until he became Maggie focused. Still wish the show could have started with Eugene and Abe on their cross country tour. That might have been almost Z-Nation levels of fun.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Von_Doom posted:

Glenn was fun until he until he became Maggie focused.

This. Oh god. Glenn was pretty much the only character I even liked during the first couple seasons. I lost almost all interest in him when he and Maggie got serious. Fortunately by then, most of the characters I actively hated were dead and ones I was neutral on were starting to improve.

galagazombie posted:

Truly does anything talked about in this thread qualify as "fun"?

If it's wasn't, why would you even be here?

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

I'm just here to make sure I get what I deserve.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Guys all life is precious

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
About the Telltale games, I must say that S2 was a huge improvement over S1. I loved the episode endings much more and the hooks had me binge the last few episodes. Getting captured at the ski lodge, escaping the store in guts, and the Russian standoff were each really awesome. Especially escaping the store. Plus I admire the risks the writers took: Like delivering no closure for Christa, the young teenager Sarah having a miserable painful blood-curling-screaming death (I saved her from the trailer just to have her get trapped under a collapsed balcony while Walkers reached her,) or having the player kill a dog within the first 10 minutes. S1 is good in its own way--I like the situations and choices Lee faces. Yet I think of it like a prequel, like the story getting up and stretching its legs, or a piano tuning before a performance.

I went and immediately bought S3, for $24.99, the most I've spent on a video game in seven years. I like S3 overall, the stuff that looks forward is exciting but the stuff that looks backwards is sort of jarring and off-putting.

About the comics: Be careful of spoilers in February. Two issues are being released, a major story line just ended as another major story line is about to begin. There's lots of a talk of a major character death incoming. There will be spoilers bouncing around.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ProperCoochie posted:

About the Telltale games, I must say that S2 was a huge improvement over S1. I loved the episode endings much more and the hooks had me binge the last few episodes. Getting captured at the ski lodge, escaping the store in guts, and the Russian standoff were each really awesome. Especially escaping the store. Plus I admire the risks the writers took: Like delivering no closure for Christa, the young teenager Sarah having a miserable painful blood-curling-screaming death (I saved her from the trailer just to have her get trapped under a collapsed balcony while Walkers reached her,) or having the player kill a dog within the first 10 minutes. S1 is good in its own way--I like the situations and choices Lee faces. Yet I think of it like a prequel, like the story getting up and stretching its legs, or a piano tuning before a performance.

I went and immediately bought S3, for $24.99, the most I've spent on a video game in seven years. I like S3 overall, the stuff that looks forward is exciting but the stuff that looks backwards is sort of jarring and off-putting.

My biggest problems with 2 is how railroaded the plot felt, versus how you wanted to act (and did act to an extent). I really wanted to join in beating the utter poo poo out of Arvil, gently caress that guy, I'd left him to die and also would have been far, far happier with the ending if they provided a Shoot Jane option instead of forcing choice by omission. That said you weren't wrong the endings were awesome, provided you made the right choice.

S3 so far has been a blast. The only downside at all, for me (which really wasn't a downside overall) was the arrival of Jesus because I literally figured out who it was in a .02 second shadowy silhouette and it made the choices involving that character hard not to meta. That said the character seems a lot more fun than his TV show counterpart so it's not really a downside, just an awkward moment.

ED: Oh yeah, I am still pissed they took out the option to Shoot at Arvil when he was stealing your poo poo, and instead accidentally shooting Mike because of course. I guess they didn't want to deal with branching paths and have plans for a specific character, but it was definitely in release and then they yanked it out in a patch, rather than animate a different result.

ProperCoochie posted:

About the comics: Be careful of spoilers in February. Two issues are being released, a major story line just ended as another major story line is about to begin. There's lots of a talk of a major character death incoming. There will be spoilers bouncing around.

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I also know these days TV IV is the wild west of spoilers and so is SA, going here means you'll be exposed. loving red-avatar tags for Game of Thrones got me a few times even. It sucks WD is conforming more to the comics, because I liked things much more when the show was divergent enough that X character dying didn't mean X character would die on the show. Now they only shuffle deaths if they already killed the character that should have died. Fortunately I give far less shits about WD than GOT spoilers, and since the book is now lagging behind, there's not a huge amount left to spoil.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 16, 2017

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

ProperCoochie posted:

About the comics: Be careful of spoilers in February. ...There's lots of a talk of a major character death incoming.

Um, why would you post the latter if you are concerned about spoiling people?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Fog Tripper posted:

Um, why would you post the latter if you are concerned about spoiling people?

it's TWD "a major character death incoming" is just a matter of inevitability and tv watchers don't know when the comics are at right now anyway so a warning is good. i appreciated it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Did anyone see that article that Gale Anne Hurd toned down the violence after the premiere because safe space babies complained that the bat scene was too violent?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
I know some frown on the comparison, but I'm almost done with season 2 of Z Nation and it has been far more enjoyable than the last season and a half of TWD thus far. It has a shitload of silly "get the gently caress outta here" moments, to be sure, but it also has had some surprisingly good character development, and keeping the main cast to an absolute minimum has also been hugely to its' benefit (much more so than how bloated TWD's character roster tends to be). I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who needs a change of pace from TWD's unrelenting grimness (and unintentional silliness, as opposed to Z Nation's intentional silliness).

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I know some frown on the comparison, but I'm almost done with season 2 of Z Nation and it has been far more enjoyable than the last season and a half of TWD thus far. It has a shitload of silly "get the gently caress outta here" moments, to be sure, but it also has had some surprisingly good character development, and keeping the main cast to an absolute minimum has also been hugely to its' benefit (much more so than how bloated TWD's character roster tends to be). I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who needs a change of pace from TWD's unrelenting grimness (and unintentional silliness, as opposed to Z Nation's intentional silliness).

I agree with the 'minimal' cast on Z Nation. When a character gets killed off on that show, it actually comes as kind of a surprise. Early in season 2 the crew was in a fight against bounty hunters and zombies and I remember it being pretty suspenseful because literally any character could have died. I'm actually surprised by deaths on that show.

I forget if the show tried touting 'no one is safe' like the comics did at one point, but both tend to have a 'tell' when someone's gonna die. None of them have really surprised or shocked me.

E: on the topic of the video game, anyone know if it has a thread in the games forum? I've tried looking a few times but came up empty.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

vyst posted:

Did anyone see that article that Gale Anne Hurd toned down the violence after the premiere because safe space babies complained that the bat scene was too violent?

No and we saw Spencer get his guts spilled out in the most recent ep so ?? and the premiere was utter garbage anyway

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
The second half of the season will see Negan replace Lucille with a foam bat, and all guns will be replaced with their Nerf equivalents. And zombies will no longer eat their victims, but will instead tickle them to death.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

vyst posted:

I love how they want to blame that scene sucking balls on the violence, and not the fact they split it up and cash-whored out an emotional moment so badly that it became a dark comedy for some, and just pointless as gently caress death for others.. it was the one thing that could have been a good scene if not exploited the way they did it.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The second half of the season will see Negan replace Lucille with a foam bat, and all guns will be replaced with their Nerf equivalents. And zombies will no longer eat their victims, but will instead tickle them to death.

Actually they should totally do an episode with nerf weapons and never acknowledge it

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Been rewatching and got the the scene with Glenn and Tara being saved by Maggie and the Abe-sQuad. Maggie mentions causing the partial cave-in by 'emptying the clip into the ceiling'.
.Was that even slightly within the realm of plausibility?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

I agree with the 'minimal' cast on Z Nation. When a character gets killed off on that show, it actually comes as kind of a surprise. Early in season 2 the crew was in a fight against bounty hunters and zombies and I remember it being pretty suspenseful because literally any character could have died. I'm actually surprised by deaths on that show.

I forget if the show tried touting 'no one is safe' like the comics did at one point, but both tend to have a 'tell' when someone's gonna die. None of them have really surprised or shocked me.

In the episode in question they did death fakeout scenes for every major character, so yeah they definitely pulled the "no one is safe" card. But at the same time, literally any of the characters could have been killed off and the show would go on. That part of the beauty of Z Nation. Anything can happen, to anyone. From major character deaths to zombie stampedes and shooting gallaries to nuclear armageddon (on top of you standard Zombie armageddon!)

Except for Doc. He's safe because at some point he has to travel back in time in a Delorian to talk to himself.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 24, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sjs00 posted:

Been rewatching and got the the scene with Glenn and Tara being saved by Maggie and the Abe-sQuad. Maggie mentions causing the partial cave-in by 'emptying the clip into the ceiling'.
.Was that even slightly within the realm of plausibility?

Unless the ceiling is made glass, probably not.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blazing Ownager posted:

Unless the ceiling is made glass, probably not.

What if the ceiling was made of dumpsters?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fog Tripper posted:

What if the ceiling was made of dumpsters?

How many Timmy's cups are in the dumpsters?

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I heard the rumors of them toning down the violence but I also just read today that AMC says they will not. Honestly it just sounds like some sites heard that they will be editing the premier (and probably Spencer's death) a little to show less gore and ran off with some rumor about the show isn't going to be as graphic from here on out for click-revenue.

LadyPictureShow posted:

E: on the topic of the video game, anyone know if it has a thread in the games forum? I've tried looking a few times but came up empty.

I've looked too, but haven't seen one.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Acacia REI posted:

I heard the rumors of them toning down the violence but I also just read today that AMC says they will not.

It quite frankly sounds like AMC spreading fake rumors that they can triumphantly squash. :rolleyes:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Acacia REI posted:

I've looked too, but haven't seen one.

I was rather surprised by it myself, the other WD game threads were huge.

Fog Tripper posted:

It quite frankly sounds like AMC spreading fake rumors that they can triumphantly squash. :rolleyes:

I like how people think the Glenn death was "too gory" and seem to forget every single other death on the show ever. It was stupid and handled in an artistically bankrupt manner, absolutely, but too gory? We've seen wayyyyyyyy worse. gently caress he got off easy compared to Bob.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blazing Ownager posted:

I was rather surprised by it myself, the other WD game threads were huge.

I like how people think the Glenn death was "too gory" and seem to forget every single other death on the show ever. It was stupid and handled in an artistically bankrupt manner, absolutely, but too gory? We've seen wayyyyyyyy worse. gently caress he got off easy compared to Bob.

My DVR was in mid poo poo when the Bob episode aired.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Fog Tripper posted:

My DVR was in mid poo poo when the Bob episode aired.

Tainted Meaaaaaaaat!

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Sjs00 posted:

Tainted Meaaaaaaaat!

My favorite Soft Cell song

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Noah's face getting ripped off was way more gross than Glenn's death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Blazing Ownager posted:

I only hated how every character told you Kenny was losing his poo poo and being psycho and a huge risk, while having him be far and away the most sane person in the room. Mentioned it before but it's really freaking odd.

The entire cast of season two is one of the worst fictional casts of all time. Clementine is the only remotely likeable person.