Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hogge Wild posted:

yeah, he's a butthurt tard

Aesop Poprock posted:

Watching you get progressively whinier in the GBS thread as things started to not go your way was one of the best parts of it

Please try to stick to past present or maybe even future sagas in this thread, rather than personal attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

bradzilla posted:

Jenner was a really bad poster(really, really bad) but I still don't think she deserved to be permad for a joke that Lowtax didn't understand. I mean she probably would've melted down and been permad anyway but

I do find it very funny that Lowtax misses obvious jokes in his quest to make the forums funnier again.

But yes, Jenner deserved to be banned for lack of brevity if nothing else.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If BBG can keep coming back with full forum upgrades because an admin gets boners for the guy, permabanning Jenner for an off-hand joke is dumb as gently caress tbh

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

If BBG can keep coming back with full forum upgrades because an admin gets boners for the guy, permabanning Jenner for an off-hand joke is dumb as gently caress tbh

I don't like Jenner but pretty much.

Permabans for that sort of thing are dumb. Just regular ban her and let her keep paying :10bux: if she cares that much.

necroid
May 14, 2009

lol I didn't know about that voidburger and psychedelic eyeball drama, I remember I tried watching one of pe's LP once and his voice was insufferable

also there was that one LPer whose name I can't remember who grew noticeably weirder and weirder in his interactions with another LPer, I'm pretty sure her name was skoolmunkee

then one day/night he straight up starts tweeting he's going to kill himself because she doesn't like him like he likes her and eventually he's banned

that was so unexpected, although he always did sound like a creep like 90% of LPers

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

the thing is, BBG is a great poster and Jenner is a poor one.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

necroid posted:

lol I didn't know about that voidburger and psychedelic eyeball drama, I remember I tried watching one of pe's LP once and his voice was insufferable

also there was that one LPer whose name I can't remember who grew noticeably weirder and weirder in his interactions with another LPer, I'm pretty sure her name was skoolmunkee

then one day/night he straight up starts tweeting he's going to kill himself because she doesn't like him like he likes her and eventually he's banned

that was so unexpected, although he always did sound like a creep like 90% of LPers

I remember that but was that guy even an SA poster? I'm pretty sure the female LP'er was at least

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

necroid posted:

that was ritcheyz

necroid
May 14, 2009

Robot Randy posted:

that was ritcheyz

haha yeah that's him

someone post the tweets they were insane

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

necroid posted:

haha yeah that's him

someone post the tweets they were insane

If you Google his name and something awful the fyad goonlulz thread talks about it and links to it but it looks like most of the tweets were deleted

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the thing is, BBG is a great poster and Jenner is a poor one.

Considering I have only seen BBG post whiny crap and have tantrums in QCS and the GBS thread he really didn't like I have serious doubts as to what you consider "great."

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Considering I have only seen BBG post whiny crap and have tantrums in QCS and the GBS thread he really didn't like I have serious doubts as to what you consider "great."

he did have good points re: the schmorky thread had run its course, was being artificially extended past its sell-by-date and didn't have anything new besides photoshops and the like
but like the way he went about it i just felt kind of embarrassed by proxy every single time he'd post

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I Said No posted:

he did have good points re: the schmorky thread had run its course, was being artificially extended past its sell-by-date and didn't have anything new besides photoshops and the like
but like the way he went about it i just felt kind of embarrassed by proxy every single time he'd post

I mean before the longcat meltdown it was multiple pages of him responding to any post with all-caps rants about repeating the same jokes over and over again, which is just kind of sad. It's literally one thread in one forum and I don't get why he couldn't just be like "welp this thread is poo poo I'm out" and had to make two dozen posts that were like "HEY YOU GUYS LOL POO POO PEE PEE I'M SO FUNNY GUYS THIS THREAD SURE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!"

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Kelp Me! posted:

I mean before the longcat meltdown it was multiple pages of him responding to any post with all-caps rants about repeating the same jokes over and over again, which is just kind of sad. It's literally one thread in one forum and I don't get why he couldn't just be like "welp this thread is poo poo I'm out" and had to make two dozen posts that were like "HEY YOU GUYS LOL POO POO PEE PEE I'M SO FUNNY GUYS THIS THREAD SURE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!"

No he is a good and funny poster that should be unpermad.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HAsnt that guy been banned like 20 times or so? That's a shitload of cash to post on these forums.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

the caps posts were what I was referring to, the longcat bomb was just too surreal to really have an opinion on

I just don't quite get how it's possible to post THAT badly while being absolutely in the right, I mean considering schmorky apparently got sectioned or whatever there wasn't gonna be anything new to hear on that subject

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
He has good points he puts out in lovely ways to show how lovely the entire thing is.

So he makes lovely posts.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I Said No posted:

the caps posts were what I was referring to, the longcat bomb was just too surreal to really have an opinion on

I just don't quite get how it's possible to post THAT badly while being absolutely in the right, I mean considering schmorky apparently got sectioned or whatever there wasn't gonna be anything new to hear on that subject

I don't even necessarily agree that BBG was absolutely in the right. Sure, people were circle-jerking over the same bad photoshops and chatlogs, but everyone posting seemed to be amusing themselves, so who really cares if they're just rehashing the same dumb jokes over and over? It's certainly not cause to have a gigantic loving freakout over.
I don't think the thread would have been closed when it was if BBG hadn't come in and had a gigantic screaming tantrum about a thread he thought was stupid and also intentionally trying to make the thread literally impossible to load properly

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

oldpainless posted:

HAsnt that guy been banned like 20 times or so? That's a shitload of cash to post on these forums.

Yeah I'm sure he pays for a lot on this site

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

necroid posted:

He is French Canadian, yes

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

necroid posted:

I watched that Snake Eater RP he did with slowbeef and it seemed like his idea of commentary was laboriously describing every stupid thing that happened on screen but in a wacky voice and accent, I assume that's what all his videos are like

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

TTerrible posted:

No he is a good and funny poster that should be unpermad.

Counterpoint: No he isn't.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Perfect Potato posted:

I watched that Snake Eater RP he did with slowbeef and it seemed like his idea of commentary was laboriously describing every stupid thing that happened on screen but in a wacky voice and accent, I assume that's what all his videos are like

pretty much

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Counterpoint: No he isn't.

:thejoke:

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

I Said No posted:

schmorky apparently got sectioned

haha wait what

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I Said No posted:

I mean considering schmorky apparently got sectioned

You mean, like, quartered?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

You mean, like, quartered?

Or maybe like Section 8?

quote:

Section 8 is a category of discharge from the United States military, used for a servicemember judged mentally unfit for service.

Yes, I know Section 8 is no longer in use, but it's what came to mind. Too many MASH episodes with that crazy Klinger.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
They probably mean section # whatever of the legal code of where they are to involuntarily commit them to mental health treatment.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Petitioned, or 5150'd.

E: also "psych hold" or "safety hold."

Queen_Combat has a new favorite as of 01:56 on Jan 17, 2017

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It's worth mentioning that somebody has to be seriously hosed up for that to happen and also a danger to themselves or others. That isn't something done lightly.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Absolutely. I work BLS Ambo, which means 90% petitioned psych transport. Everybody is restrained 100% of the time out of the controlled facilities. The average time from admit to even seeing a judge for your preliminary hearing/interview to review the petition is 14 business days in most states.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Please try to stick to past present or maybe even future sagas in this thread, rather than personal attacks.

You should permaban them both.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Kelp Me! posted:

I don't even necessarily agree that BBG was absolutely in the right. Sure, people were circle-jerking over the same bad photoshops and chatlogs, but everyone posting seemed to be amusing themselves, so who really cares if they're just rehashing the same dumb jokes over and over? It's certainly not cause to have a gigantic loving freakout over.
I don't think the thread would have been closed when it was if BBG hadn't come in and had a gigantic screaming tantrum about a thread he thought was stupid and also intentionally trying to make the thread literally impossible to load properly
he gets too worked up with emotion, because he cares.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

he gets too worked up with emotion, because he cares.

no one but lowtax should care that much about these forums.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

no one but lowtax should care that much about these forums.

To be fair I'd not fault Lowtax if he quit caring about these forums.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ToxicSlurpee posted:

To be fair I'd not fault Lowtax if he quit caring about these forums.

tbh, I thought he stopped caring years ago.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

weren't people saying in the thread that he was threatening to kill himself and got arrested/hospitalized for it
that's what sectioning is right i may have goofed up the terminology here somewhat

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

I Said No posted:

weren't people saying in the thread that he was threatening to kill himself and got arrested/hospitalized for it
that's what sectioning is right i may have goofed up the terminology here somewhat

That's not the universal term for it, "psychiatric hold" is your best bet.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I didn't follow any of those threads, but it's called a different thing in different jurisdictions.

In Germany they call it something like zwangsplatzierung wegen wahnsinn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

poptart_fairy posted:

BBG is a force of nature on these forums. If a thread gets bad enough BBG ends it like a tornado erasing a trailer park in Oklahoma. BBG is good.

funmanguy has a new favorite as of 04:21 on Jan 17, 2017