Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

chiasaur11 posted:

You have to talk to her in ME2, where she gives her little "I am Omega :jerkbag:" speech. She's also required for Samara's loyalty mission.

I LOVE the lovely flat, dead echo effect that exists because the audio engineers absolutely fail at implementing a decent one of. And that awful arm raising when she turns around and says it, like she's moses parting the seas or something.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jan 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

I like Aria because, like me, she's not actually real but still makes people mad.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Lt. Danger posted:

I like Aria because, like me, she's not actually real but still makes people mad.

She's strong, and she's not actually real and she's my friend.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

RBA Starblade posted:

The Geth and Quarians are Battlestar Galactica. Mass Effect is every sci-fi slapped together.

What part is stargate like

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lt. Danger posted:

Lt Danger confirmed to be an advanced posting VI????

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
im aria

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
same

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I think the only real problem with the crucible was that everyone built it from scratch. If they did the same story but changed it to "actually this moon was a secret ancient machine and every single race has been working on it every cycle for a million years!" it would have felt like it had more weight than the way they did it where the whole thing is built in a week apparently.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kurtofan posted:

What part is stargate like

I guess the part where you ramp the Mako through the baby relay and humanity solves all the problems by shooting them a lot.

e: that's stargate right I never watched it

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jan 16, 2017

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Stargate would be the Reapers as the G'ould essentially playing god

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Stargate is also the small, explicitly military, explicitly human based with a couple alien allies team going on adventures frequently based around shooting stuff and often involving precursor races

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The most emotional part of ME2 for me was seeing the crashed Mako in that free dlc level btw. Rip in peace

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Mako was the only thing that survived the crash unscathed. And you left it down there you monster.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Moola posted:

Lt Danger confirmed to be an advanced posting VI????

Advanced? What non-forums evidence are you relying on for that conclusion?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lt. Danger is so much smarter than the people who mock him that it's just sad.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I've heard that Lt. Danger is just an advanced Chinese Room (as described by one John Searle) but the walls are covered with Mass Effect characters as opposed to Chinese (Traditional) characters.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Milky Moor posted:

I've heard that Lt. Danger is just an advanced Chinese Room (as described by one John Searle) but the walls are covered with Mass Effect characters as opposed to Chinese (Traditional) characters.

So he made Dear Esther and A Machine For Pigs?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Kai Leng gets X-pac Heat

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Arcsquad12 posted:

The Mako was the only thing that survived the crash unscathed. And you left it down there you monster.

The Mako deserved to die how it lived; stuck on a random piece of terrain :colbert:.

(though seriously, having recently played ME1 again I think the main cause of headaches with driving isn't the Mako, it's the fact the worlds are jagged polygons that flip the drat thing around on anything but perfectly level plains).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MadDogMike posted:

The Mako deserved to die how it lived; stuck on a random piece of terrain :colbert:.

(though seriously, having recently played ME1 again I think the main cause of headaches with driving isn't the Mako, it's the fact the worlds are jagged polygons that flip the drat thing around on anything but perfectly level plains).

Driving around on those planets made me think it must have been a terribly uncomfortable ride. And then made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuypE6ISPag

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i liked the mako

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Every minute spent in the Mako was a minute that left me wondering why I wasn't doing something more interesting or fun, like planet probing

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Every minute spent in the Mako was a minute that left me wondering why I wasn't doing something more interesting or fun, like planet probing

Ditto, but for every minute not spent in combat.

Well, some of the weapon loadout or XP spending made for some interesting choices, but that's about it.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Everytime I think of the Mako, I weep a silent tear for myself and all the others who played through the entire game without realising it had a cannon.

Edit: My ultraspacetime echosound bug also seems to trigger with the Mattock if I hammer the trigger fast enough, so I think the problem is computer related rather than game related.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
You got out every time you needed to fight?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Phrosphor posted:

Everytime I think of the Mako, I weep a silent tear for myself and all the others who played through the entire game without realising it had a cannon.

Edit: My ultraspacetime echosound bug also seems to trigger with the Mattock if I hammer the trigger fast enough, so I think the problem is computer related rather than game related.

Did the giant gun on the top not indicate as much or did you not hit all the buttons?

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Lycus posted:

You got out every time you needed to fight?

No, everyone just used the machinegun.

The ME1 thread had a huge all caps message right at the top of the first post telling everyone the Mako also had a cannon.

ME1 was an xbox title originally, it didn't release on PC for awhile after. The Xbox controls had the Mako's machine gun on right trigger. The cannon was on right bumper and soooo many people missed it.

Edit: My first playthrough I killed all the thresher maws and did Noveria etc just with that piddly machine gun.

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 16, 2017

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

It took me a surprisingly long time to realise that the Mako had a jump button.
That was a game changer right there.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I like Aria but that is because I am an idiot who read the EU poo poo and understand who they meant the character to be.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Phobeste posted:

Stargate is also the small, explicitly military, explicitly human based with a couple alien allies team going on adventures frequently based around shooting stuff and often involving precursor races

that fits actually

my favorite mako moment was the fact that it dies the instant it touches a puddle of lava

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My favorite thing about the MAKO is all the whiners who didn't understand that it was part of the game play and that it's fun to figure out how to get places.

Almost everything is easy to get to. Nothing that matters to the plot is difficult. People just have no patience.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

My favorite thing about the MAKO is all the whiners who didn't understand that it was part of the game play and that it's fun to figure out how to get places.

Almost everything is easy to get to. Nothing that matters to the plot is difficult. People just have no patience.

Bet they just looked at the mini-map and tried to go up a 90 degree mountain without driving around and seeing the intentionally designed ramps.

I know that's what I did when I first played it.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

To be fair, the Mako was capable of climbing most inclines if you were patient enough. It was just very very slow going. My problem with the Mako was the opposite: driving on big flat plain, hit tiny pebble, Mako flips into the air.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you got more xp killing enemies on foot so softening big guys up with the mako and then getting the killing blow on foot was the pro strat for maxing out your bro in like 1 playthrough so you can get samara in me2. or something. man i spent a lot of time on those first two games

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Not much, but Funko-pop has leaked that Liam's last name is Costa and there is a character named Jaal.

This has been your Andromeda news update. Please resume your regular arguments.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

marshmallow creep posted:

Not much, but Funko-pop has leaked that Liam's last name is Costa and there is a character named Jaal.

This has been your Andromeda news update. Please resume your regular arguments.

Stay tuned for my 15-minute video in which I analyze the latest update about the game

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Super No Vacancy posted:

maxing out your bro in like 1 playthrough so you can get samara in me2.

WTF?

You can't get Samara, assuming you mean a relationship. You don't have to do anything to get her, to gain her loyalty, to do anything really.

On top of that, you can max paragon or renegade in the first game.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont remember whatever

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
The only bad thing about the Mako was that the turret aim and vehicle direction weren't completely independent. If my left stick doesn't move then adjusting my aim with the right stick shouldn't change the Mako's direction.

More should talk about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is Jaal a quarian? Is Jaal a Salarian? Is Jaal a kett? Is Jaal an angaran? Did you know that angaran is apparently the (fanon?) name for these guys?

quote:

Kal, Kar, Rael, Kenn, Veetor, Hilo, Golo, Lemm, Zaal, Seeto, Ysin

Jaal

Quarian male names are often one-syllable and likely to end in L or N. They may also be two-syllable and when this is the case a vowel ending of "o" is common.

I was one of the ones who didn't think they would bring Quarians to Andromeda but this is huge evidence to the contrary.....

HOLY gently caress WE'RE GETTING A QUARIAN MALE (maybe)

"I have a sample size of a dozen of which three names end in L. This makes it extremely likely this person whose name ends in L must be a quarian, and male, so I can gently caress Tali-but-with-a-dick-this-time."