Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

can you inherit from your kids? Because we just inherited a dog my daughter's had for 6 years but she's never like him, lol. Sweet little retarded Jacques.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Mambold posted:

can you inherit from your kids? Because we just inherited a dog my daughter's had for 6 years but she's never like him, lol. Sweet little retarded Jacques.

My parents have inherited a number of pets from my siblings over the years

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Korean acquaintance of mine earlier posted furiously on Facebook how the iPhone 7 isn't water proof. I don't think much of it, until a few minutes ago, I see this.

I cannot stop laughing.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
:laffo:

I grab my phone in the shower to change music tracks or whatever but I would never go near a pool with it.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
boobs

Are the red beans in red beans n' rice supposed to be crunchy/chewey or soft/chewey? Because mine are deffo crunchy/chewey. They were in the cooker since 11 CST on low, then I put it on high at about 4 CST when I put the sausage in.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

lite_sleepr posted:

boobs

Are the red beans in red beans n' rice supposed to be crunchy/chewey or soft/chewey? Because mine are deffo crunchy/chewey. They were in the cooker since 11 CST on low, then I put it on high at about 4 CST when I put the sausage in.

Yeah, beans aren't supposed to be crunchy.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Look at this dumb poo poo

The middle beam sunk enough that it doesn't touch half those pointless half beams. Running from the right beam to the one under the left wall is only 6 feet, so we'll run new ones to be nice and level on that end. I don't know why they didn't do that in the first place. :grovertoot:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Are you just a Grover alt because goddamn

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Previous owners are poo poo.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Here's what I'm talking about FYI:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MA-Horus posted:

You mean previous owner's contractor or the company that built it.

drat near no one touches poo poo in their house and I doubt those have been touched since it was built.

It's how you wind up with problems like a 28" wide water heater in the attic but only a 26" wide doorway to get it out after it springs a leak.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Yeah, beans aren't supposed to be crunchy.

Welp.

Looks like It's stayin in the slow cooker till ~11p.m. and we can have it for lunch tomorrow.

ChickfilA tonight!

e: did Grover's home addition swallow him whole?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
My pork chops aren't defrosted. :mad:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Buca di Bepis posted:

Here's what I'm talking about FYI:

That's weird. So it's just leaking into the ground? Or is there some weird reducer fitted in there

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Mambold posted:

That's weird. So it's just leaking into the ground? Or is there some weird reducer fitted in there

the pipe is broken right there and yes it is partially leaking into the ground.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Working on making you a small sinkhole there.

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days
As a fellow homeowner you have my deepest sympathies. That's the kind of poo poo I dread :smith:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Helldump Immunity posted:

As a fellow homeowner you have my deepest sympathies. That's the kind of poo poo I dread :smith:

:golfclap: Don't we all.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Realtor recommended I get a sewer scope and yeah it's probably gonna be worth the $125 extra I spent on top of the home inspection.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty with home ownership but as a first time buyer I was thinking more along the lines of recalking the window seals and not digging a trench in the street and paying the city to divert traffic.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Why are you guys using a PS4 or xbone for streaming poo poo lol Christ just get a $35-$40 roku/amazon/chromecast stick

And yeah smart features and 4k are pretty much standard you'd have to go out of your way and spend more to find one witbout, at least as of 2 years ago or so. My KS8000's smart TV features are actually pretty decent though

Also you could just like not connect your TV to wifi/ethernet sans updates--which you can usually do via USB--if you're so spooked but hey w/e just complain incessantly about the smart features you can't turn off

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 17, 2017

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Buca di Bepis posted:

Realtor recommended I get a sewer scope and yeah it's probably gonna be worth the $125 extra I spent on top of the home inspection.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty with home ownership but as a first time buyer I was thinking more along the lines of recalking the window seals and not digging a trench in the street and paying the city to divert traffic.

I mean kudos on wanting to do stuff on your own in your own house but I would really, really recommend against doing anything like utility work on your own. It's a minefield of mistakes just waiting to blow the legs off your finances if you fly solo.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Why are you guys using a PS4 or xbone for streaming poo poo lol Christ just get a $35-$40 roku/amazon/chromecast stick

I got an xbone for Christmas last year, that's why I use it for streaming.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Buca di Bepis posted:

If at all possible get the seller to fix this or pay to get it fixed.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

McNally posted:

I got an xbone for Christmas last year, that's why I use it for streaming.

Same. I already have the PS4 so spending $35 to do the exact same thing my PS4 already does is a waste of $35.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TBeats posted:

Same. I already have the PS4 so spending $35 to do the exact same thing my PS4 already does is a waste of $35.

I figured someone like you would be worried about the wasted electricity $$

Streaming netflix for 10 hours a day is a pretty big hit compared to a streaming stick plus having to use the lovely console controller but hey w/e

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I stream for maybe like two hours a week

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Oh yeah I totally intend to walk if they don't address the sewer thing. No way I'm loving with that.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah home owning does seem like it can be a lot of work, probably can tackle most jobs yourself though

But when it comes to plumbing, flooding, busted pipes, poo poo buried underground and or under your driveway yeah nooo thanks that poo poo sounds terrifying

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Buca di Bepis posted:

Oh yeah I totally intend to walk if they don't address the sewer thing. No way I'm loving with that.

Good deal. I've known people that have just taken on problems like that before and been burned hard. Which reminds me, I haven't looked at hoodwinked house in a minute time to check up on that.

Edit: haha he's been sued by the house flipper for having the balls to call him out for bullshit house flipping. He's got a facebook page where he just shits on every listing this guy is trying to flip and urges people to call the city on him.

If none of you ever looked at the poo poo, the guy behind the hoodwinked house blog is pretty much in the right 100%. He got hosed hardcore and in devious ways deliberately to hide things from inspectors.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 17, 2017

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Good deal. I've known people that have just taken on problems like that before and been burned hard. Which reminds me, I haven't looked at hoodwinked house in a minute time to check up on that.

I think they took it down because the seller threatened legal action

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah this. Or knock the estimated amount off price.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad we have so many retired tradesmen as family members. A retired carpenter stopped by and gave us guidance, I was feeling overwhelmed until that. There were also seven god drat layers of flooring on top of the original fir floor. Basically

MA-Horus posted:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Making some Panang curry in the Instant Pot tonight. Best Christmas present ever.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

the pipe is broken right there and yes it is partially leaking into the ground.

Is your avvy from a baseball card?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

lite_sleepr posted:

Is your avvy from a baseball card?

http://www.snopes.com/sports/baseball/ripkencard.asp

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
A good thread title.

I got the Air Force one renammed, and now this one.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Had a good uncle day. Played soccer with my nephew. Played a memory game with my niece.

And just realized it has been ages since I donated blood so I guess I am doing that this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days
Donated marrow so I'm exempt from all charities/donations for the rest of my life.

• Locked thread