Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The EU amd the CIA are telling Trump about Jew fish?
Seriously what is this?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Sandpuppy posted:

Someone please explain the urinal cake earrings to me. Any relation to the tow-chain necklace she's wearing in the photo of the accompanying article, or is it just a Trump reference?

Rowson's been drawing Theresa May with a weird circular-bits necklace for a while now. The best guess I've gotten from reading the Guardian comment section is it's a reference to millstones around one's neck re: brexit and also the fact she likes to wear necklaces I guess. This is the first time they've been labelled though so I assume he's just adding a bit to his regular caricature because something something Trump piss pee pee doo doo she is a bad prime minister

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Holy poo poo when I saw this on SNL I thought it was a joke... he really did ask Steve Harvey for input on running HUD. :shepicide:

Same here. I just assumed they were doing another "Donald has no idea how to select a cabinet" joke like the Heisenberg sketch, and getting as much mileage out of Kenan's Steve Harvey impression as they could.

It's official. Reality is unbelievable when presented verbatim as an SNL sketch.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Since we're in the twilight hours of the Obama administration, here's a little reminder of happier times:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

W..what?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

The faithmouse artist was an LF regular.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Star-nosed moles have been in the clergy for decades, thank you.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

gently caress I'm so tired of this "UGH CELEBRITIES AND THEIR DUMB OPINIONS!" bullshit. How dare those evil monsters use their First Amendment rights!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Why is he making GBS threads in his leotard and why isn't it labeled "cabinet picks" or something

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

OldTennisCourt posted:

gently caress I'm so tired of this "UGH CELEBRITIES AND THEIR DUMB OPINIONS!" bullshit. How dare those evil monsters use their First Amendment rights!

I don't know, I kinda agree that celebrities should stay out of politics. Specifically TV celebrities. More specifically reality TV celebrities!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Johnny Walker posted:

You know, I actually think this could be a pretty funny cartoon if it wasn't so awfully rendered.

And if Todd hadn't made the exact same "protesters are pussies" cartoon several dozen times.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Every celebrities shouldn't be involved in politics comic coming from a Trump supporter is just a massive self own.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

God fashioned the heavens into the shape of dildos that we might one day see his message. A "Go gently caress Yourself" cartoon.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I'm trying to come up with a pithy way of phrasing it, but it really galls Republicans that some people are rich in social capital and it affords them the same undue influence that being rich in money does.

Or more likely, they just criticize anyone who disagrees with them on spurious grounds.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Brainamp posted:

God fashioned the heavens into the shape of dildos that we might one day see his message. A "Go gently caress Yourself" cartoon.

They're actually not there any more. :(

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2015/01/06/pillars-of-creation-destroyed/

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

sirtommygunn posted:

Why is he making GBS threads in his leotard and why isn't it labeled "cabinet picks" or something

Because he isn't making GBS threads.

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'm trying to come up with a pithy way of phrasing it, but it really galls Republicans that some people are rich in social capital and it affords them the same undue influence that being rich in money does.

Or more likely, they just criticize anyone who disagrees with them on spurious grounds.

The GOP is very good at coming up with catchy soundbites on why <insert person or group> has no legitimacy to criticize <dumb conservative policy or individual>.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Abyssal Squid posted:

It's the latter. See how they hate Soros (but ignore the Koch Bros) and how they attacked Clinton for her Wall Streets ties. And of course, the whole "celebrities shouldn't talk about politics" even though they idolize Ronald Reagan and got a reality TV star to be the next POTUS.

Basically, they attack people who do the same things they do.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Abyssal Squid posted:

Most of the celebrities they're aiming at are rich in money as well. What galls Republicans is that they're rich in money and in social capital.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

loving Isis :mad:

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

The EU amd the CIA are telling Trump about Jew fish?
Seriously what is this?

I think that the EU and CIA are spreading lies about plucky lil' Putin to make him seem dangerous?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohd0aT3m__k

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Stultus Maximus posted:

For some reason, Roll is making me angry again. Where's your arrest record, Ted? Where are your scars? Where is your molotov, your brick, your bat? When in his life has Todd ever done even what the soft, ineffective liberals he criticizes do much less gone farther?

Well, he did get cuffed by those corrupt LA cops for no reason at all (pending resolution of his lawsuit).

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Well, he did get cuffed by those corrupt LA cops for no reason at all (pending resolution of his lawsuit).

Which, even if true, is hilarious. His only encounter with the law had nothing to do with the Rallvolution.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Between Regan and Trump, I find it is the right that is far likelier to be completely duped by media stars :byewhore:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rall is such a bad artist I thought the clouds in the last panel were stink clouds and he just had to shoehorn in a "smelly French" joke until I looked at it a 3rd time.

Your boy got elected this time, Mikey, so we get to officially see which is worse: celebrity politics or Chicago politics.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

http://superfxckboy.tumblr.com/post/155972405433/alwaysbewoke-alwaysbewoke-quote-these-today

A series of edits with his other 'not nice' quotes for you to spam at relatives.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Post poste posted:

http://superfxckboy.tumblr.com/post/155972405433/alwaysbewoke-alwaysbewoke-quote-these-today

A series of edits with his other 'not nice' quotes for you to spam at relatives.

Don't link tumblr.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Seriously? I mean, I get that caring about and drawing attention to native matters is Marty's primary concern, but I'm pretty sure it's not just native Americans who will die with the repeal of the ACA. The reaper is not discriminating here, thousands of all races will die.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Post poste posted:

Not to knock Doctor King, but that third one is very clearly bullshit.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Seriously? I mean, I get that caring about and drawing attention to native matters is Marty's primary concern, but I'm pretty sure it's not just native Americans who will die with the repeal of the ACA. The reaper is not discriminating here, thousands of all races will die.

Literally no one else is going to point out how repealing the ACA will affect Native Americans.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Fulchrum posted:

Natives already have significantly underfunded and sub-par medical care.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

I think Ramirez had to realize what a horrible foundation this joke was sitting on from its inception. That's why he phoned it in on the art.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Fulchrum posted:

So what you're saying is, all lives matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Fulchrum posted:

I'm going to side with Two-Bulls on this one, since A) he is part of a group that will be hit particularly hard and b) the more groups that people are aware of this being hit hard, the more monstrous they realize it is and the more motivated they will be to act, both inside and outside a group. If it's just rural poor or black people or Native Americans being effective it's easy to not think about it, but when all these sources highlight all these groups? Then people realize "oh poo poo that's a lot of dead people because Ayn Rand thought you had to earn penicillin".

• Locked thread