Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Yuck at seeing Texans fans discussing Art Briles and Charlie Weiss as potential replacements at OC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

FizFashizzle posted:

All those teams winning another ring is better than the Falcons winning their first.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Magnetic North posted:

Listening to Pittsburgh callers on Boston sports radio today lead me to an epiphany. Pittsburgh fans are stupid. Now, by contrast: NE fans aren't stupid; they're childish.

Given my druthers, I guess I'd rather have someone tell me the Pittsburgh offense is an unstoppable juggernaut (of no loving TDs yesterday) than have someone cry when I tell them the Pats cheated or they had a soft schedule or might possibly lose a game. But I can see why they both compete for worst NFL fanbases.

You know what proves this rule? I'm a Pats fan and I'm widely casting aspersions on groups of strangers, which is the most childish thing of all.

i can get behind hating pats fans because i know most of the people i know that act like big fans didn't watch em go 1-15 or cry when they lost to green bay like someone i know.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Magnetic North posted:

Now, by contrast: NE fans aren't stupid;

Dafuq?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chris James 2 posted:

http://aflcfootball.com/index.php/team/team_intro

Just putting down that I am now a Hong Kong Combat Orcas and Chengdu Pandaman fan

Combat Orcas till the day I die :swoon:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

quote:

According to Pro Football Reference, there were five Osweilers in the 1950s (including the playoffs); 25 in the 1960s; 13 in the 1970s; 30 in the 1980s; 54 in the 1990s; 59 in the 2000s; and 37 from 2010 to 2015. There's a lot of fluctuation there, obviously, but in the past three-plus decades it has been a fairly steady average of about five or six Osweilers across the league in any given season. Over the entire timeframe from 1950 to 2015, Bernie Kosar led all passers with five Osweilers, followed by Sam Bradford with four and then 18 players with three. Remember, these are career totals, including playoffs. In 65 years, nobody ever had more than two Osweilers in a season -- and even that only happened 14 times.
Brock Osweiler's Osweiler against New England in the divisional round was his fourth in 16 starts this season. Nobody else had more than one (though with eight other quarterbacks posting an Osweiler, this would have been a big year for them even without the Osweiler). In just one year as a full-time starter, Osweiler has tied Bradford for second place in career Osweilers.

They define an Osweiler as a game where a QB throws 40+ times for less than 200 yards

:lol:

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Groovelord Neato posted:

i can get behind hating pats fans because i know most of the people i know that act like big fans didn't watch em go 1-15 or cry when they lost to green bay like someone i know.

I visited a friend's house during that Super Bowl, but I didn't watch or understand football at the time. They were all mad so I had to pretend to be to.

I looked up that Super Bowl to see what year it was, and it turns out it was in early 1997. More interestingly, and I'm sure you all already knew this, but Adam Vinatieri played in that game. :staredog:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

That game broke my heart.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Most teams who start lots of different players are bad. Something is going on in NE.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the jets

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The only remaining team I don't despise is the Falcons

Bird gang bitch

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Most teams who start lots of different players are bad. Something is going on in NE.

I mean I thought it was already established the Pats were cheaters and that is what separated them :confused:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

extendedsolo posted:

I think the Packers have a chance every single game because of #12. The issue is that they may be too injured to take down a team with 2 game breaking RBs and a top 3 receiver.

Rodgers can't play defense, though. The D is going to have to force some stops and I don't know if they can do it with as depleted as they are and with as good as the Falcons offense is.

I'm imagining a game like in (i think 2009) where it was GB/ARI 52-49 or something like that. Kurt Warner was QB for the Cardinals in that game.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Magnetic North posted:

I visited a friend's house during that Super Bowl, but I didn't watch or understand football at the time. They were all mad so I had to pretend to be to.

I looked up that Super Bowl to see what year it was, and it turns out it was in early 1997. More interestingly, and I'm sure you all already knew this, but Adam Vinatieri played in that game. :staredog:

I was a Sophomore in High School for that game. The state of Wisconsin shut the gently caress DOWN. NOTHING was open for that game.

And Desmond Howard was a return god that year.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
:lol: If Antonio Brown gets fined for that facebook video, what rule is there that says people can't talk poo poo about other teams?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

um

https://twitter.com/djamesiii/status/821170745392779264

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

achillesforever6 posted:

:lol: If Antonio Brown gets fined for that facebook video, what rule is there that says people can't talk poo poo about other teams?

There's no rule about talking poo poo about other teams, but there is one that gives the nfl's broadcast partners exclusive rights to all locker room video footage for a limited time following the game. That would be the grounds for any fine on AB.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

oh poo poo,

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cool, cool. This would make Ross finding his new team easier.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Go to Denver, friend. Stay the gently caress out of my division and let Russell Brady it up with this poo poo divisoon

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If I'm the Bills right now, I'm calling the Chargers and saying, "We are picking up Tyrod's option. I'm not really sure why I called you."

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Rivers behind the Niners line against the cardinals, hawks, and rams twice a year?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kalli posted:

Cool, cool. This would make Ross finding his new team easier.

Pretty sure he's on the record saying he's done with the league when Rivers leaves the team

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The real answer is the chargers don't make him move to LA and he just flies between LA and San Diego constantly and just stays at hotels the last few days before home games.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Houston Houston Houston Houston Houston Houston Hou

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Hell, one of his kids would still be an upgrade for you guys.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Sorry the 49ers used up all their competent quarterbacks.

We had a Colin Kaepernick dead cat bounce a few years ago but that stock is dead.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

I'll be ecstatic and believe it if something else backs this up, like Rivers waiving his no-trade clause.

edit: check that, if he goes to the 49ers, i'll send flowers to his wake

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's fun to think about but there's literally no way the Texans could make the salary work without giving up on keeping Nuk and Bouye

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I wouldn't believe that Rivers would consider playing for the 49ers even if the team had a championship caliber roster let alone what it has now.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
If Rivers leaves, he goes to a place that has a shotof winning a Super Bowl. Houston, Denver, and KC should be tripping over themselves to get him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

King Hong Kong posted:

I wouldn't believe that Rivers would consider playing for the 49ers even if the team had a championship caliber roster let alone what it has now.

A classy organization that is in a class of its own both in its winning and the class with which it wins?!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"Hmm maybe we can get a haul for Rivers from the 49ers"

*Tom Telesco picks up his telephone*

*dials "49ers"*

*rings rings rings rings*

"hello you've reached the voicemail of Trent Baalke. Mr. Baalke is no longer with the organization. Please call the main line for assistance. Messages left at this line will not be checked. Thank you."

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

swickles posted:

If Rivers leaves, he goes to a place that has a shotof winning a Super Bowl. Houston, Denver, and KC should be tripping over themselves to get him.

Houston has $24 million in cap space not taking into account money for draft picks or keeping their own free agents. Could generate some space by cutting Jonathan Joseph, Brian Cushing, Derek Newton (kind of cold to do that one), Duane Brown (not gonna happen, he's a bargain for LT of his caliber), Brandon Weeden (probably happening)... maybe restructuring a few contracts. But I just can't see it happening. There's a serious need at RT and safety, they need to sign Nuk to a long term deal, and letting Bouye and Simon walk would be tough pills to swallow. I guess if they could figure out a way to squeeze everyone in then they could cut Brock after the season and that would be huge relief, but even then it'd be tough. Plus the draft pick cost which is probably what, a first and second minimum, maybe even two firsts and one or two seconds?

Probably worth it though lol

Imagine this team but with Rivers instead of Brock

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

David J. Barclay III's twitter is like gazing upon the sincere version of what the Ray Parlor parodies.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So Rivers doens't want to move to LA, but he'll go to SF instead???

He'll retire on the spot before he moves cities

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

In Houston he'd get to wear his bolo tie all the time no questions asked, just saying

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

In Houston he'd get to wear his bolo tie all the time no questions asked, just saying

Yeah, the stringent enforcement of dress codes by the California Fashion Police is absolutely stifling.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I definitely could see Tiffany Rivers in a Mercedes SUV changing lanes without using a blinker on her way to La Fondue and then a Saratoga town hall meeting to limit all buildings within their district to be no taller than 8 feet and that nobody can build anything that can be seen by anyone else's property.

Then she calls her housemaid Lupita and complains about how she had to go visit her friends on Communications Hill but she had to go through Curtner and Monterey Highway and it was just disgusting

~*~ south bay jokes ~*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the bolo tie is the official neckwear of arizona

• Locked thread