Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Bogan Krkic posted:

Saved a penalty? Aren't you a defender?

I thought we already determined all goons are keepers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
sometimes when i'm on the field and nothing is going on, i'll reminisce how awful my life is

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

cosmicjim posted:

I thought we already determined all goons are keepers.

I usually am a centreback but it's 7 a side and we had no subs so we were rotating keepers when we needed a rest. Last keeper in extra time had to face penalties, so when I say "saved" I mean "stood rooted to the spot as the ball smashed into my waiting groin".

Luckily the other team were slightly more terrible at penalties than we were, so happy days

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I've bought new boots, I think theyr'e fantastic looking.

Mizuno Morelia Neo II

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

These are fantastic. How long will it take before an overweight retail manager slide tackles you?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

How is he going to slide tackle himself???

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Bogan Krkic posted:

How is he going to slide tackle himself???

Very carefully

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
What are some good boots for the wider footed person? I always go through the Base of my big toe with cheap nike ones (they also rub on my little toe ) but that might be because they're made of one cheap piece of material.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Breath Ray posted:

What are some good boots for the wider footed person? I always go through the Base of my big toe with cheap nike ones (they also rub on my little toe ) but that might be because they're made of one cheap piece of material.

I had two pairs of adidas a50 which were nice and stretchable from the sides but they still started tearing after a few months, I now switched to cheap diadoras which seem to last longer and are also easier to get into, another plus is that they have shock absorbing soles which really helped reduce the stress on my shins and knees which now no longer hurt after I play.

I don't remember the exact model but I'll post it when I get back home.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Much obliged, emanresu tnuocca :tipshat:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Breath Ray posted:

If that's still too narrow, try
ASICS Men's DS Light Wide

Before those showed up (and after Adidas abandoned their lovely and overpriced, but at least it had a wide option, Tunit line) I was paying basically double to get shoes from Asia http://www.widesoccercleats.net/

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Breath Ray posted:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
He's not playing rugby for Harlequins!!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I'm playing in a cup match today against a side 3 divisions above us, prayers and candles to santa maria please

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tongues posted:

I'm playing in a cup match today against a side 3 divisions above us, prayers and candles to santa maria please

St. Jude is the patron saint of lost causes, friend.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

My son was playing around with me and unintentionally nutmegged me.

So I spanked the poo poo out of him and sent him to his room.

It was either that or two footing his rear end. Don't loving show boat on me kid.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Soulex posted:

My son was playing around with me and unintentionally nutmegged me.

So I spanked the poo poo out of him and sent him to his room.

It was either that or two footing his rear end. Don't loving show boat on me kid.

Papu_gomez.mp4

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I'm surprised you still have legs

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Gigi Galli posted:

St. Jude is the patron saint of lost causes, friend.

All good, coach says I'm on the bench so we're a chance now

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I'm surprised you still have legs

Who knows what the future holds?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Soulex posted:

Who knows what the future holds?

You're going to make a shitload of money shrimp fishing?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'm going away next weekend for the Auckland Nines (for my birthday) and fly back home on the Monday at 7am with the Superbowl at 10am. I have a bunch of people coming over for it and we'll all be getting massively drunk while eating terrible food.

I then have my team's first training of the pre season at 7pm.

Pray for iajanus

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

iajanus posted:

I'm going away next weekend for the Auckland Nines (for my birthday) and fly back home on the Monday at 7am with the Superbowl at 10am. I have a bunch of people coming over for it and we'll all be getting massively drunk while eating terrible food.

I then have my team's first training of the pre season at 7pm.

Pray for iajanus

At least you won't be hungover! I've legitimately played some of the best football of my life while half cut

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Anyone got any advice for finding my local sunday league?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

You're going to make a shitload of money shrimp fishing?

Yup Chubba Pump Fishing Company.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

Anyone got any advice for finding my local sunday league?

Where do you live? In Aus the state federation keeps contact links for all the local leagues and you usually contact a club first and they'll deal with registering you with the state bodies etc.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
First game of five a side since June/July tonight. Already nipped into the chemist for some deep heat, could be a sore one tommorow lads.

Still, great excuse for some scrambled eggs with beans and toast for the traditional pre match.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I played my first indoor game since September last night, three off the post and a goal in a 9-7 win. I have a sharp pain in my heel right after playing but it goes away overnight. Anyone ever get this?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I have bruised the bottom of my heel before but it wasn't sharp and just faded away eventually. Sounds like a heel spur or mild plantar fasciitis, maybe, but I don't really know I'm just guessing of things other people I know have had.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

Yeah I played my first indoor game since September last night, three off the post and a goal in a 9-7 win. I have a sharp pain in my heel right after playing but it goes away overnight. Anyone ever get this?

Bruised heal, goes away in a few days. Stay off it. Call a doctor if t persists.

To check if it's broken, squeeze your foot around the arch. If it is excruciating (I mean that) go to the ER, you broke something.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I think it's tendon related because I've had it before and it's only painful during certain motions.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Tongues posted:

Where do you live? In Aus the state federation keeps contact links for all the local leagues and you usually contact a club first and they'll deal with registering you with the state bodies etc.

I live in England but I'll keep the search on.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cant you just stick your head out of your window and shout "which wonaya cunts wanna foot?" Or is that Australia?

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Soulex posted:

Cant you just stick your head out of your window and shout "which wonaya cunts wanna foot?" Or is that Australia?

heroin is all the rage atm.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

you live in england and you're having trouble finding a sunday league team?

seriously??

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

]

are you a real english or are you from wales or something

Try this: http://www.ukfootballfinder.co.uk/findteam/findteam.php

when I lived in a tiny village in england that consisted of a village green two pubs and a butcher they had a sunday league side, I'm sure there'll be one within shouting distance in any direction

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yup. Try shouting out the window and post your results

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

:lol:

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013

Tongues posted:

Did this earlier today in fact on a sudden feeling and three hours later I was training with one of their lower-division sides. Couple hours of training and then pizza and beer all 'round.

I haven't played regularly in years so I was struggling a fair bit with quick changes of pace/direction (21, average fitness, non-smoker, so I'm not that unfit surely) and obv my touch/reading of the flow was utter dogshit but I figure it'll come with time and experience! Figure I'll be shoved into the club's weakest side as backup rightback or something but honestly it was a great experience and I can't wait for two days time to murder my knees again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Arquebus posted:

Did this earlier today in fact on a sudden feeling and three hours later I was training with one of their lower-division sides. Couple hours of training and then pizza and beer all 'round.

I haven't played regularly in years so I was struggling a fair bit with quick changes of pace/direction (21, average fitness, non-smoker, so I'm not that unfit surely) and obv my touch/reading of the flow was utter dogshit but I figure it'll come with time and experience! Figure I'll be shoved into the club's weakest side as backup rightback or something but honestly it was a great experience and I can't wait for two days time to murder my knees again

:highfive:

My club just made it into the national cup in the prestigious round of 758, away days coming to some snotty semi pro team :getin: