Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Powaqoatse posted:

well yeah they're for 90s teenagers

... are you an 80s teenager?

same cause i turned 13 in 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ugh no i mean being a teenager in those decades

american teens in the 90s wore jncos

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

how is jncos still in business

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Powaqoatse posted:

ugh no i mean being a teenager in those decades

american teens in the 90s wore jncos

I was an American teen in the 90s and I've never heard of them. but my wife is going to be so embarrassed by them that they're almost worth getting now

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Management posted:

I was an American teen in the 90s and I've never heard of them.

arent you american? wtf

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

The Management posted:

I was an American teen in the 90s and I've never heard of them. but my wife is going to be so embarrassed by them that they're almost worth getting now

fart simpson posted:

arent you american? wtf

yeah what is this anti-jncoist nonsense?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

were you some from insanely rich family who sent you to fancy schools with uniforms?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
i went to a school with uniforms in the 90s and you could tell who the cool kids were bc they wore jncos on the "casual dress" days

after getting made fun of for wearing "tight" wranglers i got my mom to get me some lee pipes from marshalls, so i could instead get made fun of for not wearing the correct brand of mega baggy pants

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The Management posted:

:psyduck:

did you grow up in a weird secluded sect maybe?

are you at least aware that extremely baggy / bellbottom pants were all the rage even if they were sometimes not-cool brands?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The Management's pants then & now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWW8_8fc0-E

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

fart simpson posted:

were you some from insanely rich family who sent you to fancy schools with uniforms?

lol no. I went to public school in Los Angeles suburbs.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol that all catholic schools are now fancy rich kid schools

lol if you didnt have a proper tartan pattern for your school. just lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Agile Vector posted:

nice projecting there

tons of non-catholic schools have uniforms

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

it's catholic schools, exclusive boarding schools or schools with metal detectors

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Agile Vector posted:

i wasnt saying only catholic schools have uniforms but catholic school students arent normally so isolated from outside culture

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Powaqoatse posted:

nice projecting there

tons of non-catholic schools have uniforms

i didnt say they didnt :shrug:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The Management posted:

lol no. I went to public school in Los Angeles suburbs.

then i literally dont understand how you never heard of jncos lol

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

i've never heard of jncos but i also went to school in rural massachusetts

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Agile Vector posted:

i didnt say they didnt :shrug:

yea but you were the first to mention catholic schools

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

CommunistPancake posted:

i've never heard of jncos but i also went to school in rural massachusetts

nobody gives a poo poo about the brands, idk that you could even get jncos in denmark

they're just the american goto word for that wide-legged weirdly bell-bottom fashion though. so 90s. especially if they had straps/chains/reflective strips/etc

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

chains on chains on chains on chains

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

through time the pant-paraphernelia got more & more complicated, eventually becoming this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeSNodFSAfE

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Powaqoatse posted:

through time the pant-paraphernelia got more & more complicated, eventually becoming this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeSNodFSAfE

i like queen so much that i watched the whole thing

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

that video's name makes it sound like some weird fetish thing.

it's a weird fetish thing, isn't it :smith:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/cool-guy-from-middle-school-still-sporting-phat-pa-34730

lol never forget

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

jncos were mall weenie pants, the cool kids had fresh jive, forties or GAT

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i always associated jncos with people who were *really* into korn

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Any suggestions for Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2013 ROMs that would allow me to get security patches going forward? The last security patch from Google ended in August 2016.

I've rooted the device and at the moment it's running the Resurrection Remix ROM. Still playing about with it but it seems OK so far.
using something called "resurrection remix rom" is definitely better than buying something else

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the android tablet landscape is so hosed and iyg posters so bad that that thread regularly recommends a four and two year old tablet as the best

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I still don't get how android tablets have failed that badly, I mean I've used a couple and I understand why people don't like them but they've done so badly even microsoft has a foothold in that market

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Tablets are dead tho so that's not too surprising

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i bought my grandma an ipad air 2 for christmas to replace a really old acer laptop and i'd do it again

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

I still don't get how android tablets have failed that badly, I mean I've used a couple and I understand why people don't like them but they've done so badly even microsoft has a foothold in that market

I have a 2013 Nexus 7 that I use solely for watching documentaries while I'm on my exercise bike. It works okay for that.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Progressive JPEG posted:

Tablets are dead tho so that's not too surprising

apple sells more than 40 million a year, or about $16 billion in revenues. this is more than the iPod at its peak when it was a hit product. sales are slowing down but they are certainly not dead.

android tablets, on the other hand, are terrible and nobody wants them. google stopped caring about them a long time ago and manufacturers make no money selling them so they are all poo poo, which made consumers stop buying them.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

qirex posted:

isn't the only reason microsoft has any sort of foothold in the tablet market because they paid people to make them

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

and then paid a football league to use them

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

anthonypants posted:

isn't the only reason microsoft has any sort of foothold in the tablet market because they paid people to make them

they spent way more money trying to get windows phone going and that got nowhere

I think the "it actually runs word/excel/powerpoint" is still a non-trivial draw for a lot of people, especially while all the alternatives are still pretty bad

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

microsoft's deal with the nfl is like 400 million, they spent at least 3 billion on winpho marketing

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

anthonypants posted:

nobody uses the Microsoft tablets without a keyboard. they are laptops.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

qirex posted:

I think the "it actually runs word/excel/powerpoint" is still a non-trivial draw for a lot of people, especially while all the alternatives are still pretty bad

tablets are for reading, laptops are for writing and this washing machine does a terrible job cleaning my potatoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"tablets are 100% consumption devices" is false, the vast majority of people use them for that but I bet a whole lot of them buy them with the intent of using them for productivity

plus windows touch UI is so bad I've only ever seen people using surfaces with the keyboards

• Locked thread