Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

I thought One wrote all of the Murata storylines. Was I mistaken?

He does. ONE is involved in everything.

And think about it. This thing has been going on for a year and a bit, ONE can sit down, do a bunch of dialogue and then leave it for months. ONE is involved with everything though and Murata talks about it on his stream from time to time.

And by his own projects, it's basically Mob and the Murata OPM. His OPM is a hobby that he rarely ever updates, he's been in his heaviest spurt of activity in a long time on that recently. He'll also do work for the anime stuff but writing this will be one of ONE's priorities.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jan 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Schwarzwald posted:

I thought One wrote all of the Murata storylines. Was I mistaken?

This arc has gone off rails a lot because ONE got busy with Mob Psycho. I mean, everything about this tournament, while well drawn, are just revisiting the themes we already saw with Genos vs Saitama, the Sea King arc and Boros.

It's not bad, but it doesn't offer anything new so far, I think.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

This arc has gone off rails a lot because ONE got busy with Mob Psycho. I mean, everything about this tournament, while well drawn, are just revisiting the themes we already saw with Genos vs Saitama, the Sea King arc and Boros.

It's not bad, but it doesn't offer anything new so far, I think.

The only thing he spoke about being affected by Mob's anime on his twitter was Mob itself. Murata was really busy last year doing other things too, like a mountain of Street Fighter art.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Glorious art, mind.

I'm not entirely familiar with how much ONE storyboarding with Murata, I just expected the tournament being there mostly to keep Saitama in the story.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I really hope Suiryu rather than reacting like everyone else and thinking "god resides in this man's fist" he decides to go all out instead.

I don't see that happening, that punch was Saitama putting him in his place to me.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

For sure and it's a pretty clear callback to the sparring match he had with Genos down to the DEATH kanji. I'd like to see someone get hyped by it though rather than be put back in their box.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

TheKingofSprings posted:

I don't see that happening, that punch was Saitama putting him in his place to me.

I can totally see his look of surprise turning into a huge grin. Giving up here would be pretty anticlimactic.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I think it will be different because it'll let Saitama "experience martial arts".

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Dude's gonna say something like "This is the first time i've experienced fear. This get me PUMPED!" and tries to go all out, then that monster that's on the way to crash the tournament will finally drop in and interrupt the fight before Suiryu gets a chance to be one-hit.
There's a good chance he'll try fighting the monster in Saitama's stead and wake up to the Hero Business. Only for the challenge, of course.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Saitama wants to experience martial arts and just said he wants to avoid ending it in one punch so he'll probably go easy and have some sort of fight??? with like, martial arts moves and stuff?? :O

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bear in mind that Mob Psycho began publication months before the Murata OPM has so MP100 was ONE's day job this entire time yet ONE still wrote all of the bonus chapters and other stuff new to the Murata ver. that wasn't in the original. He's also still a human so it's okay to admit when something he wrote doesn't match the highest high points of his existing work or doesn't tread new ground.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Zzulu posted:

Saitama wants to experience martial arts and just said he wants to avoid ending it in one punch so he'll probably go easy and have some sort of fight??? with like, martial arts moves and stuff?? :O

Oh crap, have we seen him ever kick anything?

NORMAL KIIIIICK!

Can not wait for it!

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Oh poo poo, actually, you're right. He only defeats any enemy with one punch. If he only kicks, it might be a challenge :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Saitama finds that his kicks are like the caress of a cool summer breeze and gets so loving excited because fights can be exciting again as long as he doesn't accidently throw his arms at them.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Saitama jumped back from the moon so I think his kicks should be dece if he lies on his back like a turtle

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

He jumps on the underground king and kills em

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah, those 100 squats really pay dividends.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah, those 100 squats really pay dividends.

Yeah, don't ever skip leg day.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 17, 2017

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Isn't it really a re occurring theme that people either rise to the challenge or die? Genos, Boros, the weird scientist who cloned himself all responded with excitement and determination to being punched. Seems this arc is another take on that story.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
We've seen his sidehops technique own Sonic.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Talk poo poo get (almost) hit.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
new chapter out at the usual place, yo

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Link for the lazy: http://mangastream.com/r/onepunch_man/071/3991/1

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

raocow posted:

new chapter out at the usual place, yo

Oh, cool, you're reading this manga. Have you checked out ONE's version too?

God, that was siiick!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Mordaedil posted:

Oh, cool, you're reading this manga. Have you checked out ONE's version too?

God, that was siiick!

That poor arena. It's like a parody of DBZ tournament arcs.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
One-Butt Man

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The final opponent in Keijo

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I think the look of Saitama's face while taking those punches is the best thing.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I think the look of Saitama's face while taking those punches is the best thing.

I like that brief moment of mild, hopeful excitement when suiryuu says it's real martial arts

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the best comic book ever made

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That was a beefy as hell chapter!

Also, I'm kinda glad the tournament is over, because that brings us that much closer to the next arc which is supposed to be really good.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So far playing the Bloodsport theme song in my head during the tournament has been working out. Guess now I've got to listen to my brain scream MORTAL COMBAT! and then try and techno beatbox.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
So that's where the Serious Table Flip comes from.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 31, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

people in this thread don't know what that is.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Reinanigans posted:

One-Butt Man

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm guessing something is going to happen to put Suiryu out of the picture or else he's just going to destroy all these monsters in like 10 seconds. He's not even close to Saitama's strength but he's gotta be mid-upper S-tier.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

RatHat posted:

I'm guessing something is going to happen to put Suiryu out of the picture or else he's just going to destroy all these monsters in like 10 seconds. He's not even close to Saitama's strength but he's gotta be mid-upper S-tier.

Are you kidding, he's gonna get loving wrecked

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Holy poo poo are those the crows who were eating the Lion King

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

Holy poo poo are those the crows who were eating the Lion King

who?