Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mad Wack posted:

the meetings will continue

death, taxes

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

good too see dilbert jokes circa 1995 are still in

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Mad Wack posted:

the meetings will continue until morale improves

Bloody posted:

good too see dilbert jokes circa 1995 are still in

looks like someone has a case of working the holiday mondays

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Mad Wack posted:

the meetings will continue until morale improves

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
oh whoops, i thought they'd scheduled the noon status meeting for Sunday, and it was Saturday.

oh well, deployment still worked out without me at all.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Elder Postsman posted:

this is me this week and next

It's my current peer / future boss to his current team. His team is complaining to me about it, and there's nothing much i can do now or then to prevent it. Not looking forward to the future.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I'm working on Monday

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

maniacdevnull posted:

I'm working on Monday

we have monday off, so they set up weekend meetings to cover for the monday stuff we won't be doing on monday.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Iridium posted:

we have monday off, so they set up weekend meetings to cover for the monday stuff we won't be doing on monday.

The dream is still alive!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

maniacdevnull posted:

I'm working on Monday

same

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I'm not working tomorrow, thanks civil rights ghost-man.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

my company is moving to loving lotus notes and sametime please someone push me off of a tall building. s4b will be but a distant dream. time to die.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

sleepwalkers posted:

my company is moving to loving lotus notes

are you a time traveler from 1996?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

sleepwalkers posted:

my company is moving to loving lotus notes and sametime please someone push me off of a tall building. s4b will be but a distant dream. time to die.

that's pretty hosed up

sametime is actually good though. we're finally switching off notes/sametime and holy loving jesus does s4b suck. why is there so much white space. why are chat logs so convoluted and weird. why can't i paste an image inline. eurgh

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

i work for a company that was acquired and has no choice. we're currently in hell as we migrate:
- old email addresses still work with outlook but we can't reserve rooms anymore
- s4b works for text chat as poorly as it always has
- new addresses work
- if we don't like notes we can use a suck-rear end web client, or opt into keeping a 30-day rolling window of current emails in outlook, i think having to go back to notes or web client to dig up old material.

so now half of the company has jumped in feet first to our new poo poo, and half of the company refuses to switch, so its a horrible mess of contacting people using four different applications.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

sleepwalkers posted:

i work for a company that was acquired and has no choice. we're currently in hell as we migrate:
- old email addresses still work with outlook but we can't reserve rooms anymore
- new addresses work
- if we don't like notes we can use a suck-rear end web client, or opt into keeping a 30-day rolling window of current emails in outlook, i think having to go back to notes or web client to dig up old material.

so now half of the company has jumped in feet first to our new poo poo, and half of the company refuses to switch, so its a horrible mess of contacting people using four different applications.

i have a feeling you were acquired by my employer. which web client have they told you about, because there are two of them

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i like to think id get a new job if i was forced to use lotus notes. but id probably just put up with it and grumble now and then.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

carry on then posted:

i have a feeling you were acquired by my employer. which web client have they told you about, because there are two of them

verse. god i hope there's a mail client somewhere that doesn't suck poo poo.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

sleepwalkers posted:

verse. god i hope there's a mail client somewhere that doesn't suck poo poo.

there's also a notes web interface (fartcloud notes lmao)

honestly i've just settled into using outlook + notes fat client for archives and hoping they relent on the 30 day limit for outlook

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

carry on then posted:

(fartbutt notes lmao)

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

carry on then posted:

(fartcloud notes lmao)

lol

i'll check it out, thanks

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

i need to find another cloud-to-butt solution if i'm gonna use this.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

sleepwalkers posted:

- new addresses work

lol

who the gently caress still uses lotus notes

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

mishaq posted:

lol

guess

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

mishaq posted:

lol

shaggar.

and a lot of local governments

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
not anymore!!

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park
my company has Lync but no one uses it. instead everyone signs up for a skype account (not s4b) and uses skype for IM

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

mishaq posted:

lol

the people that make it?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

also it's not lotus notes anymore, it's

IBM Notes: Social Edition

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

the people that make it?

smart companies don't eat their own dog food

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mishaq posted:

smart companies don't eat their own dog food

let me introduce you to the software centipede that is microsoft and ibm

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

software centipede 2: full communication

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Shaggar posted:

not anymore!!

da fuk

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
they stopped using "Lotus" when they realised that just mentioning that word in sales meetings was killing sales

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

cheque_some posted:

my company has Lync but no one uses it. instead everyone signs up for a skype account (not s4b) and uses skype for IM

lol same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
this one dude on the call has stopped to apologize like four times for misunderstanding one issue that he keeps bringing up.

• Locked thread