Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wow technology!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.
New Dorohedoro http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dorohedoro/Vol-022-Ch-150--Hole-Gourmet-Report?id=343001

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Maaaaan I've told myself I'll wait until this ends before I read the last arc but it feels like it's been years now.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Kamisama no Iutoori is a really good binge read. Ending isn't awesome, and apparently the sequel series just starts with a new group back at the beginning, but it was a great ride.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

Pierson posted:

Maaaaan I've told myself I'll wait until this ends before I read the last arc but it feels like it's been years now.

After the delay, it looks like she extended the number of volumes that would be put out. If vol 22 is the end, and they keep its length the same as earlier volumes, we've got like 6-7 chapters to go. Which is frustrating because the original idea was end with volume 20, so things are getting stretched out... we're getting these silly filler chapters OK come on, while hole running around eating low-level dudes is kind of funny, we've gotten about 0 plot advancement in this chapter.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
If anyone's reading it, the latest chapter of The Little Match Girl is pretty fuckin great for reasons i can't detail in advance.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

klapman posted:

Kamisama no Iutoori is a really good binge read. Ending isn't awesome, and apparently the sequel series just starts with a new group back at the beginning, but it was a great ride.

The new series ends up intersecting with the ending of the first series, with some of the original characters folding back into the plot.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah the 2nd series continues the story, it's not really a sequel.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

HenryEx posted:

If anyone's reading it, the latest chapter of The Little Match Girl is pretty fuckin great for reasons i can't detail in advance.

I am.

The end! No moral!

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Ytlaya posted:

The new series ends up intersecting with the ending of the first series, with some of the original characters folding back into the plot.

RatHat posted:

Yeah the 2nd series continues the story, it's not really a sequel.

Oh, awesome! Gonna check it out then, thanks for the info.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Fumetsu no Anata e -- the new series from the Koe no Katachi mangaka -- seems pretty decent from what I've read of it so far. Not quite what I was expecting, though.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I'm not sure if anyone else is reading it, but there's new To You, the Immortal.

I was concerned the story was moving in an ugly direction, but I clearly didn't have enough faith in Big Sis.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Ah, so you did! Sorry, I'm not as familiar with the direct Japanese names of mangas.

Squidster fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 19, 2017

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

I posted about it literally just above you... :smith:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It's great.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Wookie Bouquet posted:

After the delay, it looks like she extended the number of volumes that would be put out. If vol 22 is the end, and they keep its length the same as earlier volumes, we've got like 6-7 chapters to go. Which is frustrating because the original idea was end with volume 20, so things are getting stretched out... we're getting these silly filler chapters OK come on, while hole running around eating low-level dudes is kind of funny, we've gotten about 0 plot advancement in this chapter.

Are you seriously suggesting she should be shortening Chidaruma and Hole-kun's first date? Have a heart, man.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I have no idea what's going on half of the time anyway
similar to my experience reading knights of sidonia

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is there anything to be said about Dorohedoro at this point without spoilers fit for a Civic kit. Quite an inexplicable buildup to a final climax.

Captain Invictus posted:

The latest wonderland is metal as gently caress

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Wonderland

A very enjoyable read so far. I am a Hero sure is taking its sweet time as usual.

HenryEx posted:

This one struck me as something of extreme production quality. The wavering presence and absence of morality is refreshing to say the least, and drat this is one stylish as f*** manga.

Frank Grimes makes an excellent assistant

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Metal Pink Babble posted:

This one struck me as something of extreme production quality. The wavering presence and absence of morality is refreshing to say the least, and drat this is one stylish as f*** manga.
Yeah, i like it, and it's stylish. It's also not just "lovely person gets hosed over by their shittyness" every chapter, like it seems at the start, so it's not a one-trick pony.

Anyways, i've been re-reading Sekitou Elegy and it's so good. I need to immortalize this perfection in form of a couple photo here, so i can check on it every once in a while.

This is your reminder to read it if you haven't already.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Roger, I will give it a go. Thanks for the suggestion!

E: Whoa, the first obscure Excel Saga reference right off the bat. I'm gonna get nice and cozy and read this one through in one sit.

Metal Pink Babble fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 22, 2017

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Genocyber posted:

Are you seriously suggesting she should be shortening Chidaruma and Hole-kun's first date? Have a heart, man.

I'm curious to see what she'll write about Dorohedoro. One of the best things about Dorohedoro is the genuinely unique setting and characters (95% of fantasy follows some sort of Tolkien-inspired setting), so I'll be curious to see what she comes up with next.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Nikaido and Kaiman are going to kiss.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I will accept it as long as he still has the gross lizard head

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HenryEx posted:

Anyways, i've been re-reading Sekitou Elegy and it's so good. I need to immortalize this perfection in form of a couple photo here, so i can check on it every once in a while.

This is your reminder to read it if you haven't already.
god drat you getting my hopes up that someone had picked it up only to be greeted by this as soon as I clicked the new chapter

:tizzy:

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
dude, this is starting to tear at my heart while making me think about things.

If I didn't know any better, I'd cancel my neighbor's internet so I could stop watching this train wreck (still loading chapters in advance)

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Trainwreck? The only thing that gets wrecked is their bed :grin:

edit: and a few bikes tbf

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 22, 2017

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
10th Manga Taisho nominees have been announced.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-23/10th-manga-taisho-awards-nominates-13-titles/.111362

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Dungeon Meshi better win.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Was going to say that. There's some other good series on there, but Dungeon Meshi is one of the best manga ever made, and even though I love Golden Kamuy, I think DM got shafted last time.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Boy, I sure hope my favorite series wins the CARTOON GRAND PRIZE.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yes

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Nipponophile posted:

Boy, I sure hope my favorite series wins the CARTOON GRAND PRIZE.
:same:
The eat poo poo in a dungeon series is preeeeetty good but imho go Promised Neverland!!!

Also I know it's not its fault but it feels like there's a million RPG-y/RPG deconstructionist series in the last couple years and it's kind of like ehhhhhhhh

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dungeon Meshi is extremely good but not quite "literally the best" good. I've only read 4 of the nominees and while I enjoy all of them, I'm not sure which I would actually say is the best (and some of the ones I haven't read look like they have the potential to be better).

Promised Neverland is good, but it's too early to really tell how good it's going to be. What happens after/if they escape is going to really determine the overall quality of the series.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If Golden Kamuy doesn't win, I'm turning in my Manga Sheriff badge and six-shooter which shoots a single flag out of the barrel, reading "BANG!"

Gonna have to read a foodie manga now. Captain, why must you troll so well?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't know any of those series but one's by Higashimura so that probably deserves to win.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I like Dungeon Meshi a lot but I'm contractually obligated to root for Takagi-san. Also I like it best

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There is nothing trollish about dungeon meshi recommendations, it is that good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You will be hungry for impossible food

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rodyle posted:

I don't know any of those series but one's by Higashimura so that probably deserves to win.

To be honest, with the exception of Kakukaku Shikajika, the other stuff I've read by Higashimura is just "exceedingly competent" rather than anything I'd call outstanding. Like, it's done with extreme skill and professionalism and is solidly entertaining, but I don't know that I'd call it the best*.

*But there is a good chance I'd call her possibly the best manga artist in terms of "being super skilled at her craft." While I don't know if I'd rank her stuff at the top when it comes to the artistic merit of the narratives/characters, in terms of general skill at making manga she's pretty much at the peak.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 24, 2017

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Metal Pink Babble posted:

If Golden Kamuy doesn't win, I'm turning in my Manga Sheriff badge and six-shooter which shoots a single flag out of the barrel, reading "BANG!"

Golden Kamuy isn't even nominated this year (or ever again), since the rules say the title in question must have at most 8 volumes published, and GK is already at 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Akagi: The Genius Who Descended into Darkness snubbed for the 10th year in a row. What were they thinking!