Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
ill eat as much as i can yes. tourist stuff will depend on how long the cars last at ebisu, 2 of our group have got cars already at ebisu, and im looking for a 3rd for myself. helps having a bunch of mechanics coming over so buying a $1k AUD r32 sounds like a real good idea atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

A $1k ASD R32 GTR would be a bad idea since most have been trashed to death. A R32 GTS on the other hand will probably be find but keep in mind it has a babby RB in it. Also hope you have fun.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

BigPaddy posted:

A $1k ASD R32 GTR would be a bad idea since most have been trashed to death. A R32 GTS on the other hand will probably be find but keep in mind it has a babby RB in it. Also hope you have fun.

r32 gtr wheels go for $1k here lol. rb20 gtst with one headlight, one tailight, and an expected lifespan of one week. trying not to go all in and buy a jzx drift taxi

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well everything about that was horrible. And we found out where she was shot because they did a very poor job reconstructing her face.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Moving dis convo to the chat thread to avoid making GBS threads up amc eagle chat:

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Nailed it as hard as half of Dallas has nailed Cindy Scull.

The Edge has been in a downhill slide for years though - ever since they did away with locally produced shows. I was a big fan of Edgeclub and The Adventure Club, though Josh (of Adventure Club fame) doesn't even live in DFW anymore. DJ Merritt is still in the area, but he was just another DJ on the Edge after Edgeclub ended.

Scull is still on the air, but they have her on morning drivetime now. Not much talking, mostly music.

It looks like KEGL kept one or two KDGE DJs.

Its been like 10 years since I last saw her in person doing hosting for a concert, but I'd probably still tap that. And the edge was on a downhill slide before I moved to florida. Any time I tuned over, it was boring slow alternative bullshit and no really memorable DJs.

Though apparently KEGL they nixed Chris Ryan which is terrible and shows they don't ever learn. Dude's afternoon show was awesome growing up. :allears:

Bets on how long until the edge is back with a slightly modified format when they figure out every other radio demographic is completely oversaturated?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I picked up a Dual Extruder Heated Bed 3D Printer for $60. Feel kinda like I ripped the guy off at that price.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Windows 10 decided to replace my laptop's audio drivers with ones that don't work. I'm amazed at a) the fact it happened and b) the volume of people on the support forums who haven't had to janitor their own PC before and can't figure out how to fix it.

Rhyno posted:

Well everything about that was horrible. And we found out where she was shot because they did a very poor job reconstructing her face.

Dear lord dude, I'm so sorry that is totally messed up.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

I picked up a Dual Extruder Heated Bed 3D Printer for $60. Feel kinda like I ripped the guy off at that price.

Goddamn, what the hell is wrong with it at that price?

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Random question of the day: What keeps you motivated?

I have my own issues going on, but I realized a while ago I have no goals. I wake up each day wondering why I keep going when there's no point. Yet somehow at the 10% of normal I'm working at, I'm still more productive then my friends. It's just so crippling. I'm not trying to jump on the millennial "I need to do something meaningful bandwagon", but gently caress it sure feels better when I feel like I have a purpose. Right now, I'm just standing in a dimly lit field, wondering why am I here?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

the spyder posted:

I have my own issues going on, but I realized a while ago I have no goals. I wake up each day wondering why I keep going when there's no point. Yet somehow at the 10% of normal I'm working at, I'm still more productive then my friends. It's just so crippling. I'm not trying to jump on the millennial "I need to do something meaningful bandwagon", but gently caress it sure feels better when I feel like I have a purpose. Right now, I'm just standing in a dimly lit field, wondering why am I here?

After today?

I have no loving idea.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

the spyder posted:

Setting goals helps out a lot, I find...and they don't need to be huge, life-changing goals either. For example, I had two very inconsequential goals today; first, push that loving Automation game challenge I've been working on for the last year out the door, and second, go to the gym and lift my pre-holiday weight again.

Got both done, and it feels good, silly as that sounds. Tomorrow's goal is to knock down some very annoying and time-consuming administrative tasks at work that I've been putting off for a while now.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

Goddamn, what the hell is wrong with it at that price?

Nothing as far as I can tell, the filament drive gear is a little worn, but its easy to replace.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

SquirrelGrip posted:

just booked tickets to japan, going to spend two weeks at ebisu shredding tires and body panels. anyone been before?

Never been to Ebisu, I've spent most of my 10 years out here further north or further south but I've hardly ever been anywhere in the middle.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

the spyder posted:

Professional goals or personal goals? Or both?

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Both, I'm stuck in both places. I set little goals all the time just to get through the week. But there's nothing I'm working towards at the moment. I have a decent skill set and most likely won't be without good employment, and I can afford my lifestyle/hobbies. I just feel, empty. I know this is a first world problem, but it's just getting worse. I've just retreated back to being a quiet, hobbit again and It's getting me no where. I've been pondering the idea of buying a piece of property and building a cabin as a project/goal/timesink just to keep myself busy.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the spyder posted:

my main motivation is bring home paper so i can eat

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

the spyder posted:

Both, I'm stuck in both places. I set little goals all the time just to get through the week. But there's nothing I'm working towards at the moment. I have a decent skill set and most likely won't be without good employment, and I can afford my lifestyle/hobbies. I just feel, empty. I know this is a first world problem, but it's just getting worse. I've just retreated back to being a quiet, hobbit again and It's getting me no where. I've been pondering the idea of buying a piece of property and building a cabin as a project/goal/timesink just to keep myself busy.

Well you have a son, right? Find new ways to teach him what you know and show him all the awesome things things in the world :cool:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

funny Star Wars parody posted:

my main motivation is bring home paper so i can eat

You should try exchanging the paper for items at a grocery store. They are much more filling and nutritious than paper.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

cakesmith handyman posted:

Sounds like heat stroke dude.

I dunno, that's a pretty acute condition, and I still feel like death warmed over a good 2.5 days later, drinking plenty of water and staying cool. Plus I was never delirious or anything.

I've had some... digestive issues... crop up, so maybe it was just a bug hitting me at exactly the wrong time? Idk, all I know is I've had killer headaches, progressing to stiff/sore neck and jaw this morning. I'm already planning on skipping my redeye class tomorrow (well technically today now, but w/e).

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Tomarse posted:

I need to work on my social life too! We should sort something out as I have also got a box of electronics and arduino stuff to learn to use and I also like drinking and no longer know any other nerds locally.
I'll message you!

I also have too many project cars so if you ever want to play with one then let me know!

I have no problem with any of this but you must promise not to let me try buy a saab off you.

E: it could be a bug but I've had mild heatstroke that did that to me for a day if I've over exerted doing diy in the summer.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Just getting over a four day plague that has absolutely wrecked me. Hellaciously sore throat, coughing, throat and sinus plugged up with thick yellow mucus, fever, and just general shittyness. It's not bad enough to be flu (and I feel 1000% better today) but goddamn if this isn't the head cold from hell.

Called off work Thursday and Friday and spend those days and then pretty much the whole weekend in bed. Feels bad man.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

the spyder posted:

Half the time it's some form of being annoyed or upset at myself for not doing better at X. I think that's kind of how it is for most people though.

cakesmith handyman posted:

I have no problem with any of this but you must promise not to let me try buy a saab off you.
There was a manual 9-5 Aero that went for £485 on eBay yesterday. I had to really sit on my hands to avoid bidding on that.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

the spyder posted:

Inertia. I get out of bed and go to work because that's what's expected of me. Then I come home, turn on a video game, and rot in my chair until time to sleep 5-6 hours and get back up to do it again.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I am lucky in that I have a job that is fulfilling now after removing myself from the eternal misery that is IT. I moved over to product development for a small company and it is much better. Prior to that then it was very much inertia. Now since I am making good money I have decided that I need to save for a house before I am 35, planning on purchasing around this time next year right now and getting enough money saved now for retirement which understandably is a bit of a mental step when you are in your early 30's and thinking about making sure you have enough money in your 60's so you are not working as a greeter in Walmart.

I have taken some risks to get to this point, moved 4000 miles from home and changed the area that I work in but I am happier for it but there are points when it could have gone badly wrong and you just have to learn from those. Best example was about 6 months into living in the US I burnt my arm pretty badly while cooking and to my commie British mind I paid no heed to getting into an ambulance and taking me off to ER to have it looked at. Of course when the bills started coming in I had to wonder if I would have been better off just getting the bus to the hospital :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

What keeps me motivated?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJJA6WRpvlg

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
My motivation is the desire to experience another lovely day on this blessed earth. Every moment is precious and life is beautiful namaste 🙏

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Doing things you like either by yourself or with people you like is a good thing and people should do that more. If you're not doing things that make you happy you should ask yourself why.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

What keeps me going? My girlfriend and my friends, mostly.

Were it not for them, I would probably just stay in front of my PC, watching TV shows and Youtube.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Do we know any goons in San Antonio?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

My greatest joy comes from making myself miserable. With every day comes fresh opportunity to stoke my masochism.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
My motivation is science and my family and space

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
My Mazda 6 is now throwing U0121 codes which the internet tells me means that the ABS module is having some intermittent connectivity problems. The ABS seems to be working fine (and kicked in a few times care of the freezing rain we're having), but I...

I can't do it anymore. If I have to drive this car for another week I am going to go apeshit. There's absolutely no way that I can get the cruiser road-worthy and plated anytime soon (mostly because winter).

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/owen-sound/1993-ford-f150/1231856974?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Anyone want to buy my car for the $1100 I need to hop on the F150 train?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 218 days!)

Rhyno posted:

After today?

I have no loving idea.

Hit me up if you need to just unleash. Life is loving brutal to those still here.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Life is chaos and we should all be thankful that after trillions of possible outcomes you're exactly where you are right now.

Also handjobs and money.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
TT: https://slickdeals.net/f/9680596-jersey-mike-s-subs-50-off-an-online-order?v=1

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i fuckin love u

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

im going to gain 30lbs this month

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cage posted:

handjobs

Aim higher.