Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Fulchrum posted:

Not to knock Doctor King, but that third one is very clearly bullshit.

To ignore evil is to become an accomplice to it?

No, dude, I think if you can help stop a bad thing and choose to instead say the thing isn't bad, you're siding with that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Literally no one else is going to point out how repealing the ACA will affect Native Americans.

Alright, fair point, I guess I did come across a little All Lives Matter.

Somfin posted:

To ignore evil is to become an accomplice to it?

No, dude, I think if you can help stop a bad thing and choose to instead say the thing isn't bad, you're siding with that thing.

Third image, not third edit. America is the only country to ever try to kill it's natives.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fulchrum posted:

Third image, not third edit. America is the only country to ever try to kill it's natives.

Yeah that's trivially easy to disprove.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Memento posted:

Yeah that's trivially easy to disprove.

if you check the image, you'll find mlk said it, not fulchrum

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Is it terribly bad form to promote my terribly bad web comic here?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
so fulchrum is correct, that image is bullshit

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Extensive Vamping posted:

Is it terribly bad form to promote my terribly bad web comic here?

Nah man, as long as it's poltical in nature go for it. If it's not promote it over in the webcomics thread.

Be warned though: goons can and probably will be critical assholes about it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

mandatory lesbian posted:

so fulchrum is correct, that image is bullshit

I was agreeing with fulchrum, it's easy to disprove that America was the only nation with such a lovely history in regards to its native population.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Nah man, as long as it's poltical in nature go for it. If it's not promote it over in the webcomics thread.

Be warned though: goons can and probably will be critical assholes about it.

Oh, it's definitely Political, and I am fully prepared to become the thread's chew toy. All right, here goes nothing:

There are 4 strips so far.

Page is at https://www.facebook.com/LamestreamTedium. And thanks in advance for constructive criticism!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Uh.. hrm. We'll leave the stick figures aside for now. Out of the four the Patriot's calendar is by far the strongest, but I feel it would be better communicated if your rendering skills were a little better. Instead of a cutout of a weekly calendar I think it'd work better as a "word of the day" desk calendar with a few of the previous days still lying next to it. The middle two feel like total non-sequiters, and the last one could work with a better "I'm so dumb and goddamn crazy" face. In all; keep at it but take some art lessons.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Try ink on paper for a strip or two.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I saw this today. I guess it's a cartoon, sort of.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If Kirchsen can be a cartoonist I don't see the problem with stick figures.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Oh, it's definitely Political, and I am fully prepared to become the thread's chew toy. All right, here goes nothing:

There are 4 strips so far.

Page is at https://www.facebook.com/LamestreamTedium. And thanks in advance for constructive criticism!

Microsoft Word 95 is a terrible medium for creating cartoons.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

I guess deliberately low-effort isn't the way to go, I'll actually fire up photoshop and try a funny joke for the next one

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
If only.

(link to larger version for those who hate themselves enough to want to make out every word)

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

(link to larger version for those who hate themselves enough to want to make out every word)

God drat with them all laid down like that, the Republicans really did character assassinate Obama with half-truths, distorted facts and outright lies didn't they?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

This is the ultimate concentrated essence of someone linking a story on CNN and screaming "WHY ISN'T THE MEDIA COVERING THIS???" You don't even have to get into arguing that these things were covered already, or are misleading at best, because even in Ramirez's own imagined "take that" version of reality, the stories are already loving printed in the newspapers, which I'm pretty sure counts as news media.

Even given the power to depict the universe according to his whims Ramirez still subconsciously admits the stories actually were covered.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

I'm liking this run-up to the end of Prickly City, but I'll be very disappointed when Carmen wakes up and it turns out she was Calvin dreaming of being a conservative minority girl the whole time.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Nellie the Elephant packed her trunk
And said goodbye to the circus
Off she went with a trumpety-trump
Trump, trump, trump

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

I guess deliberately low-effort isn't the way to go, I'll actually fire up photoshop and try a funny joke for the next one

How the gently caress are we supposed to recognize deliberately low-effort and stupid among the Gorrells and the Ramirezes?

To do that you'd need to go double-meta subversive to the style of making The Modest Proposal as a restaurant menu in a fictional children's magazine.

EDIT: Or a slice-of-life comic with main characters being "liberals" (or normal people) in the mad universe the Republicans would have to inhabit to not just be callous liars and bigots.

endlessmonotony fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 17, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's.... beautiful

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I have to be honest, on my first scroll past that I thought it was just a penis.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Angepain posted:

I have to be honest, on my first scroll past that I thought it was just a penis.

I've now seen it thrice and I'm not convinced it isn't.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Angepain posted:

Isn't it?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

No, it's a penis and scrotum

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Wait, I thought it was Wormbama.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Isn't it?

It's kind of obfuscated without the ridiculous caterpillar eyebrows

(Fuckin' ace work Rorus)

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Does anyone have that animated gif of the JRose Santa cartoon from last year? They made the star look like it was nuking Santa and his elf.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

You could try to be "deliberately lovely" instead.

What I'm saying is you need to be Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff

e: fixed link

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 18, 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 17, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

McDem the Crime Donkey here. If the president tries to grab you by the pussy, tell an adult right away!

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

McDem the Crime Donkey here. If the president tries to grab you by the pussy, tell an adult right away!

But don't expect them to care, or for anything to happen, because-- all together kids-- nothing matters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

My god, it's full of stars DEBT

• Locked thread