Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Toyota is pretty much a like for like Ferrari replacement in WEC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

For some reason I thought Wehrlein had had a barnstorming career in the junior categories, but all he's really got was one good season in DTM?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I for one congratulate Pascal on his 2nd to last place finish in every race this year.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Toyota is pretty much a like for like Ferrari replacement in WEC.

Except that Toyota's last loss of Le Mans was actually heartbreaking

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

geonetix posted:

Except that Toyota's last loss of Le Mans was actually heartbreaking

alonso_stare.gif

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Fair rebuttal

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
My favorite was the old Japanese guys in the Toyota garage who, despite having just suffered the most terrible and gut wrenching failure of all their careers, looked exactly like any other old Japanese guy on any normal day. You had to guess what was going on inside their crushed and unrevivable souls.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Harrison Newey has dyed his hair brown and now looks like a member of a boy band formed at Eton. My 12 year old daughter wishes it to be known that he is much prettier than Kvyat and would probably do a better job because Kvyat crashes all the time. http://www.motorsport.com/driver/harrison-newey/photos/?r=169316

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is that a photo of Bernie and Toto on that desk?

nvm its Frank

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

learnincurve posted:

Harrison Newey has dyed his hair brown and now looks like a member of a boy band formed at Eton. My 12 year old daughter wishes it to be known that he is much prettier than Kvyat and would probably do a better job because Kvyat crashes all the time. http://www.motorsport.com/driver/harrison-newey/photos/?r=169316

Beefcake alert! The legend of the Newey heartthrob carries on to the next generation

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Weird how Bottas now looks evil

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Weird how Bottas now looks evil

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I would like to point out, as a subscriber to both the F1 thread and the wristwatches thread which are both the worst threads, that watch is awful and gaudy and way too goddamn big for his wrist. You got Mercedes dollars now Valtteri, buy yourself some class.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

As if he wasn't contractually obligated to wear that watch in that photo. C'mon.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh god. There are going to be joint interviews arn't there?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

learnincurve posted:

Oh god. There are going to be joint interviews arn't there?

I hope so, that sounds like it would be hilarious. :420:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

uggggghhhhhhhhhhh

when does bacon begin and cars start going round a track again?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I thought it was just hyperbole but he no poo poo does look way more sinister since he signed for Mercedes. Like I could totally envision him tying a woman to some railroad tracks Snidely Whiplash style now.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

simplefish posted:

uggggghhhhhhhhhhh

when does bacon begin and cars start going round a track again?

First cars are being revealed on February 24th. There have been some clashes and Mclaran are quite cross because they bagsied it first.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I would like to point out, as a subscriber to both the F1 thread and the wristwatches thread which are both the worst threads, that watch is awful and gaudy and way too goddamn big for his wrist. You got Mercedes dollars now Valtteri, buy yourself some class.

Shamefully, I follow both terrible threads as well. I'm not sure what model that is, but I am sure it's an IWC of some sort, due to it being so prominently featured in his signing picture with the new team. Looks like one of the larger pilot models, but it seems pretty thick and I can't tell if there are a bunch of complications or not. In any case, yeah, it's too big for him. In the later photo on the stairs it's definitely an IWC.

Technically a step up from Oris I guess, although they make some nice models too. Just not the F1 versions, which are almost exclusively awful.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I've gone through 400 pages of that loving thread and couldn't find one single watch I liked more than my budget model Seiko 5. Every single watch now has to be like wearing a dinner plate on your wrist and have a million different functions, I seriously don't get it.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Bottas looks exactly the same, you lunatics

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Then the Williams aura of forgetabillity was hiding his true form.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

1500quidporsche posted:

I've gone through 400 pages of that loving thread and couldn't find one single watch I liked more than my budget model Seiko 5. Every single watch now has to be like wearing a dinner plate on your wrist and have a million different functions, I seriously don't get it.

I have an Oris Artelier Date and I love it. Simple,. clean, and reasonably sized. I do have some other garish watches (TAGs and IWCs that were gifts, mostly), but that Oris and my Breitling Transocean Day & Date are the only watches I wear.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Tsaedje posted:

Bottas looks exactly the same, you lunatics

Uhh excuse me . That shirt is totally new.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
The president and first lady putting on a brave face in their last few days in the white house

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Watch Thread and F1 Thread: Alpha and Omega

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Is that Naomi Harris standing with Lewis 'oh, this watch?' Hamilton?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He looks like a pineapple.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

godamnit Lewis shave that loving 'hair'

it reminds me of this :can: if the can were his head

e: like someone just popped the top of his head off there and that's what sprung out

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bottas is targeting the title in his first year. A little overambitious if you ask me.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Bottas is targeting the title in his first year. A little overambitious if you ask me.

He really should focus on getting familiar with his team and beating Lewis here and there and then build on that. It's going to be a Grosjean 2012 level disaster if he has it in his head that he should be beating Lewis right away.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

He has like 60 days tops to totally get to know the car, team and everything else around him. He's going to falter :(, and if he doesn't, he's back in my favourites list.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Human Grand Prix posted:

He looks like a pineapple.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis "oh I don't read books" Hamilton ladies and gentlemen.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

geonetix posted:

He has like 60 days tops to totally get to know the car, team and everything else around him. He's going to falter :(, and if he doesn't, he's back in my favourites list.

Which is approximately 59 days more than Lewis will put in at the factory.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Which is approximately 59 days more than Lewis will put in at the factory.

has ever*

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I guess here's to hoping Lewis gets Manor's leftover mechanics this year around, and Bottas gets the A-team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm sure Toto will get the engine guys to "help" like with Rosberg

Our Lewis takes a decisive lead in the WWE championship

(world watch endorsement)

poty fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 17, 2017

• Locked thread