Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

rip parrot tho

loving for real. I appreciate it.

I miss her every time I play. This was her spot.

P.S. Those of you who I played a poo poo ton of Destiny with that constantly change their gamer tags - you might need to remind me who you are.

Edit - Does someone want to remind me how to embed images? This apparently doesn't work.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Captain Log posted:

loving for real. I appreciate it.

I miss her every time I play. This was her spot.

http://imgur.com/a/A38sv

P.S. Those of you who I played a poo poo ton of Destiny with that constantly change their gamer tags - you might need to remind me who you are.

Edit - Does someone want to remind me how to embed images? This apparently doesn't work.
Right click on the image on that page > copy image address > wrap that in [img] tags.

First time looking at this thread in months and the bizarre grenade-ear meltdown + subsequent Uhhhh Dance My Puppets?? was loving hilarious, A++ would read again

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016

sinking belle posted:

First time looking at this thread in months and the bizarre grenade-ear meltdown + subsequent Uhhhh Dance My Puppets?? was loving hilarious, A++ would read again

you have to wake up pretty early in the morning to fool me cvnvcnv, faking a meltdown to bring people back into Destiny à la succès de scandale, masterstroke :golfclap:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Um, it's pronounced brigade-eer, because its more brigadey then, a thing thats less brigadey then it.

Hahahaha seriously gently caress dude I can't

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

sinking belle posted:

Right click on the image on that page > copy image address > wrap that in [img] tags.

Thanks sir. Copy and pasted to my notes.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Thanks sir. Copy and pasted to my notes.

Glad your not dead destiny/ mma bro.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
For passing gear on down to any alts I create, am I right in thinking that because it's relatively easy to get to level 40, I should only really start storing gear at the upper 300 levels?

I.e. say I get up to 391 with my first character, rather than just dismantling any lower level gear that drops at like 385 or whatever, I should bank it?

Or when you get to 400, do you pretty much just keep getting 400 gear from strikes and whatnot that you can just pass on directly anyway?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Kin posted:

For passing gear on down to any alts I create, am I right in thinking that because it's relatively easy to get to level 40, I should only really start storing gear at the upper 300 levels?

I.e. say I get up to 391 with my first character, rather than just dismantling any lower level gear that drops at like 385 or whatever, I should bank it?

Or when you get to 400, do you pretty much just keep getting 400 gear from strikes and whatnot that you can just pass on directly anyway?

I'd like input on this. I'm at around 350 and need to know if the gear I'm wearing has an effect on the drops. Because if so I'm never doing a Gunsmith quest again.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kin posted:

Once you get to 400, all strike exclusive gear/exotics/crucible drops etc will be 400.

Captain Log posted:

I'd like input on this. I'm at around 350 and need to know if the gear I'm wearing has an effect on the drops. Because if so I'm never doing a Gunsmith quest again.

Yes, your light level effects the light level of the gear you pick up. In SIVA heroic strikes, blues can go up to 385.

Just FYI, Iron Banner starts today. Even if you don't like PvP, the game basically shits high level gear at you which makes for easy power leveling.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jan 17, 2017

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

Once you get to 400, all strike exclusive gear/exotics/crucible drops etc will be 400.

Yes, your light level effects the light level of the gear you pick up. In SIVA heroic strikes, blues can go up to 385.

Just FYI, Iron Banner starts today. Even if you don't like PvP, the game basically shits high level gear at you which makes for easy power leveling.

Thanks man. How much light is worth spending mats for infusing? 351 to 353 worth it or should I wait?

Also before my break I had only missed two Iron Banners. We gonna ball.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ready to whore out my retard tier matchmaking for Iron Boner (pronounced bah-Neer) today.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Log posted:

Thanks man. How much light is worth spending mats for infusing? 351 to 353 worth it or should I wait?

Also before my break I had only missed two Iron Banners. We gonna ball.

If you're only trying to level up one character, I would just infuse whenever it results in a bigger number. Once you get one character to 400 getting the other two up to that becomes a joke.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Log posted:

Hey goons, (repost from BF1 thread)

Resident bad gamer here. (Xbone Tag - OldCaptainLog)You might now me as the guy with an irritating parrot or the irritating guy with a parrot if you played XBONE destiny or BF3 for 360. Well, the parrots died and I'm still here bored. Let's play!

Also, if I haven't played with you a bunch please send a message with a friend request. The lack of being able to make groups (to my knowledge) means I loose track of some of my best buds at times. Also my memory is a little hosed.

P. S. I think I received multiple slack invites but my spam filter caught them. Could someone give me a heads up if they send one over?

https://youtu.be/Oj8RIEQH7zA

Sorry about your bird. :smith: Glad you're okay though. :unsmith:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
It's Captain Log! :unsmith:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Also I got a message that there's a hotfix patch incoming?
the web page
No info but :eyepop:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Actual notes!

quote:

2.5.0.1 The one after the Dawning

Activities
Fixed an issue where the items required to complete Plaguelands Patrols were not dropping

Economy
Fixed an issue that prevented some players from purchasing SRL Momentum gear from the Holiday Collection
Fixed an issue with the Snow Dreg and Felwinter Souvenir consumables not recovering to Postmaster
Fixed an issue where not all of Xûr's Curios were being sold, including Three of Coins

Crucible
Added invisible physics and kill volumes to stop players from getting out of the intended playable space on:
Blind Watch
The Burning Shrine
Cathedral of Dusk
The Cauldron
The Drifter
The Dungeons
Exodus Blue
Floating Gardens
Frontier
Memento
Skyline
Timekeeper
Vertigo

Sandbox
Fixed an issue with the recoil stat on Abbadon and Nova Mortis

Didn't Thunderlord also have some kind of stability problem in the past? Lmao at that great copy and paste job

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Meat Dimension posted:

Didn't Thunderlord also have some kind of stability problem in the past? Lmao at that great copy and paste job

Thunderlord has bad stability if you don't take perfect balance but it was never clearly bugged like the others.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The Meat Dimension posted:

I think the theory is that all three were in TTK and Thunder being the only one released, it got fixed but they neglected touching the other two.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Thunderlord stability doesn't mater because if you vaguely point it at mans it gets headshots

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

cvnvcnv posted:

I think the theory is that all three were in TTK and Thunder being the only one released, it got fixed but they neglected touching the other two.

Thunderlord has been around since day 1

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

haveblue posted:

Thunderlord has bad stability if you don't take perfect balance but it was never clearly bugged like the others.

Thanks, I never really tooled around with Thunderlord since the field scout nerf ages ago. Nor the new exotics.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Thunderlord has been around since day 1

Oh, I saw that on Reddit tho their prior existence does go a long way to explaining how copies of the gun aren't identical.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Thunderlord is p much the original Destiny gun

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

TaurusOxford posted:

Cool, i don't really mind the PVP. how does the Iron Banner thing work anyway? Will i basically get my poo poo pushed in if im only light level 320?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kin posted:

Cool, i don't really mind the PVP. how does the Iron Banner thing work anyway? Will i basically get my poo poo pushed in if im only light level 320?

Yes, but what happens inside the matches doesn't really matter so long as you complete the bounties. You get a shitton of drops which is the real reason to play.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kin posted:

Yes but you likely have a special power: crispy matchmaking. Find a good krew that's skilled and party up and play slow as hell.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

haveblue posted:

Yes, but what happens inside the matches doesn't really matter so long as you complete the bounties. You get a shitton of drops which is the real reason to play.

Are these special bounties you pick up from somewhere? Or the usual bounty vendor?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kin posted:

Are these special bounties you pick up from somewhere? Or the usual bounty vendor?

Special vendor. If you've never played before you get a quest to lead you through it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Thunderlord is p much the original Destiny gun

Then superior in every way things like BTRD came on the scene. Or for Y3, the if materia.

I really only used thunderlord for arc burns, and now that we have zhalo I won't even use it for that.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

haveblue posted:

Special vendor. If you've never played before you get a quest to lead you through it.

And where is this special vendor?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kin posted:

Back of Felwinter Peak, but you should get a nav point for it automatically.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kin posted:

Iron Tower head down across the bridge. There are 4 bounties per character and 2 give guns 2 give armor. Guaranteed to not be the stuff for sale.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Ah, I think i've yet to unlock that. I've only done the first rise of iron story mission.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
You'll wanna blow through those, even past the one that unlocks the Iron Temple social space. Finishing the campaign unlocks the raid and the plaguelands patrol area, which is where Archon's forge, one of the approximately three ways to get max level artifacts and the only one that's convenient.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is IB control or clash? On Bungie's site it says Iron Banner Control under activities but earlier they were saying it was clash.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I found the bounty vendor, are these daily bounties or weekly ones? The gf is round tonight so I can't really play.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

E: At the Tower? Daily. If you're referring to Iron Banner, just the four for the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Kin posted:

I found the bounty vendor, are these daily bounties or weekly ones? The gf is round tonight so I can't really play.

Sever

• Locked thread