Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
We live in a society that perpetuates a myth that the missing African American dad is a problem afflicting our youths when really African American fathers who live outside the household are more involved in their children's lives than whites daddies. By not challenging stereotypical thinking and perpetuating the myth even further, George Karl is being racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Strawberry Panda posted:

We live in a society that perpetuates a myth that the missing African American dad is a problem afflicting our youths when really African American fathers who live outside the household are more involved in their children's lives than whites daddies.

What in the hell does this even mean, like I know what you're going for but jesus

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How bout those basketball games

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

LeBron flopped so hard he hurt himself. Taking it to a whole new level.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

RCarr posted:

LeBron flopped so hard he hurt himself. Taking it to a whole new level.

Next time I'd really just like to see Lebron just run him down completely, turn a flagrant 1 for his team into a flagrant 2 against

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I'm still praying for Lebron's recovery. I'm rooting for my team, but it's not worth a man's life!

So the Hawks are 9-1 over their last ten games? The Schröder rollercoaster.

Edit:

Also, Dunleavy Jr. got visibly upset when Delaney didn't pass the ball in one instance. That was cool. I hope he retires.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jan 17, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It's okay because he is a football player

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jack's Flow posted:

I'm still praying for Lebron's recovery. I'm rooting for my team, but it's not worth a man's life!

So the Hawks are 9-1 over their last ten games? The Schröder rollercoaster.

Edit:

Also, Dunleavy Jr. got visibly upset when Delaney didn't pass the ball in one instance. That was cool. I hope he retires.

The hawks beat reporter on a podcast seems to think the run coincided with Millsap and Dwight figuring out how to play together on D.

Who know, I don't watch the hawks.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

The hawks beat reporter on a podcast seems to think the run coincided with Millsap and Dwight figuring out how to play together on D.

Who know, I don't watch the hawks.

I've watched a few hawks games. Dwight is looking better, but the Schroder roller coaster is definitely a factor. I tihnk Millsap has been pretty solid all season and doing what he's been doing for the last 6 years.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Artic Puma posted:

I am happy to adopt the Wizards as my eastern conference team based on geography.

Don't do this to yourself.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

here's the second episode of ball, the podcast about ball.

https://soundcloud.com/ballpodcast/ball-ep-2

we talked about the MLK day games and then gave our takes on a handful of rookies.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

straight up brolic posted:

we talked about the MLK day games and then gave our takes on a handful of rookies.

You guys are pretty good once you get rolling.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/swish41/status/821374572113039360

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

check out buddy when buddy get up.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

He's so dreamy

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Cool Buff Man posted:

What in the hell does this even mean, like I know what you're going for but jesus

I agree with Dexo! Sorry I thought that made more sense at 2:30 a.m. but nope.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Nice of SI to write a little something for Gar Foreman and John Paxson to read together while holding back tears.

http://www.si.com/nba/2017/01/17/harrison-barnes-ames-iowa-mavericks-fred-hoiberg-doug-mcdermott

quote:

One of the nation’s top prospects, after all, doesn’t belong in the eighth-largest town in Iowa. The state itself had produced but a modest handful of NBA players with any staying power. Yet Barnes was the subject of a cosmic coincidence—not only in that he would buck incredible odds to make it all the way from Ames to the NBA lottery, but that he turned out to be one of two players to do so in the same high school class. As Barnes threatened to tear down the rim, a scrawny, 5'9" kid named Doug McDermott tried to find his place below it. Each proved to be an anomaly. Together, they represented an astonishing twist of chance and fate.

quote:

Little has changed in Ames, even as everything changed for Barnes. A young Harrison attended basketball camps run by Fred Hoiberg, himself an Ames legend and accidental local politician. “That was the big thing, man,” Barnes said. “Those were the cream of the crop for Iowa kids who would never get a chance to get close to the NBA.” Now Barnes runs his own camp – playing in games, answering questions, and making himself accessible to eager kids who live their NBA dreams vicariously. “That makes their year,” Downs said. Perhaps Barnes has unknowingly crossed paths with the next Iowan anomaly.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I have the night off so it would be really great if I could watch the Raptors play a professional basketball team on my time off.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/zaza27/status/821386027017220101

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Lebron may be the GOAT of trolling.

https://streamable.com/g7tdt

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
It's time for another Buddy Hield update. Chucking Index: Improved. Finishing Index: bottomed out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Z-fXelEFE

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Buddy doesn't have much horsepower under the hood.

He's an older model, better suited to cruising the country backroads on Sunday afternoon than showboating on the desert highways outside of Dubai.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Silver should just take Butler, Dame, Boogie and AD and put them on a barnstorming team.

None of those teams are ever going to do anything, might as well help them tank and give us what we want to see.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Silver should just take Butler, Dame, Boogie and AD and put them on a barnstorming team.

None of those teams are ever going to do anything, might as well help them tank and give us what we want to see.

I love this idea.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I have the night off so it would be really great if I could watch the Raptors play a professional basketball team on my time off.

I sort of like the games where my greatest worry is whether I'll get to see Bruno. Although I despise the fact that every time they crush the Nets it means Boston is closer to getting a top pick.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
If any owner complained Silver could just say its "for Basketball reasons"

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

How many wins would they get in a season if they were all healthy, but everyone else on the team had to be a current d-league contract player?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Lockback posted:

Lebron may be the GOAT of trolling.

https://streamable.com/g7tdt

Gary Payton son.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXhOI2T9kRk

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Payton and Webber ruled together.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Beautiful.

quote:

Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek wanted to shake things up with his starting lineup, so he benched his $48 million man Courtney Lee in favor of rookie Ron Baker.

New York went on to lose to Atlanta, 108-107, with Lee sitting the second half. He later posted and deleted two pictures from the movie Dumb & Dumber on his Instagram account, which, if you take him at his word, only had to do with his mood and not a shot at the lineups.

No one is sure why Hornacek benched Lee, but it didn’t work. Neither is this Knicks team. New York has lost 14 of its last 18 games and is six games below .500 at the midseason mark.

Yep, he's the problem. Courtney Lee. The dude leading your team in 3-point %. Better bench him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DeimosRising posted:

How many wins would they get in a season if they were all healthy, but everyone else on the team had to be a current d-league contract player?

Assuming no Ego. A ton.

Because these dudes are all on teams with lovely players anyway. Just look for the most scrappiest of Guard and wing defenders along with some 3 pt shooters with no other skills. and roll the dice.

A competent coach could dole out minutes so you have two of them on the floor at all time

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

My dream job is to be the third guy on a NBA panel

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Paul Zuvella posted:

check out buddy when buddy get up.

he ain't even get up that far

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

he ain't even get up that far

I can always count on you, Nick.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Strawberry Panda posted:

I agree with Dexo! Sorry I thought that made more sense at 2:30 a.m. but nope.

It's ok mate we all get the late night posting loops sometimes

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jack's Flow posted:

Beautiful.

Yep, he's the problem. Courtney Lee. The dude leading your team in 3-point %. Better bench him.

They can trade him to the Pacers. We have this gently used Rodney Stuckey...

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Cash Monet posted:

Don't do this to yourself.
wow the wiz are currently fifth in the east (equilvalent to eighth in the west) with an excellent home record and an atrocious road record

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

straight up brolic posted:

Any chance you guys are available on Podcast Addict or will be?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Any chance you guys are available on Podcast Addict or will be?
I don't know what that is, but I'll look into it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

on podcast addict you should be able to add a soundcloud podcast via the xml to your list of subscriptions.

• Locked thread