Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Oh wow idle temp, I'm impressed! /sarcasm

EDIT: I'd have to ask, how loving cold is his room if that's idling at 11C? Even on idle, you'll have some heat and the cooling system is only as good as the room air temp. Unless he's feeding an aircon right into that thing.

Or like SC, it's all bullshit (If had a 11c idle temp, I'd screenshot that poo poo before bragging).

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jan 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Lime Tonics posted:

Anybody knows what is exactly the purpose of the Foundry 42 Derby Office, I never heard about it ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5odelb/foundry_42_derby_office/
Well, the horse has to work somewhere.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

he can only give idle temp measurements because he doesn't have a game to play.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't want anyone to hurt themselves over this stupid scam, but vulnerable people are usually the easiest to con.

Also I broke my toe this evening while trying to get my dogs inside. First time I ever broke a bone. It hurts like an unholy motherfucker but hopefully I can buddy splint it and avoid a trip to the ER.

Photo of guilty dogge or it did not happen.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

He either means "11 degrees above ambient" or he's stuck the computer in his freezer :shrug:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

He either means "11 degrees above ambient" or he's stuck the computer in his freezer :shrug:
He's going to find out what a real pain in the arse condensation can be.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Idle as in computer powered off

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Moma please answer my question. What precisely did Crobber do as a consultant on Freelancer.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Lemme tell you nerds how I bought a 125W CPU furnace, then clock it down at 1.25GHz and use another 200W to cool it down :smuggo:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
But I'm pretty sure he means 11 degrees above room temperature, there's just no way that cooler gets the chip cooler than ambient

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently "awkwardly bent" is one of the things you check if you should seek medical attention.

But really who can say what is 'awkward,' anyway. I mean, don't label something negative just because it doesn't fit in the tidy little Puritanical mold your parents' generation imposed on feet. Feet would be so gay if all toes were straight.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

alphabettitouretti posted:

Moma please answer my question. What precisely did Crobber do as a consultant on Freelancer.

Same thing as on Star Citizen only nobody had to film him or listen to him

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Same thing as on Star Citizen only nobody had to film him or listen to him

That was his job before he was fired.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lemme tell you nerds how I bought a 125W CPU furnace, then clock it down at 1.25GHz and use another 200W to cool it down :smuggo:

At least it's not that hosed up 220W CPU

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't want anyone to hurt themselves over this stupid scam, but vulnerable people are usually the easiest to con.

Also I broke my toe this evening while trying to get my dogs inside. First time I ever broke a bone. It hurts like an unholy motherfucker but hopefully I can buddy splint it and avoid a trip to the ER.

Get it checked out, if bones heal weirdly it hurts like hell years later and you don't want to be in permanent pain hobbling about when the cult comes to get you.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Fain80 posted:

I have finally decided that I am done with this game. As of now, four years in, this community still gets by on wishes, rainbows, and fairy dust. This "game" only exists in our minds as we envision swooping over a planet in our massive idrisses and picture epic corridor to corridor gunfights, capital ships blasting away at each other with swarms of fighters buzzing in between and engineers making emergency repairs.

All of that is our imagination at work. Look at what we actually have. A bunch of small tech demos that still break frequently and haven't been significantly advanced in over a year. We have a substandard FPS module that, while a great first attempt, is not indicative of mechanics that should be pretty much wrapped up at this point for the single player game. Some of the wins that have been celebrated are tiny. Glass that breaks? Flashy glowing pickup icons in arena commander? Wow, color me impressed!

The ship sales have led to bait and switch after bait and switch as ships are nerfed or redesigned before they ever come out. We have marketing tactics that would make EA' blush with embarrassment and we've had some of the worst live streams I have ever seen over the past few months. We have what is basically hundreds and thousands of dollars worth of DLC ships that are going to jack up game balance to all hell when this thing finally comes out.

At this point, who knows if SQ42 even exists? Why is it so difficult to show us the game? 4 years into development the project shouldn't even remotely feel like it may be a sham but this game continues to have an off putting stink to it. When delays happen for the PU it's because they were working on SQ42, when they happen for SQ42 it's because of the PU.

I hope that this game winds up being great but I think it's a pipe dream. For everyone here who pumped at least a thousand dollars into this dream I hope it comes out and you feel like you've gotten your money's worth but I'm done with this sham.

welcome to the island. have a coconut pull; up a chair and lets watch the Olympic go down! fireworks should be good.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Has anyone said "Star Citizen: Tickle-down Economics" yet?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Preechr posted:

Has everyone said "Star Citizen: Tickle-down Economics" yet?

yea

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I may get it x-rayed tomorrow. Apparently "awkwardly bent" is one of the things you check if you should seek medical attention.

I googled it for you, and apparently you can set it yourself and splint it after you regain consciousness

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I may get it x-rayed tomorrow. Apparently "awkwardly bent" is one of the things you check if you should seek medical attention.

Yea, better safe than sorry. I asked the doc and it would heal on its own, but there's a high likelihood of causing problem's in the future.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

bite down on a bit and amputate or actually go get it looked after. either way makes sure it is fixed.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT
Marine should not be frozen
No repeated flickering
HUD should not pop up.
First not getting disconnected Second just control the ship as it is supposed to be Third beeing able to request a ship
In normal conditions I go outside the ship by the ship doors and go inside again from E.V.A. by the ship doors.
Expect seamless LOD on distant objects like Crusader when looking through a Port Olisar window, helmet visor or cockpit glass .
No killed by UI in a new match
The local physics grid should not be affected by derelict vessels of the same type in the PU.
Missile lock should work when I hit the button to lock and the missiles should fire as long as there are missiles left.
Only contacts that are online should show as "online".
These doors should not let a player through if they are locked.
To stay outside the enemy spawn area.
When a game is won the actual result should register as a win, not a defeat.
I am not sure about expected result. Either a person should not fall between the barrels or if they do, they should be able to get out.
I would expect to be able to move around almost seamlessly and that when the "use" notification comes up on the terminal pressing "F" would initiate the action so I can call my ship.
I expected to see the face not continue to move after death, which includes not blinking, mouth movement, etc.
The game should launch as well when I use Nvidia card.
Airlock cycles to allow enterance.
Full view of screen.
Take control of control point.
Drone repair should finish
Ability to continue moving after entrance animation plays.
Collision should have prevented clipping through door.
I would expect to fly away and not die each time. I've used F4 to check my surroundings. and I don't die as a result of movement or flying into anything. It just repeats.
Door should either stop before clipping into the hull or open in other direction
The glass should have stopped the player from advancing or at least have had some destructible effects before allowing you to pass through the glass.
Holes should appear both on the interior as well as the exterior.
When a player enters a turret position on the Retaliator, they should remain inside the turret until manually exiting. They should not clip through the ship.
game works
Decent FPS performance, I am running a Intel I7 4790, with 32 GB RAM, and a GTX1070 GPU...... I know that it is not an issue with my PC, Have you guys increased performance on the servers?? Is there any plan on improving this??? It is very much a degradation to the games experience and should be one of your first and foremost problems to work on...... PS: My average FPS is 20 (Which is simply horrible!!)
When I launch a missile in my gladiator my ship should not blow up.
ship should get some type of damage upon flying through a ship 3 times bigger, being hit by multiple missiles, and 4 players attacking the one ship but no damage in over 3 minutes.
resolve the bug on mustang
The missiles on the MSD-221 missile rack should fire when I have size 1 missiles attached to it.
Able to pilot ship.
When exiting and restarting the game, the game loads the correct ship configuration, that corresponds to the one that was selected.
Weapon fire sounds should not play at all in the main menu.
Some more explosion textures should be showed.
Wheel profile for front and back wheels are normally the same.
My character climbs into the entrance area of the 315P and does not CLIP through the entire ship, giving me an option to move around inside the ship, etc.
This is very anoying for a fluidly game expirience its strongly recommended that you can reload your weapon, when running.
Bounce off wall due to collision mechanics.
The ship should have remained idle in the Hangar with absolutley no movement on its own.
Can enter ship...Game does not crash.
You should be able to enter and stay in the ship
the game i just paid for to work pls
not clip through the map
Being inline with the actual ladder it seems like an error and it goes too far in
You most likely should not be able to get into the construction site but certainly not be able to get into the 'middle' of GHEX

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mangoose posted:

I googled it for you, and apparently you can set it yourself and splint it after you regain consciousness

worked when broke my fingat

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

*Photoshop joke where this is an action figure blister pack with accessories*

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Star Citizen: there's a parp man waiting in the sky

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/feature/battlecruiser-3000-screaming-into-the-void,447809

Yeah it was ok. Funny that it's written from the same "hey, been there, done that - it's hosed" perspective as my first July 2015 blog. We're going to start seeing more of these I think.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/feature/battlecruiser-3000-screaming-into-the-void,447809

Yeah it was ok. Funny that it's written from the same "hey, been there, done that - it's hosed" perspective as my first July 2015 blog. We're going to start seeing more of these I think.

quote:

The fate and future of Derek Smart and his sci-fi universe have not become any clearer since then. He’s currently working on an epically-ambitious MMO called Line of Defense (sic). There are many videos of Line of Defense (sic) on YouTube and few of them are especially kind.

Isn't that just 'murican spelling?

Also the article seems to be at least a year old, judging by the claim that Cloprob's stolen $100 million

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Isn't that just 'murican spelling?

Yes.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Gonna frame this and hang it on my wall, thanks.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

with special guests Chris Roberts, Erin Roberts, Tony Zurovec and Todd Papy

It bothers me that they use this term. Special guests should be reserved for people who don't work at the place like say, Mark Hammil, or Sandi Roberts.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Derek Derek Derek
Can't you see?
Sometimes your blogs just hypnotize me
And I just love your clever tweets
I guess that's why I broke
Down and got a refund

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ahahahaah look at this soft pretzel of a man, going to the ER for a broken digit. Man up, son.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

D_Smart posted:

I liked how they put (sic) behind Defense. Because obviously it is just spelled incorrectly.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Amarcarts posted:

Derek Derek Derek
Can't you see?
Sometimes your blogs just hypnotize me
And I just love your clever tweets
I guess that's why I broke
Down and got a refund

:perfect:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Last bit of the article. If you remove a couple nouns:

quote:

Some might call his game objectively bad. Some might say that [????] never did the things [????] claimed it would, and what you CAN do in it, isn’t fun to do anyway. But that’s a limited perspective. [????] remains one of PC gaming’s most enduring cultural phenomena, and our hobby and passion would be poorer without it.

Wait, which game is he talking about again?

e: jesus christ that works for the whole loving article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Probably get it checked out if you can. I "awkwardly bent" my finger right before Christmas and the knuckle is still stiff and like twice the size of any other knuckle on my hand and it still hurts all the time. I should have gotten it checked out when it happened, but I didn't think it was a big deal and now I get to go explain that to a doctor and try to sound not like an idiot while doing it.

e:

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 17, 2017