Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Alternatively, preorder the LEs.

that is a good picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Takoluka posted:

Alternatively, preorder the LEs.

that is a good picture

Sigh, I have the original HDN PS3 LE. All it comes with is a little artbook, and the game itself is basically unplayable.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least you'll have it to show the grandkids

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Preemptive 'how's Shallie Plus?'

e: Actually if someone could complete it in the space of a day and let me know the story changes and whether they're satisfying that would also be cool tia

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Been neck deep into Dragon Quest Builders lately. Man that game is good. Highly recommended and it works great on Vita!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Stelas posted:

Preemptive 'how's Shallie Plus?'

e: Actually if someone could complete it in the space of a day and let me know the story changes and whether they're satisfying that would also be cool tia

still waiting on my preorder copy

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
I envy you guys that got Shallie. Missed it myself.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There's free costume and BGM DLC for a month after launch, so pick those up if you plan to play it at some point.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RadicalR posted:

I envy you guys that got Shallie. Missed it myself.

Always buy Atelier LEs at announcement. Use whatever credit you have. There's a hold charge for a day or two but the funds aren't taken until near launch.

Oh yeah, Tokyo Xanadu PS4 enhanced version just got announced for launch in fall, so this truly is the last Vita exclusive.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Tokyo Xanadu is coming in the Summer to Vita but it isn't the EX version, which is PS4 exclusive and coming in the Fall.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WHy wouldn't the EX version come to Vita too...

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

They'd have to backport all the additions and I doubt aksys can and falcom doesn't care

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah so there never was an EX version on Vita at all, they just put bonus stuff into the console version? Thats fine then, Im happy that theres at least one game in 2017 that Ill play on my Vita.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

That's a long way away but I'm glad it's happening

Snyderman
Feb 23, 2005
There's also Ys Origin in February.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snyderman posted:

There's also Ys Origin in February.

Ive already beaten Origins like 4 times but since I already have Ys Celceta, VI, Seven and VIII on Vita I may just collect them all and turn it into a dedicated falcom machine.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dehry posted:

Always buy Atelier LEs at announcement. Use whatever credit you have. There's a hold charge for a day or two but the funds aren't taken until near launch.

Oh yeah, Tokyo Xanadu PS4 enhanced version just got announced for launch in fall, so this truly is the last Vita exclusive.

Looking at the page it's like 0-5% leftover for the LE Shallie Plus. I'm conflicted since I didn't like Sophie that much compared to E&L.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/821330213514530816

If you want Shallie+ Physical, Heavy Arm somehow had a SNAFU that ended up with NA region coded copies of the game. Only Europe is supposed to have a standalone physical version.

Shallie also continues the Dusk story with real Escha and Logy appearing. Sophie is a different story altogether.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 17, 2017

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Tokyo Xanadu is coming in the Summer to Vita but it isn't the EX version, which is PS4 exclusive and coming in the Fall.

Tokyo Xanadu EX is coming to PC too. It's just the Vita which will only have the original non-EX version.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I took a quick look through the Atelier Shallie Plus LE during my lunch break.

The CD does not have any duplicate tracks from the PS3 soundtrack.
The art book is just the PS3 art book except now a stapled pamphlet instead of hard cover.
The screen cleaner has a nice design.
The game live screen indicates it supports data from the Arland games and Sophie. Haven't seen anything yet.

The DLC is available free for the next month and all but the BGM seems to be unlock codes. 1.5GB to be able to hear Meruru's song for the final boss.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoAU/status/820880776585584640

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Wait, WHAT?!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Neat

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I won't believe it until I see the game on the PSN though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
PS Vita hackers uncovered a full English translation in the Asia version of the game (apparently the process is Japanese ->English->Other Languages) so it's not like they had to do much work for it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Man, Bandai Namco cannot keep their story straight but gently caress it if it means it's actually coming out here sure why not

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im playin extella

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Early Shallie trip report:

So far the introduction is intact, textglitchesand all. I noticed slowdown almost immediately and it seems like textures might have been downgraded. They haven't given Logy or Ayesha a Marie treatment yet.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Super No Vacancy posted:

im playin extella
on a scale of Cao Cao to Lu Bu how good is it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think im married to nero saber

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Deleted tweet, what did they accidentally announce?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Digimon New World on the 27th this month.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Stelas posted:

Digimon New World on the 27th this month.

Yeah about that...

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoAU/status/821525799798874112

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

:laffo:

I wonder what the hell insane licensing they did that keeps fooling even their own employees into thinking we're gonna get a game that's already completed

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CrashCat posted:

on a scale of Cao Cao to Lu Bu how good is it

It's very good but the Vita version doesn't have the density of enemies that the PS4 version does

I have it on PS4 though and god is it fun and super loving fast

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Pretty sure this happened with some other game not long so I'm not too surprised.
Who was it that worked at Bandai and posted here regarding how stupid they were?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's the same game. The release is in another week.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

extella def has vita graphics which arent superb on the ps4. on the plus side saber nero is immediately horned up for your soul bond. so far i'm killing a shitload of grey mooks and claiming sectors. theres no real paths between the sectors you just kinda teleport. the upgrade and side mission systems seem interesting enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Did they just get rid of the "Weekly Deals" section of the Vita Store?