Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

I definitely could see Tiffany Rivers in a Mercedes SUV changing lanes without using a blinker on her way to La Fondue and then a Saratoga town hall meeting to limit all buildings within their district to be no taller than 8 feet and that nobody can build anything that can be seen by anyone else's property.

Then she calls her housemaid Lupita and complains about how she had to go visit her friends on Communications Hill but she had to go through Curtner and Monterey Highway and it was just disgusting

~*~ south bay jokes ~*~

:lol:

Gunner Rivers is going to be suspended from Harker Academy because his name is triggering the student body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

I hope Rivers goes somewhere that gets the dude a superbowl ring.

Just stay out of the NFCN.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Houston would do that :colbert:

Jesus, this team with Rivers would be unreal

Trade for Rivers, convert his 2017 salary to bonus, retain Bouye, Griffin and Simon, Superbowl bound

e: lol Jayson Braddock is saying trade Watt for Jimmy G and a first

The gently caress you say

Intruder fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jan 17, 2017

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Intruder posted:

Trade for Rivers, convert his 2017 salary to bonus, retain Bouye, Griffin and Simon, Superbowl bound

Pretty sure it was "Trade What?!?!?!? For Jimmy G and a first? hahahahahahhahah"

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Intruder posted:

My dream for the AFC would be for Tony Romo taking the Texans to a Super Bowl next year to shut up all of the Tony Romo haters up here in the northwest.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Philip Rivers will be traded.

To the CFL. For poutine.

As a joke.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Popy posted:

I mean he could head to Chicago but that's not going to get him a ring.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Popy posted:

It's sad that he plays as QB, otherwise I would happy to welcome him on the Patriots.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Arm strength has never been a plus for Rivers but hasn't it taken a dip lately? If he goes to a Houston or a KC there's enough talent to make it work but they might be limited.

I'm more curious to see what the market is for Romo. Best case scenario he goes to KC and gets Alex Smith's milktoast rear end benched again. #ImWithParm

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I thought Rivers whole thing is wanting to stay in SD where his family has settled, I don't think he would like being traded to another team, he just wants to play in San Diego..but I haven't spoken to him personally about it

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah I don't really understand why Rivers would be unwilling to play in LA. Just not his kind of town? Animosity towards the move in general?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fsif posted:

Yeah I don't really understand why Rivers would be unwilling to play in LA. Just not his kind of town? Animosity towards the move in general?

LA is a poo poo town

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

GaussianCopula posted:

It's sad that he plays as QB, otherwise I would happy to welcome him on the Patriots.

Why? You dont want a likable QB who doesn't cheat?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

LA is a poo poo town

In the last 1.5 years I've been to LA 8 times for 3-4 days each time. By far the most fun of any of these trips was the drive to and from LA.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Give me Rivers, give me Romo, give me someone who isn't a big walking bag of poo poo please please oh for the love of god

I legit feel bad for Brock, he works hard, says all the right things, seems to be a solid leader, seems to be well liked by his teammates. He just sucks at throwing the ball which is kind of important

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Tickets for the NFC game are way more than I expected. I would rather just watch at home than go and sit in a lovely seat. I have family in Atlanta I could stay with but between airfare and the ticket prices, I'm not sure I can swing it.

The worst seat in the house is like $350.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Intruder posted:

Give me Rivers, give me Romo, give me someone who isn't a big walking bag of poo poo please please oh for the love of god

I legit feel bad for Brock, he works hard, says all the right things, seems to be a solid leader, seems to be well liked by his teammates. He just sucks at throwing the ball which is kind of important

I don't feel bad for anyone who got paid 72 million for sucking at their job

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

its all nice on rice posted:

Rivers behind the Niners line against the cardinals, hawks, and rams twice a year?

Rivers just feels a certain affinity towards a lack of protection it seems.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

I don't feel bad for anyone who got paid 72 million for sucking at their job

Fair

seiferguy posted:

Rivers just feels a certain affinity towards a lack of protection it seems.

:wow:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Rivers under center and Kyle Shanahan calling the plays. San Fran does not deserve such nice things.

PS Stay away from Kyle you monsters :argh:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Intruder posted:

He should go the Terelle Pryor route and be a ridiculously tall receiver

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/821386186270838784

somebody's afraid of foxboro

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Tickets for the NFC game are way more than I expected. I would rather just watch at home than go and sit in a lovely seat. I have family in Atlanta I could stay with but between airfare and the ticket prices, I'm not sure I can swing it.

The worst seat in the house is like $350.

Just remember that the only reason you'd go to the game live is for "the experience".

Go to a crowded Packer bar and get that same experience much cheaper.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Apparently when the Packers were 4-6, a couple of fans bet $300 on them to win and have let it ride every week since. Currently the ticket is worth $28K and they're not cashing out

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

MikeCrotch posted:

I hate having to root for the Steelers in any circumstance but Tomlin and Antonio Brown make it all the more tolerable

Just please get a non-rapist quarterback at some point, it feels like that should be too much to ask, but *NFL*

Tomlin is also a massive piece of poo poo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Considering the amount of serious threats he's likely gotten from crazy fans in the area, this isn't a bad decision

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

hifi posted:

you convinced me, the state of paul ryan, scott walker and donald trump is actually "cool, and good"

We're the entire country of trump now

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
We deserve Pats v Steelers

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I want to die

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If Tom Brady pulled himself up by his bootstraps then, doggonit, I can too.

works extra hard at Burger King and forgets about his college degree

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

got any sevens posted:

We're the entire country of trump now

Quoting a post that left out an Oxford comma is worse than Trump, don't @ me.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Go Falcons, the only team left I don't actively hate. Failing that, go meteor.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Pats fans think the world revolves around them. Goodell works for Kraft and they all voted Trump.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

got any sevens posted:

Pats fans think the world revolves around them. Goodell works for Kraft and they all voted Trump.

How often did he not attend the NFL kickoff game?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

got any sevens posted:

People on this forum talk about them obsessively and way more than other teams so at the very least TFF revolves around them.

Blatzmobile
Nov 1, 2012

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Intruder posted:

Apparently when the Packers were 4-6, a couple of fans bet $300 on them to win and have let it ride every week since. Currently the ticket is worth $28K and they're not cashing out

They are stupid not to cash out now.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

got any sevens posted:

pats fans scaring goodell out of attending the afc championship at all is hilarious as all hell

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Blatzmobile posted:

They are stupid not to cash out now.
Yeah, I'd take $28K in a heartbeat

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

a new study bible! posted:

Tomlin is also a massive piece of poo poo.

Is he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Yeah, I'd take $28K in a heartbeat

Also I'm sure that if you put the money in their bank account and asked how much they felt like wagering on the game, they would certainly not be deciding to pull out $28k and bet it on a football game.

• Locked thread