Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mandatory lesbian posted:

man i love sanctum, looking forward to that, altho i didn't realize it had a story lol

For me it's one of those games I picked up on Steam, played for a while, then forgot about it before finishing it.

I might make a thread for it since the length of levels and the amount of editing I plan for it doesn't really seem "casual" to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Faerie Fortune posted:

I feel crummy so here's some funny internet videos

Dragon Lore Episode 3 - The Open Door Spell

You've seen this games' definition of "dog", now observe what it thinks a boulder is

The "cheese" next to the jar of honey is a honeycomb. Excited to see what this game thinks a bee looks like.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All that fret about the teaser video for Sanctum nearly made me forget to upload a new Plants vs Zombies video for today. :ohdear:

In the ninth Night level, everything goes smoothly and nothing bad happens. We'll see the Doom Shroom in the next level!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Starfox 2 Episode 2 - Dan Fights A Giant loving Dragon

So when Andross sent out the Mirage Dragon and Hunter Phantron, there's actually two other bosses he could have sent. One's the Hunter Tektron which is... basically a different version of the Phantron, and the Space Blade, which is sort of like an upgraded version of the Blade Barrier from Starfox 1. Also christ Andross sucks at naming robots.

On expert mode we get two random bosses, on hard mode you get one random boss, and on normal you're guaranteed to get only the Mirage Dragon.

I think it's interesting :saddowns:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Seeing as this is more or less also the Bubsy thread, here is A Thing:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3275/

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Addamere posted:

All that fret about the teaser video for Sanctum nearly made me forget to upload a new Plants vs Zombies video for today. :ohdear:

In the ninth Night level, everything goes smoothly and nothing bad happens. We'll see the Doom Shroom in the next level!

Looks like you're gitting gud.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Fish Noise posted:

Seeing as this is more or less also the Bubsy thread, here is A Thing:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3275/

found cjacobs new lp

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

An ill-fated search for an air tank leads me to one of the buggier islands I've seen.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In the tenth Night level, we finally see the Doom Shroom in action and the unique interaction of the Scaredy-shroom.

Addamere fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 20, 2017

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
So, a whole slew of Technical Difficulties happened, so alas, I am not joined by GrimlockMaster for Episodes 3 and 4. Hopefully we'll get him back for the final episode.

Tyrian 2000, Part 4 - Episode 3: In which we are between some rocks and a giant space mace.
Tyrian 2000, Part 5 - Episode 4: In which we finish the original registered version episodes, and Weirdness Happens

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The search for an air tank failed, so I fall back on more medieval shark hunting methods.

Final part on Saturday.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Starfox 2 Episode 3 - The Sequel: The Prequel

With a little bit of creative flying, and a whole lot of yelling incoherently, we manage to save the Lylat system from that jackass hanging out in the sun! I know I've made my feelings pretty apparent, but I really do love Starfox 2. It'll always be canon to me :smith: See you space cowgirls.

We managed to finish earlier than I thought so we also started Starfox 1! I'm uh, kinda good at Starfox.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The second half of the Night levels for those who prefer to see them in one longer video.

For individual videos:
Level 2-6
Level 2-7
Level 2-8
Level 2-9
Level 2-10

Entire Playlist: Plants vs Zombies: Game of the Year Edition

Was in bed ill today, but I should have the first Sanctum video up sometime this weekend — and a new PvZ video roughly every other day.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
Thanks, I was waiting for the longer one. Get well soon.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Dragon Lore Episode 4 - Do We Have To Beat Up This Sponge?

This loving game :psyduck:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Faerie Fortune posted:

This loving game :psyduck:

Presented with even less context than the last abomination.

https://gifsound.com/?gif=https://c...f&v=K5G1FmU-ldg

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The final part of the LP switches to experimental build 0.23, which only really introduces wooden containers. However I also successfully find those air tanks for a spear gun, some cool but laggy-as-rear end metal structures in the ocean, and finally take out a shark the way I wanted.

Thanks for watching, folks. It's an overpriced, incomplete game to be sure, but there was still some wackiness to be had.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Starfox 2 Episode 4 - We Don't Actually Play Starfox 2 At All In This Episode

In this final episode, we finish off Starfox, then poo poo around in another game for a bit. It also turns out that the second game we play disagrees vehemently with the emulator/OBS combo, so we lost a bit of footage at the end. Fortunately we didn't say anything interesting or funny during this lp those few minutes! Thanks for watching!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The first Pool level introduces six lanes, water, the Lily Pad, and Ducky Tube zombie variants.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

FeyerbrandX posted:

Presented with even less context than the last abomination.

https://gifsound.com/?gif=https://c...f&v=K5G1FmU-ldg

Werner Disapproves

Skypizza
Dec 19, 2015

Geek
Amma just drop this here and leave silently before any trump-supporting-goons fish my address

Warning, it is a poo poo game, but I don't know how to describe this: you have to try it to know just how terrifyingly addictive and satisfying? this game is.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Dragon Lore Episode 5 - The Pizza Fairy

There are so many interesting characters in this game

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Let’s Stream Xenoblade Chronicles X!

I wanted to play Xenoblade Chronicles X, and my friend Ramon wanted to see it, so we’re going to stream this huge long thing! I imagine having a more active chat can only make this more enjoyable (and will make the archive look less sad), so please join us on this journey!

We’re going to try to stream most Mondays from 2-4 PM PST at https://www.twitch.tv/gamekiwi

Archives will be posted in here weekly.

Episode List: - (Series Playlist)
Episode 1 - Please Stop Talking
Episode 2 - Actually Playing
Episode 3 - Open World
Episode 4 - Repeated Ambush
Episode 5 - Limited Spawn
Episode 6 - Further Progress!
Episode 7 - Not Strong Enough

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Mar 7, 2017

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself
Man, no end of technical problems lately. :( My PC is having overheating issues again (ordered a new fan and some thermal paste for the CPU just in case, since I don't know what's causing it), and this video was freakin' cursed, with irreconcilable framerate sync (or horrible bitrate loss when I tried running it through Handbrake). Ugh. I seriously spent 2 weeks on-and-off trying different things and rendering stuff before eventually manually syncing every 5 minutes or so in Vegas. This should as I recall be the last Dragon's Dogma before I fixed my first overheating problem last August, so the rest should go a lot smoother.

As for the other video, well, I'm clearly destined to play all of CJacobs's favorites at this rate. I've never touched a Max Payne game, but if I suddenly LP one, I know who to blame. :sweatdrop:

Bloodborne #01 - The Transfusion
We finally got a PS4 for Christmas, so you can imagine what the first game was. :woop: This is a mostly-blind run, and I point out the stuff I already saw since Ben just had to try it out first. As fair warning this playthrough probably won't be finished due to aforementioned problems and I'll need to decide what else to upload afterward, but it'll keep for a little bit. Hope you enjoy!

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Part 16 - Fortress of Solitude
We take our first look at the Shadow Fort and the goblins guarding it (and a very brief glimpse of the drake who hangs out nearby). We try out Ashley as a Fighter, going for the Sinew augment so she can wear armor without going into heavy load. It wouldn't normally be so bad, but being in Heavy/Very Heavy not only slows down your stamina regen but it slows your movement, and in a game with as much running as Dragon's Dogma....

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Hey there, folks! Today I'm sharing a video of a game that I'd been curious about for quite a while, ended up grabbing during the holiday Steam sale and which I've thoroughly enjoyed since. Armello is a strategy board game made by League of Geeks, an Australian indie developer. :australia: One review said "It's like Game of Thrones, only with animals"; in so much as players are competing to become the next ruler of Armello via backstabbing and quite possibly some front-stabbing too.

This is just a little solo commentary glimpse of gameplay which I'm hoping will bring Armello to more goons' attention, and potentially allow for some four player goon chaos in future videos! Even if this video ends up being a one-off, I hope people will enjoy it.

So, Let's Play Armello!

Oh, and the game has a few pretty cutscenes that I'm going to link as extras. Check them out if you like.

Debut Trailer
Horrors and Heroes
Usurpers

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I am terrible at Armello but I had no idea there was a goon group for it.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Night10194 posted:

I am terrible at Armello but I had no idea there was a goon group for it.
The SA thread is here with lots of info in the OP that might better express some of what I was trying to say, and the Steam group is Goonmello.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Dragon Lore Episode 6 - Take An Apple And Give It To Dog

What even is this why did I enjoy this?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

http://store.steampowered.com/app/562410/

Honestly this is the only video I have of this game because I hate myself but not that much.

WELCOME TO PANTY PARTY! When Japan wasn't Japan enough they Japan on a whole new Japan. You get to play as a human that can transform into Panties!!! To fight other Panties! Something about a pair of panties wanting to be loved or some poo poo in hidden in here. Didn't play far enough to really tell. But yeah they want to brainwash humans.

The ONLY VIDEO
Infinite Regrets: Panty Party

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Just pointing out that this game was developed by actual people who thought to make a game about panties and then proceeded to will it into reality over the course of a certain amount of time.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Alexeythegreat posted:

Just pointing out that this game was developed by actual people who thought to make a game about panties and then proceeded to will it into reality over the course of a certain amount of time.

I feel like there have already been several of those

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I feel like there have already been several of those

Were you playing as panties in them?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, this is a third person shooter? Maybe I should actually play it

Alexeythegreat posted:

Were you playing as panties in them?

Just because I can't prove it exists doesn't mean it doesn't! It just means you shouldn't take me seriously

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well this game looks incredible

I... did not know panties had philosophical understanding

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

CJacobs posted:

Well this game looks incredible

I... did not know panties had philosophical understanding

Oh god! CJ don't tell me you picked it up.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zain posted:

Oh god! CJ don't tell me you picked it up.

Nah I was just looking at the steam achievement list. As much of a fan of panties as I am, I am not that big a fan

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Nah I was just looking at the steam achievement list. As much of a fan of panties as I am, I am not that big a fan

But how big a fan of anime are you

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CJacobs posted:

I, for one, am skeptical of your panty cred.

Skypizza
Dec 19, 2015

Geek
Some people repeat an oral joke twice, others spend months developing a videogame cause repeating their joke twice wasn't enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

GamesAreSupernice posted:

But how big a fan of anime are you

I dunno, let me confer with my alan wake body pillow to find out if he qualifies as anime or not.