Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

devtesla posted:

25-26 is the christmas cake age, for instant no-effort joke.

Afaik this generally isn't referenced anymore, as it's considered pretty offensive.

(In Japan/Japanese anyway; the English anime community seems to have adopted it with a significantly different tone.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/xOkaashii/status/820713119362129920

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

z0glin Warchief posted:

Afaik this generally isn't referenced anymore, as it's considered pretty offensive.

(In Japan/Japanese anyway; the English anime community seems to have adopted it with a significantly different tone.)

If that's the case I'll stop using the phrase.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

actually, im an expert on japan because i played persona 4, and its really disgusting how japan still calls 26 year old women christmas cakes

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

Also Gladio is cool, when he makes fun of Noct for having little baby man muscles it's becaus he cares and wants a workout partner and not because he's mean.

He's fine most of time but the bits where he and Noct butt heads are kinda forced. Like how in any given dungeon everyone will be complaining about how tired, hungry, or cold they are, but only during the Titan scenario does Gladio start poo poo over it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this is the official christmas cake chat zone

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

homeless snail posted:

this is the official christmas cake chat zone

Is that a zone designated for chat about Christmas Cakes, or a zone exclusively for use by Christmas Cakes?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

I originally worked on sasameki koto

back when our tler hosed up and called it sasame kikoto lol

Is that how that happened? I remember seeing that version the title around. Hell, it might still be listed as an alt title in some places for all I know.

I want to go home and play FFXIV, but instead I'm stuck at work like a sucker. Well, at least play Bloodborne, if the servers aren't even up yet.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

AnoHito posted:

Is that a zone designated for chat about Christmas Cakes, or a zone exclusively for use by Christmas Cakes?

For baking

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh motherfucker, the chair mount is 750000 from the gold saucer and I just decided to buy the drat turtle. I had that!

ffffff

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

hit yuri romance manga Whispy Woods

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

a kitten posted:

Oh motherfucker, the chair mount is 750000 from the gold saucer and I just decided to buy the drat turtle. I had that!

ffffff
have you been to dun scaith yet? its loving sick!!!!!

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

homeless snail posted:

have you been to dun scaith yet? its loving sick!!!!!

I'm at work! I just read that bit of info in the thread.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

GorfZaplen posted:

Also Gladio is cool, when he makes fun of Noct for having little baby man muscles it's becaus he cares and wants a workout partner and not because he's mean.

I like when all of them make fun of Noct for pretty much anything, just constantly busting his balls all day about dumb poo poo

I did all the side quests up to the point where the ones I have active are in places I can't get to though so I finally had to do plot things

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

:same:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I may have to start using that item that stops xp from accumulating though, I'm way overleveled from doing tons of hunts

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

"boobs"

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

I may have to start using that item that stops xp from accumulating though, I'm way overleveled from doing tons of hunts

Stop sleeping for awhile instead and the next time you sleep you'll jump ten levels

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

AnoHito posted:

Either way, I'm in! Heheheheh.

As long as bearded cakes are allowed.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Hello friends, anyone else read the dragon maid anime's manga besides me?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I also like new konosuba even though the art is worse for some reason.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I for one would date a 25 year old woman, and heck even a 26 year old woman. I'd date a woman older than me, or taller than me, or more successful than me (anyone would be more successful than me lol). Anime could use more office ladies.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

End of lunch.

I'm glad they're getting this sorted out.

this is a pretty good manga.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Red Minjo posted:

I for one would date a 25 year old woman, and heck even a 26 year old woman. I'd date a woman older than me, or taller than me, or more successful than me (anyone would be more successful than me lol). Anime could use more office ladies.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Red Minjo posted:

I'd date those women also.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

drilldo squirt posted:

Hello friends, anyone else read the dragon maid anime's manga besides me?
Yes, we usually discuss it in the surreal daily life thread (i think)

Also lol, heretical star of David. We can't catch a break.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Yes, we usually discuss it in the surreal daily life thread (i think)

Also lol, heretical star of David. We can't catch a break.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
The Jewish magic is very powerful, it's why Madonna converted. She's immortal now.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

drilldo squirt posted:

The Jewish magic is very powerful, it's why Madonna converted. She's immortal now.
Wait, do we get that? Why was I not informed?

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

drilldo squirt posted:

my father attempted to learn jew magic because we were poor

it didn't work

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Kabbalah, bitch.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
If you really wana know, the Magico-theurgical tradition of Practical Kabbalah (in often unpublished manuscripts) endeavours to alter both the Divine realms and the World. While some interpretations of prayer see its role as manipulating heavenly forces, Practical Kabbalah properly involved white-magical acts, and was censored by kabbalists for only those completely pure of intent. Consequently, it formed a separate minor tradition shunned from Kabbalah.
According to traditional belief, early kabbalistic knowledge was transmitted orally by the Patriarchs, prophets, and sages (hakhamim in Hebrew), eventually to be "interwoven" into Jewish religious writings and culture. According to this view, early kabbalah was, in around the 10th century BC, an open knowledge practiced by over a million people in ancient Israel. Foreign conquests drove the Jewish spiritual leadership of the time (the Sanhedrin) to hide the knowledge and make it secret, fearing that it might be misused if it fell into the wrong hands.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

drilldo squirt posted:

Kabbalah, bitch.
you aren't the cumburglar

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I don't remember making jokes about kabbalah as one of his things, but it has been a long time since gbs nite crew.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

NotALizardman posted:

my father attempted to learn jew magic because we were poor

it didn't work

It requires you live off of lox and schmear so I'm not surprised.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

we ran out of time in dun scaith, 2 hours lmao. that dungeon is nuts!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

homeless snail posted:

we ran out of time in dun scaith, 2 hours lmao. that dungeon is nuts!!!

its cause you didnt have me tanking

• Locked thread