Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Moola posted:

from the modern era?

Deathblood Bloodshitters

I think they really improved on the design of the Murderfuck Deathbloods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Saint Drogo posted:

the chaos warriors probably seem more boring than they are just because they've been so loving ubiquitous for so long. Chaos problems. more variation in the torso/leg positions and giving them some different fur mantles and capes would still improve them 100% tho imo and could be done without sacrificing their uniformity/visual impact.

you laugh but the slaughterpriests and exalted deathbringers are actually good as hell. :colbert:

The first time I saw someone post a mortal Khorne army list here I thought they were making an angry parody of the names but they were all real units.

"Bloodsecrator" :eyepop:

I wouldn't collect the army but I love the indie metal LP art sensibilities.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Saint Drogo posted:

the chaos warriors probably seem more boring than they are just because they've been so loving ubiquitous for so long. Chaos problems. more variation in the torso/leg positions and giving them some different fur mantles and capes would still improve them 100% tho imo and could be done without sacrificing their uniformity/visual impact.

yeah minor conversion work can really improve them a lot

Saint Drogo posted:

you laugh but the slaughterpriests and exalted deathbringers are actually good as hell. :colbert:

nothing in Age of Slgmar is good friend

lol

Glad to see Garrosh Hellscream getting more work

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

SIgmar is bad but his Age is growing on me.

however nothing will ever convince me Bloodsecrator wasn't a placeholder name left in by mistake.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Moola posted:

lol

Glad to see Garrosh Hellscream getting more work
Good old Games Workshop, still stealing from Blizzard 30 years later.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

To be fair, that was some random GIS's garrosh bloodpriest and not the GW house style, but the sculpt looks pretty similar, too. I just like the model because it actually seems to have ordinary proportions.

Also, it isn't covered with as much crap as most of the other guys. I'm indifferent about the names because it's kind of cool in a 13 year old metal head way but I think that the house color scheme and busy models of the GW khorne guys makes it look like this red black and bronze sea of garbage sometimes.

Less garrosh:

Things that 1990's me would have been surprised are still around in 2017:
High Elf Coneheads
Orruk' Ardboys with the proportions of babies
Khorne guys with lattice work helmets and all sorts of trinkets.
Kemmler's model
<Ironic comment about games workshop etc etc here>

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 17, 2017

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
All of the tinypic links in the OP seem broken. Is there some other image host I should use?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
imgur seems to be the standard.

Ignore it's userbase.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

fozzy fosbourne posted:

To be fair, that was some random GIS's garrosh bloodpriest and not the GW house style, but the sculpt looks pretty similar, too. I just like the model because it actually seems to have ordinary proportions.

The model looks like they used a picture of someone in Jnco jeans as the reference image.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
That's still extremely Garrosh. I love the fact that Bliz and GW continue to thieve from each other repeatedly to this day. New wow expansion has demonic casters on discs.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
My favourite model still available to buy is the Wight King.

My favourite in the post-AoS release bracket is probably the Gaunt Summoner, but I feel like its the best of the bunch rather than something that I'll love forever. I do like both the Slaughterpriests and the Sylvaneth Branchwych but overall its pretty slim pickings.

They almost got me with the Orc Wyvern but I really hate the dude standing on top.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I've always been partial to the Aracknarok. Just some giant spider with a howdah and goblins crawling all over it.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy
Finally got my AoS Tzeentch Themed Chaos Army (commission painted by my buddy Colin) based and ready to go. Only thing missing at this point is basing my painted Archaon. I am supplementing this army with my Tzeentch Demons from my 40k Army. (Can't wait for my MacroMat to arrive from Tablewar...)

Now to start playing...

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ghost Hand posted:

Finally got my AoS Tzeentch Themed Chaos Army (commission painted by my buddy Colin) based and ready to go. Only thing missing at this point is basing my painted Archaon. I am supplementing this army with my Tzeentch Demons from my 40k Army. (Can't wait for my MacroMat to arrive from Tablewar...)

Now to start playing...

If you ever find your way to the east coast and want to decimate my dudes in flouncy shirts in pyjama pants, I'd love to fight these dudes.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Does anyone ever paint/model their Khorne armies as muted and down-to-earth mans who just enjoy their work or played for laughs goofy guys in pastels with nerf weapons, or is it just a sea of red, brass, gore, roids and tchotchkes as far as an elf can see?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pvt.Scott posted:

Does anyone ever paint/model their Khorne armies as muted and down-to-earth mans who just enjoy their work or played for laughs goofy guys in pastels with nerf weapons, or is it just a sea of red, brass, gore, roids and tchotchkes as far as an elf can see?

aelf*

I've seen some more muted Khorne armies, but it's not an army you generally want to paint unless you really like red and brass. I know a few dudes who paint Heresy/pre-Heresy World Eaters for their Chaos stuff, and even on Fantasymans the white and blue scheme looks sharp.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

All I want is an army of half-naked Frazetta barbarians riding giant lizards, playing beach volleyball and punching wizards and oh yeah praise Khorne or whatever.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Khorne should be painted like Jojo or Tom of Finland.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
are there any Age of Slgmar video games?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

are there any Age of Slgmar video games?

Just the one.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I already have that

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Why would you want them to make an AOS video game?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Dreadwroth posted:

Why would you want them to make an AOS video game?

to laugh at them

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Just go dig up the original Blood Bowl computer game they made, it was soooo bad.
I've actually played this poo poo....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl_(1995_video_game)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Video games have a lot of lead up time, which is how you get things like Warhammer: Total War coming out after AOS dropped, since that game took like 4 years to make. I wouldn't expect any Age of Sigmar games for another year at least.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I literally cant even imagine those dumb loving aos character designs moving and animating on screen

my brain literally can't process the idea of those things in motion

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Maybe some lightweight/mobile games, those can be turned out in a year or less.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Just watch the angel bits from Diablo cinematics?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Saint Drogo posted:

Just watch the angel bits from Diablo cinematics?

Or literally anything from WoW

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

mango sentinel posted:

Or literally anything from WoW

ohhhhh ok this helps

*imagines huge shoulder pads clipping through heads forever*

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Dreadwroth posted:

Just go dig up the original Blood Bowl computer game they made, it was soooo bad.
I've actually played this poo poo....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl_(1995_video_game)
gently caress you buddy, that opening theme is still the first thing that pops into my mind the moment someone says "Blood Bowl on PC".

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I'm playing a game this weekend, and I found I was in need of more Fantasy-appropriate terrain, so I painted up a set of walls and fences! There's some State Troops in there for scale:

A cheeky little Gobbo:

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Pierzak posted:

gently caress you buddy, that opening theme is still the first thing that pops into my mind the moment someone says "Blood Bowl on PC".

Nope sorry that game was hot garbage.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SRM posted:

I'm playing a game this weekend, and I found I was in need of more Fantasy-appropriate terrain, so I painted up a set of walls and fences! There's some State Troops in there for scale:

Looking good!

However, don't forget that in AOS you don't get cover for being behind a wall, you have to stand on top of it instead :downs:

quote:

COVER
If all models in a unit are within or on a terrain feature, you can add 1 to all save rolls for that unit to represent the cover they receive from the terrain.  This modifier does not apply in the combat phase if the unit you are making saves for made a charge move in the same turn.

OK I guess you could put them in a box and call it a single terrain feature...

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Zark the Damned posted:

Looking good!

However, don't forget that in AOS you don't get cover for being behind a wall, you have to stand on top of it instead :downs:

OK I guess you could put them in a box and call it a single terrain feature...

Fortunately, in the warscroll for walls and fences they're actually sane about how they should work:

quote:

Barricade: If all of the models from a unit
are within 3" of a wall or fence, and are on
the same side of it, then the unit receives
the benefits of cover against attacks made
by models that are on the other side of the
wall or fence.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
what if the attackers are elevated and can see them over the wall?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Moola posted:

Ask Your DM

Wait poo poo wrong thread

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Moola posted:

Tough poo poo. Enfilade fire is for heretics.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

SRM posted:

I love the spike and chain swing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SRM posted:

Fortunately, in the warscroll for walls and fences they're actually sane about how they should work:

Fair enough, I didn't realise they had separate rules.

• Locked thread