Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

FuturePastNow posted:

Luke choked out a couple of Jabba's guards

I thought this was absolutely brilliant- Luke was learning parts of the Light and Dark sides because insert Zen koan. Dude was dressing in black and everything. Then of course I learned that the entire EU was completely against this because cartoonish bullcrap where if you ever do anything bad ever then you're a Space Dictator forever. Not as cool.

THE BAR posted:

Vader choked people with the Force, because he was an instrument of terror. The Emperor could cast spells of lightning, because he was an evil wizard.

Kylo can freeze blaster bolts, because he's.. a procrastinator? A man wary of letting go? Is it simply the new trick all the cool kids learn at Badawan Academy?

The original scenes mostly happened in context. Some douche was all "Jedi aren't even real" and Vader goes "you feel a little tickle in your throat there buddy?", it plays on stage material like people getting poisoned at a banquet. The Emperor was no seriously a space wizard. The weak one of course is Vader stopping lasers with his hands, you can just hear the conversation the script writers had. Well why doesn't Han just shoot him. Um. Vader grabs the bolt out of the air. Problem solved. If Stormtroopers weren't made out of tissue paper it wouldn't be so bad, but we know the Imperials can't make armor. If you're going to do that scene, then at the end of it Vader needs to open his fist and let the bullets fall on the table. I guess you can't do that with blasters.

Kylo can stop a blaster bolt because here on page five we need a cool visual effect, like a force power that's never been seen before. Ask the art department if they've got anything for us.

Otherwise why for instance didn't the script have him slap the bolt out of the air? It's a callback so that's a bonus. Poe is still frozen from fear when it happens, so it does the exact same job in the script. It establishes another link to Vader too. Oh hey I know- it's the only shot Finn fires, he gets so scared seeing Poe on his knees that he accidentally pulls the trigger only to have Kylo slap the blaster bolt away. Now that's script writing!

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

Gotta go fast once in seven movies. Then never ever again.

Can we all come together and agree the prequels are now EU and therefore non-canon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The force is just The Force (it is just magic)

What you use it for and how you shape it is up to you

This is wizardry 101

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Anakin's Magical Aptitude stat is higher than Yoda's, but since he's only lvl 1 his base damage is so low that it doesn't matter. Because he has the Chosen One background his Dexterity and Perception modifiers should kick in during mid-to-late-game but only if his mentor has a high Intelligence and levels with him instead of grinding for levels.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

i hate myself for thinking about this or talking about star wars on the internet but a choke would not be a "special move" for people who can move objects with the force. lightning is the only special power imo. *kills self*

Maybe one of the things that makes the first Star Wars movies better than all the other Star Wars stuff is they didn't treat the force like a set of superpowers you unlock as you gain levels

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Sure they did

They could move stuff, including entire spaceships. They could deflect lasers and they could mindcontrol people

...and vanish into thin air and become fuckin ghosts man

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

greatn posted:

I hope they do a half in the bag of Monster Trucks. It actually wasn't half bad.

yesssd i knew it would be fun, u cant play lonely boy in the trailer if its not fun

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
What was the job of the Jedis in the prequels, because they seem to be trade negotiators, peace envoys, bodyguards, space detectives, generals, and also be a holy order, I've forgotten stuff probably.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

monster on a stick posted:

What was the job of the Jedis in the prequels, because they seem to be trade negotiators, peace envoys, bodyguards, space detectives, generals, and also be a holy order, I've forgotten stuff probably.

they are the space aristocrats who can do whatever they want whenever they want
e: except gently caress

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Episode 1: I cannot fight a war for you.

Episode 2: Literally every Jedi is now a commissioned officer.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

It's almost as if nearly everything about the script and screenwriting was incompetent and the finished product was forced, awkward, and terrible!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Archaic posted:

It's almost as if nearly everything about the script and screenwriting was incompetent and the finished product was forced, awkward, and terrible!

I can't believe Lucas just wrote the whole thing on a loving legal pad with no one helping edit or bounce around story ideas.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

WampaLord posted:

I can't believe Lucas just wrote the whole thing on a loving legal pad with no one helping edit or bounce around story ideas.

Just a bunch of Cliffs Notes!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

priznat posted:

Just a bunch of Cliffs Notes!

...gotchou!!

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

WampaLord posted:

gently caress YOU RICK BERMAN, YOU RUINED THIS TOO! :argh:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Cracks me up every time :haw:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Between revenge of the tshi and a new hopes, light-saber wielding psychokinetic marital artists become extinct and completely forgotten into legend. It's 2017 now, does anyone remember the ancient tale of OJ and his bronco.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I still wonder if they're just going to attempt to Disappear the prequels into the sarlacc pit of EU Content

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Monkey Fracas posted:

I still wonder if they're just going to attempt to Disappear the prequels into the sarlacc pit of EU Content

How would they sell the box set without 1-3?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ka0 posted:

Between revenge of the tshi and a new hopes, light-saber wielding psychokinetic marital artists become extinct and completely forgotten into legend. It's 2017 now, does anyone remember the ancient tale of OJ and his bronco.

We've come full circle, there's a show coming out called "What if OJ was innocent?"

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/01/is-oj-innocent-missing-evidence-docuseries-time-date-channel-tonight-id-investigation-discovery/

gently caress our society to death please.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Dmitri-9 posted:

How would they sell the box set without 1-3?

Holiday Special, uncut edition.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

If Disney had half a brain or if they ran out of ideas they could just reboot the prequels out of existence. We've had 3 Spider-man reboots in 15 years, so why not?

What kills me is the prequels really made a genuine attempt at distancing themselves from the OT and tell their own stories. I'm almost tempted to check them out again because they aren't rehashed OT crap. The ships, planets, landscapes and environments are so lovingly crafted and gorgeous and distinct, yet for some reason the stories and characters were hot garbage. I rewatched the ending of Attack of the Clones the other day because it came up on my youtube feed and holy crap. Padme, loving SMILE, it's your WEDDING. Jesus Christ. Then there's the cartoon clone troopers and politicians standing around.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

The Archaic posted:

If Disney had half a brain or if they ran out of ideas they could just reboot the prequels out of existence. We've had 3 Spider-man reboots in 15 years, so why not?

Oh God.

What the hell is this, it's like a strobing color pattern on my monitor where words should be.

I'm not sure if my brain is broken or if this is some new form of internet wizardry, but I am certain there is nothing behind the blur that human beings should ever read.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Prequels are already canon thanks to senator Organa.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Watch disney reboot the original trilogy to be more in line with their current vision.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
The Phantom Menace could have a Death Star.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

The Archaic posted:

What kills me is the prequels really made a genuine attempt at distancing themselves from the OT and tell their own stories. I'm almost tempted to check them out again because they aren't rehashed OT crap. The ships, planets, landscapes and environments are so lovingly crafted and gorgeous and distinct, yet for some reason the stories and characters were hot garbage. I rewatched the ending of Attack of the Clones the other day because it came up on my youtube feed and holy crap. Padme, loving SMILE, it's your WEDDING. Jesus Christ. Then there's the cartoon clone troopers and politicians standing around.

Me personally, I loved the prequels. Beautiful vistas, marvelous landscapes, and the action, lots of sweet action. Trade talks!!! Who doesnt love lots of sweet trade talks. The political discussions were the best. Thats what Star Wars is really about, politics. Its a kids movie afterall.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

The Phantom Menace could have a Death Star.

Phantom Menace did have a Death Star. It was that donut thing that the baby blew up by accident.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Maybe the real death star was inside him all along.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Paladinus posted:

Maybe the real death star was inside him all along.

And the Force was all the friends we made along the way.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

DO IT TO IT posted:

Phantom Menace did have a Death Star. It was that donut thing that the baby blew up by accident.

Now that was podracing.

Someone should make :smuganakin:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ka0 posted:

The racist cops. The planted DNA evidence. All of it. It's all true.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

Paladinus posted:

HE'S PRINCESS LEIA'S NON-BIOLOGICAL FATHURRRRRR

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Archaic posted:

HE'S PRINCESS LEIA'S NON-BIOLOGICAL FATHURRRRRR

HE GOT BLOWN UP ON ALDERAAAAN!!!!!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Blue Star posted:

HE GOT BLOWN UP ON ALDERAAAAN!!!!!

I KNOW WHAT THAT IS!!!!! :buddy:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Senator Organa? That mans name is jimmy smits

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

Jesus christ this thread needs a new BOTW like now.

naem
May 29, 2011

The Archaic posted:

Jesus christ this thread needs a new BOTW like now.

I binged all their videos and now have to wait for more :(

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

naem posted:

I binged all their videos and now have to wait for more :(
Trash is endless, RLM is not.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
rlm has its own endless trash: pre rec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i want a orgin movie for the big tall monkey dog who speaks in mouthwash gargles

ENDLESS SASH

• Locked thread