Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Zeta Vader and Boba can deal with those two overpowered fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Mr. Neutron posted:

Zeta Vader and Boba can deal with those two overpowered fuckers.

I'm level 50 something

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

ZenVulgarity posted:

I'm level 50 something

Oh. Then you are poo poo out of luck, sorry.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

I do not have the tools to beat that Regen stacking right now

You've got some options.

TFP can put buff immunity on the entire party.
QGJ has an offensive dispell.
Sun Fac has a taunt, dispells on basic, and counter-attacks.

Chaze is loving stupid, and most people have problems with them, even people with giant stables.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

You've got some options.

TFP can put buff immunity on the entire party.
QGJ has an offensive dispell.
Sun Fac has a taunt, dispells on basic, and counter-attacks.

Chaze is loving stupid, and most people have problems with them, even people with giant stables.

I have just tfp and it would instantly die by anyone looking at it since it's two star

Oh well

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

I have just tfp and it would instantly die by anyone looking at it since it's two star

Oh well

I can't even get low enough to fight Chaze teams, man. I'm having trouble with super-fast Boba Fett and EP groups. I have no means by which to stop perfectly modded meta-gods.

Once I'm able to beat those, THEN I get to try my had at Chaze...

gently caress this meta.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Darksaber posted:

In general, how do you deal with Boba? I'm newish (62), so right now my main arena team is Lando / STH / Lumi / QGJ and no one really for the fifth slot yet, I'm grinding for some recommended characters but right now trying out Mace. I normally dodge Boba but that's getting harder, so I've been nuking the healers and killing the rest of the team while trying to ignore him. Is it best to just try and blow him away as fast as I can?

Don't get mace, he's awful (at least for right now)

I'd suggest getting Admiral Ackbar from the arena store and stacking him with tenacity. As long as he can resist Boba's ability block, he can use his cleanse special to remove ability block and DoTs from the rest of your squad.

Plus, AA is a cornerstone of any good rebel squad because of his speed buff and double-special buff that synergizes very very well with Lando and QGJ. On top of that, he's a solid fleet commander, so you get to double-dip.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

ZenVulgarity posted:

I'm level 50 something

Do you have rg? If so stack some potency mods on him and try to keep boba stun locked.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Field Mousepad posted:

Do you have rg? If so stack some potency mods on him and try to keep boba stun locked.

Boba isn't the issue it's the giant amount of regen

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

ZenVulgarity posted:

Boba isn't the issue it's the giant amount of regen

While it's reasonable to try to come up with counter-chaze tactics in the long term, for now I think you just have to do what the rest of us do and avoid fighting chaze teams. If you get one in GW, that's bad luck. Otherwise, pick another team to fight in the arena. If you're already closing in on the top 20, then that's kind of what the meta looks like at that rank. Surely you've encountered whales in other games?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

fishtobaskets posted:

While it's reasonable to try to come up with counter-chaze tactics in the long term, for now I think you just have to do what the rest of us do and avoid fighting chaze teams. If you get one in GW, that's bad luck. Otherwise, pick another team to fight in the arena. If you're already closing in on the top 20, then that's kind of what the meta looks like at that rank. Surely you've encountered whales in other games?

This is my first PvP mobile game

MWO has whales but there isn't really this difference.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

gently caress me ship battles are long and terrible

I cannot imagine how long pvp takes against cap ships with lots of stars and lots of reserves given it probably takes a long time to kill just 1 ship. They really didn't test enough on this.

IMO, it would have been more fun if the cap ships had hit points and the side that takes down the other one first wins. I don't know what that would look like but fending off hordes of snub fighters isn't really a fun meta-game.

On a different note, somoebody found what looks like a developer created account. Possibly created to give the whales on a certain shard something to chase. All of the characters are 7 stars/GL XI. I wonder what the value of this account would be in USD...

https://swgoh.gg/u/skykr%C3%A4k/collection/

tadashi fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 17, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

tadashi posted:

I cannot imagine how long pvp takes against cap ships with lots of stars and lots of reserves given it probably takes a long time to kill just 1 ship. They really didn't test enough on this.

IMO, it would have been more fun if the cap ships had hit points and the side that takes down the other one first wins. I don't know what that would look like but fending off hordes of snub fighters isn't really a fun meta-game.

On a different note, somoebody found what looks like a developer created account. Possibly created to give the whales on a certain shard something to chase. All of the characters are 7 stars/GL XI. I wonder what the value of this account would be in USD...

https://swgoh.gg/u/skykr%C3%A4k/collection/

Nope, that's a whale.

e: To clarify, he's a well known whale, and has probably spent > 15k.

My understanding is that developers can have personal accounts mixed in with the normal game, they get a small advantage due to insider knowledge, but it's not a huge advantage and since they aren't whales, they aren't really competition for the whales. However, they do get special accounts outside of the normal game that have unlimited crystals. Some streamers were brought into the big EA event and given those kind of accounts so that they could test everything out. One of those looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cEp-9qOkzs

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 17, 2017

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Holy crap, that's not even a whale, that's an entire new species :stare: I mean, he has mods on his loving Mob Enforcer that I could use on my arena team :negative:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

tadashi posted:

A good thread title

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

Holy crap, that's not even a whale, that's an entire new species :stare: I mean, he has mods on his loving Mob Enforcer that I could use on my arena team :negative:

What's the Whale version of a Whale Shark?

A Whale Whale?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

What's the Whale version of a Whale Shark?

A Whale Whale?

Space whale

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

A good thread title

How do I go about changing the thread title (isn't there a way other than making a new thread?)

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Well, at least I can thank him for almost single-handedly funding development of a game I play because I sure as hell don't spend any money on it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Malgrin posted:

How do I go about changing the thread title (isn't there a way other than making a new thread?)

PM a mod.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Malgrin posted:

Nope, that's a whale.

e: To clarify, he's a well known whale, and has probably spent > 15k.

My understanding is that developers can have personal accounts mixed in with the normal game, they get a small advantage due to insider knowledge, but it's not a huge advantage and since they aren't whales, they aren't really competition for the whales. However, they do get special accounts outside of the normal game that have unlimited crystals. Some streamers were brought into the big EA event and given those kind of accounts so that they could test everything out. One of those looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cEp-9qOkzs

Do I have too high expectations or is that video loving poo poo? He doesn't describe anything he's doing he's just like, "uhhh ok gonna go ahead and click this here and look at this animation wow. Ok and I think next I gotta click that, and ok we see, oh look at Akbar. OK now I'm gonna click this and ok here we go watch the animation. Ummm errr, I unlocked the ship for the tutorial I think it's like an X-wing or something it might be Wedge's I don't know"

Hey buddy, how bout telling us what the abilities you're using are, how bout explain what's going on other than visually, like stats wise or anything at all really! These types of "guide" or tutorial or even just first reaction videos where people literally don't even know what is happening on screen while they commentate over it is just pathetic.

How did this person get access to the dev account, how is he even working on a youtube account that gets this much revenue? IT WAS TERRIBLE!! IT'S A TRAP!!!

Danzel Glovington fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 17, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Danzel Glovington posted:

Do I have too high expectations or is that video loving poo poo? He doesn't describe anything he's doing he's just like, "uhhh ok gonna go ahead and click this here and look at this animation wow. Ok and I think next I gotta click that, and ok we see, oh look at Akbar. OK now I'm gonna click this and ok here we go watch the animation. Ummm errr, I unlocked the ship for the tutorial I think it's like an X-wing or something it might be Wedge's I don't know"

Hey buddy, how bout telling us what the abilities you're using are, how bout explain what's going on other than visually, like stats wise or anything at all really! These types of "guide" or tutorial or even just first reaction videos where people literally don't even know what is happening on screen while they commentate over it is just pathetic.

How did this person get access to the dev account, how is he even working on a youtube account that gets this much revenue? IT WAS TERRIBLE!! IT'S A TRAP!!!

Yeah, if you look at SWGOH streaming content, the quality is generally pretty bad. Warrior (from TI) has some decent stuff, but he's pretty hit and miss. I want to say EA pulled in something like 10 streamers and gave them access to those kind of accounts.

I'm confident you could make a better channel -- but is it really worth your time?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
There's this guy popped up not too loong ago that does a lot of zeta videos. They are a good watch.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

SWGOH: A toilet game in more ways than one

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Spakstik posted:

SWGOH: A toilet game in more ways than one

It is fun to play while on the toilet

This is my first taste of what money can buy you in this kind of game and lol it's awful

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

There's this guy popped up not too loong ago that does a lot of zeta videos. They are a good watch.

I think the accent helps a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zua4GHhTEH8

This is a pretty legit video. You don't need GK for this comp, but it sure does help.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I just hit a full Rogue One team in arena. They were all in their mid-50s and 4-5 star so I figured my assorted 4-7 star team of mid-60s to 70s Ackbar/Leia/Rey/Luminara/Biggs could deal with them and by the end Baze had so many buffs it took up half the length of my phone screen

Him and K2 were trading taunts and counter-attacking every loving time

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/87693/update-on-new-empire-characters-please

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Introducing Imperial Ground Crewman and Scarif Shield Gate Operator

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Death Troopers and Krennic will be chromium-only

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I'm level 54 and wondering if I should do anything to prep for ships? I've got all three main caps and a handful of fighters with pilots. None of which I have any idea what to do with in 6 levels.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

overdesigned posted:

Death Troopers and Krennic will be chromium-only

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/87712/game-update-1-17-2017#latest

e: Some neat stuff in here:

quote:

Special Operations- Earn shards for Director Krennic and Death Trooper while learning how his skills work during this exclusive limited time event
This 2 week-long operation is actually 4 events in 1, during which players can use Director Krennic and Death Trooper in their own squads using the new forced-ally tech first unveiled in Escape from Jedha.
This event unlocks at player lv 20
No unit restrictions. Bring any squad you want!
More information will be detailed in an upcoming in game newsletter on 1/25

Assault Battles: Ground War
This is a new Assault Battle event aimed at players level 75 and above.
It will run for the first time in February. After which it will return periodically.
In this challenging event you can earn shards of all Separatist characters.
Discover new mechanics and a new challenge for your characters, as well as a bonus tier for the very strongest and most powerful characters. Gear 10+, 5-dot mods, and maxed abilities are strongly recommended.
Requires any combination of Ugnaught, Resistance, or Ewok characters.
Includes the new achievement “Separatists: Assaulted” which awards 10 Darth Vader shards and 5000 ally coins. (Only becomes visible after players reach level 75.)

WHAT’S AHEAD
Recently, we’ve been focusing on Rebels and light side characters. This February, things are changing. Get ready for the dark side.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 18, 2017

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Love that they are making an event that requires the stupidest possible team combination.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

Love that they are making an event that requires the stupidest possible team combination.

Frills, wouldn't Clones + Jedi be the proper characters to fight and earn Separatist shards?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Say what you want of Ugnaught, but don't you dare insult my ewoks.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Jerkface posted:

You're trippin' bruh, Ugnaught required is the coolest thing they have ever done

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

You're trippin' bruh, Ugnaught required is the coolest thing they have ever done

Nah, Chirpatine invalidated Ugnaught.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Any guesses on the new dark side characters?

We know Krennic and deathtroopers, wtf else?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just unlocked the last mod challenge and I'm finally starting to realize how ill-prepared I am to get good mods for my team. I need to build so many teams from scratch now :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
IGD goons, we kicked off another tank raid. P1 damage is in effect right now. P2 damage starts at 8 PM PACIFIC TIME tomorrow evening.

We will also have a rancor raid starting tomorrow morning, with damage also starting at 8PM pacific time.