Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Wildtortilla posted:

Lets get back to funny videos of Sombra recalling off the map!
Yeah, didn't mean to be a jerk about it. My bad.

I watched some of the vod of the IDDQD stream, the Reaper teleporting onto the point and getting put down about 4 times in a row cracked me up. He had 100% of the kills in the fight for a loooooong time. I am going to check when IDDQD reaches my poo poo rear end level and wait for the storm to pass. Wouldn't want IDDQD to bully me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Papercut posted:

Related to the earlier talk, iddqd is ranking up an account from SR600 right now (not sure where he currently is, but he's still in Bastion slam-pick territory):
https://www.twitch.tv/iddqdow

Wow thanks for linking this, watching him 360 everyone as hanzo was one of the most entertaining things I've watched in a while. The whole in game chat was just "REPORT! HACKER!!"

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The rage of his opponents has been gold.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

The rage of his opponents has been gold.

Mostly bronze and silver for now but some gold yes :v:

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I have reached as high as I figure I'll get in comp. I decided to Hanjo it up. Not throw games, per se, just tryhard with the plank thrower. I got 4 golds and POTG in my first attempt at using him on KOTH. Why is he so hated again?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tryhard =/= hanjo :v:

anyway hanzo's hated because you can do things like that when you don't deserve it and because hanzo mains are allergic to the point even when they're tryhards

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SectumSempra posted:

That doesn't even make sense though.

You are operating under the assumption that all 11 other players are playing their A game and that he's ramming his dick into a power socket while they are playing well.

That's not the case, team harmony matters almost more than skill at middle sr's, and is like a requirement higher up then that

The thing is, if you aren't a griefer, then there are five potential griefers on your team and six potential griefers on the enemy team. Statistically, it's more likely that the other team will get a griefer. Also, griefing is a self-limiting behavior - if you're doing nothing but throwing games, your rank will drop quickly and you'll stop getting matched with good players. Neither of these stop someone from having a real unlucky streak and having some bad games, but over time it should eventually even out.

Of course, now that comp games take absolutely forever, it might very well take a lot of time.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

FiestaDePantalones posted:

I have reached as high as I figure I'll get in comp. I decided to Hanjo it up. Not throw games, per se, just tryhard with the plank thrower. I got 4 golds and POTG in my first attempt at using him on KOTH. Why is he so hated again?

because he's the perfect combination of a mechanically weak hero, being attractive to the most useless kind of player, and getting random bullshit kills

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Linx posted:

Wow thanks for linking this, watching him 360 everyone as hanzo was one of the most entertaining things I've watched in a while. The whole in game chat was just "REPORT! HACKER!!"
For his last game, he picked Widow. Cue guy on his team lamenting in allchat how he's going to lose because there's a widow on his team, etc. etc.

Proceeds to dumpster the entire enemy team for the next ~10 or so minutes of gameplay. At the end, the saltlord on his team says "widow, stay as team, we need you"

"yeah, but i don't need you" *leaves match*

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

because he's the perfect combination of a mechanically weak hero, being attractive to the most useless kind of player, and getting random bullshit kills

hanzo hasn't been mechanically weak since they buffed him ages ago, but the rest is true. scatter arrow is the most obnoxious ability in all of overwatch

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Manatee Cannon posted:

hanzo hasn't been mechanically weak since they buffed him ages ago, but the rest is true. scatter arrow is the most obnoxious ability in all of overwatch

he's the seventh-most picked DPS hero (being generous and not counting Mei or Roadhog) in a meta where DPS is kind of in the shitter to begin with

and even then a lot of that is probably starting point shenanigans on King's Row and the like and not actually playing Hanzo for the sake of Hanzo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he's not picked much right now because of d.va; 250 damage is good but not against 4 tanks. he was popular in the 3 tank meta and he'll likely make a comeback on offense when d.va is murdered by the ptr patch, especially if they re-break roadhog

the only problem hanzo has right now is the same thing as a lot of heroes, ie there's no place for him when you want to run 4 tanks and he's not a koth staple like tracer

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like Hanzo against D.va a lot more than a lot of guys, just because it's really easy to do damage to her without exposing myself to much damage from her.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Kings row 3 has an okay nook for the shield.

I would say it's almost impossible to attack it in a couple places but the amount of times I've been in games where the opposing team just lets someone get behind them and pick them off (or break their shield gen) despite having to walk in front of their spawn to do it is a lot.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
lol at iddqd losing at bronze as Mccree and tracer

Maybe elo hell is real

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
I wish I could figure out my mystery hero win rate. I'm pretty sure it's like 10%

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I wish I had never played Mystery Heroes so I could have kept my Bastion playtime at a pristine 0 seconds

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

lol at iddqd losing at bronze as Mccree and tracer

Maybe elo hell is real

you mean the game where he was melee only or the game where he turned off the reticle and hitmarkers

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What is the SR threshold before he has to stop doing gimmicks in order to win?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Manatee Cannon posted:

you mean the game where he was melee only or the game where he turned off the reticle and hitmarkers
there was actually a game early on where he played mostly normal but got randomly 1shot by a torb twice and also his team was getting squashed because 2 of his diamond viewers somehow got on the enemy team

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Manatee Cannon posted:

His first game. It was neither as far as I'm aware. Funny regardless though.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://clips.twitch.tv/iddqdow/PuzzledStarlingTwitchRaid

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

That whole round's a highlight reel. He got a single shot off on Pharah at the point, killed her, and started cracking up bigtime.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

After losing five games in a row I ended up playing one more round on Volskaya and just dove on the points. We won in literally 90 seconds. Then someone on my own team poo poo-talked my POTG where I stormed point B, nearly killing two of the other team and then killing their Mercy, being all "How is that POTG"

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
ok I have to link this as well because it's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time
https://www.twitch.tv/iddqdow/v/115209928?t=02h13m24s

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

I guess what makes it the worst ult? I'm not disagreeing. Ana's sleep dart and Roadhog's hook can nullify many ults, as can Mei's ice wall, as can Genji's reflect. Pharah's barrage is as vulnerable as the tire, but she is the one vulnerable rather than the tire.

Here's the fixes I'd try:
1) 150 health. This would make it what allow 1 more McCree shot?
2) A larger explosion radius. Not much, maybe 15% more. Alternatively increase the damage it does by ~20-25% throughout the radius.
3) Allow to again heal via health packs. Since other vulnerable ults can be shielded or healed this shouldn't be a big deal. And if nothing else you can deny the enemy a health pack.
4) Make it so the tire doesn't need to be on the ground to do maximum damage. This is a really stupid quirk/bug since damage is calculated at the feet for whatever reason when it comes to the tire.
5) Make it build a little slower to compensate slightly for the above changes.

It's not flashy but it could work. Either that or keep it the same but make it a lot quieter after the initial callout. That could inadvertently be a nerf if you use it to distract and/or scatter though.

But hey what will probably happen is Blizzard will make it stupidly strong with 250hp and a Mei sized explosion radius, and Junkrat will become one of the flavors of the day for half a season until he's nerfed back to the point that no one wants to use him anymore.

e: maybe seeerrrioousssly reduced speed. Bastion is a hero that shouldn't ever be good outside of Bronze and Silver in my opinion unless it's a quick surprise attack. He's not very fun to fight against. If anything I'd nerf him more.

Junkrat tire dropped off of high chokepoints like Eichenwald, ILIOS with the house, the Lujiang arena can be good. You wanna approach vertically

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Dropping them off is fine but having the explosion calculated solely at their feet makes it better to let it fall further than you'd normally think!

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

Baseball bro'ing at a super-high level

IronicDongz posted:

ok I have to link this as well because it's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time

This and the part where he stood by the enemy spawn and ran back with a re-spawning enemy Rein pretending to be on his team were 2 of the best parts of this stream. I was dying.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

IronicDongz posted:

:zenpop:

The level of obliviousness is astounding

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
My only issue with symmetra buffs is that her shield ult stacks with multiple symmetras in no limits. If you fail the first push on attack into them you then have to deal with 6 550hp heroes with a teleporter without getting too close to them, and even if you win point a, you then have to deal with it on b. 6 torb is totally beatable, 6 sym is, as far as I can tell, not. I get that its no limits so who cares, but it does make the game mode a lot less fun.

That's my dumb opinion thx for reading.

Sestze posted:

For his last game, he picked Widow. Cue guy on his team lamenting in allchat how he's going to lose because there's a widow on his team, etc. etc.

Proceeds to dumpster the entire enemy team for the next ~10 or so minutes of gameplay. At the end, the saltlord on his team says "widow, stay as team, we need you"

"yeah, but i don't need you" *leaves match*

And this part was solid gold

Jinh fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 17, 2017

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

What do stars under a player's name and level mean when tabbing to check the scoreboard?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Olive Branch posted:

What do stars under a player's name and level mean when tabbing to check the scoreboard?

it means they hit rank 100 and rolled back over to 1 as many times as they have stars

KoB
May 1, 2009

Olive Branch posted:

Just their player level. You can basically just boil it down to playtime.

Each star is 100 levels. So bronze with 4 stars and #64 is level 464.

Silver is 600+

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's the number of times the person has reached level 100, so 2 stars and 50 is level 250. dont worry about level too much, if the game matches a new player with a very high level one then they're probably not very good even with all their time spent. They may have mechanical knowledge but very poor positioning and shooting

E: beaten super hard

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Jinh posted:

It's the number of times the person has reached level 100, so 2 stars and 50 is level 250. dont worry about level too much, if the game matches a new player with a very high level one then they're probably not very good even with all their time spent. They may have mechanical knowledge but very poor positioning and shooting

E: beaten super hard

ah, yes the famed SR 1000, 4-prestige attack Bastion I mentioned up thread

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Jinh posted:

And this part was solid gold

The enemy Mercy in that game will always be able to say he 1v1ed iddqd with Mercy while iddqd was tryharding. That is amazing.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Papercut posted:

Related to the earlier talk, iddqd is ranking up an account from SR600 right now (not sure where he currently is, but he's still in Bastion slam-pick territory):
https://www.twitch.tv/iddqdow

So, correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like his season high was ~2400, which means he had to deliberately throw a poo poo ton of games to tank his rating to get there, and now he's making GBS threads on people who are very obviously worse at the game than he is, and talking poo poo about them?

Isn't that, you know, what assholes do?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

He's actually 4500-4800 on his main account. The whole thing is an experiment to show that ELO hell doesn't exist.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Kamikaze Raider posted:

So, correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like his season high was ~2400, which means he had to deliberately throw a poo poo ton of games to tank his rating to get there, and now he's making GBS threads on people who are very obviously worse at the game than he is, and talking poo poo about them?

iddqd's actual rating is weeeellllll above 4000, I think it is like high 4500s on his main? Pretty sure someone just gave him an account that was intentionally tanked to do this on.

Also he doesn't really talk poo poo to the people he's playing with usually, this one guy was saying "oh poo poo we have a widow we lose" at the pick screen and kept it up in spite of iddqd making GBS threads on the enemy. Only at the very end was he like "pls don't go we need u" and then iddqd said that one burn (he had already said before the map started it was his last game of the day).

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Probably, but he's trying to get from bronze to gm. he's been doing challenges to make it more fair like having to spin in a circle before shooting a hanzo arrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kamikaze Raider posted:

I don't know why he's doing it, but iddqd is one of the top professional DPS players in the world so yeah he's going to be playing people who are much worse at the game than him until he gets into the top-500, basically.