Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The 3ds is distinct from the switch though, in that you can do 2 screen stuff. It's not like PS4/vita where vita is just portable/weak PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Jarogue posted:

More Super Mario Odyssey footage

https://twitter.com/Fobwashed/status/821433899217625088

I wish they made a green or Luigi/Link colored Switch controller and system for launch. I would have have even waited for Splatoon 2 to launch if They had a Splatoon them Switch bundle.

Maybe it's just a dock faceplate. I'm going to buy some Waluigi joycons if they come out.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Waluigi is getting his own game: It's going to be a spin-off of the ?popular? anime Atelier series

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Waluigi Musou

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Waltzing Along posted:

Maybe we need two threads. A hate thread and a love thread. Then the fanboys can have their hug box and the haters can yell at each other and smugly post about how everything sucks. Then we can switch the thread titles.

Paging Moola to the Nintendo Death Thread.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

Jimmy Hats posted:

Waluigi is getting his own game: It's going to be a spin-off of the ?popular? anime Atelier series

There's been what, 17? 18? Atelier games, time for a a crossover to spice up that intense slice of life action.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hungry Bit posted:

Waluigi Musou

Waluigi WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHriors

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Only waluigi could make anime shovelware good

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the waluigi brand is v flexible

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Gamestop took too many preorders and are canning some of them. Watch out.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ahahaha I will go berserk if this happens to me. Why bother posting up a sign with the number of pre-orders allocated to your store if it's not even loving real

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

ahahaha I will go berserk if this happens to me. Why bother posting up a sign with the number of pre-orders allocated to your store if it's not even loving real

They're probably all online orders, don't worry if you're in store

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

dont support gamestop, kill the beast by starving it

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Thus increasing the likelihood that scalpers will jack this poo poo up. I'm just mad because Target said I'll get mine 3/5-3/8 :(

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 362 days!
I think you can add "a 1st-party (priced) Luigi decal skin will be available" firmly in the "pros" column for the Switch. Can't wait!

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Gamestop is a bad, predatory company that I haven't been to in years. The only thing I remember buying from one was $8 worth of crappy DS games a few days ago. Unless they're your only option you should not be shopping at GS.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Beastie posted:

Thus increasing the likelihood that scalpers will jack this poo poo up. I'm just mad because Target said I'll get mine 3/5-3/8 :(

Just curious, but when did you place your order?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm laughing at the people who are going to spend like $600 to get this thing on launch just to play a video game that is also coming out for another cheaper system at the same time. Many of whom likely already own that system.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

The Pirate Captain posted:

Gamestop is a bad, predatory company that I haven't been to in years. The only thing I remember buying from one was $8 worth of crappy DS games a few days ago. Unless they're your only option you should not be shopping at GS.

I'll let you know when I can preorder a game console from my local organic co-op. As it is, I trust Gamestop way more than I trust Best Buy to not completely gently caress up my order.

I'd order from Amazon, but they don't have the best track record with Nintendo consoles lately.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

I think you can add "a 1st-party (priced) Luigi decal skin will be available" firmly in the "pros" column for the Switch. Can't wait!

Nintendo Switch Pros

- The only console with Waluigi

Nintendo Switch Cons

- No Waluigi until late April

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
waaaa

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

aaaaaaa

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

The Pirate Captain posted:

i got rodea the sky soldier for $14 because they rang up a new copy as used for some reason so i really can't complain there

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I am spending $490 + however much Bomberman costs on this at launch for the system, Zelda, Bomberman, an extra pair of joycons and a charging grip, and an extra usb-C charger for the road.

Though $300 of it I already paid in various gift cards I had horded over the last year. I suppose tack another $40 on there as I'll probably get a 128gb MicroSDXC card to keep eShop and other smaller content on.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm laughing at the people who are going to spend like $600 to get this thing on launch just to play a video game that is also coming out for another cheaper system at the same time. Many of whom likely already own that system.

Lol like they have a WiiU.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
It seems more likely that Nintendo isn't getting their promised allocation to Gamestop rather than Gamestop knowingly selling more than they would get, especially if this is happening with in-store preorders :shrug:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Switch version of Zelda is, by all appearances, the superior version, as well. Like, I could play it on the WiiU, but there are a bunch of graphical concessions in like the lighting engine and stuff.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

deadly_pudding posted:

I'll let you know when I can preorder a game console from my local organic co-op. As it is, I trust Gamestop way more than I trust Best Buy to not completely gently caress up my order.

I'd order from Amazon, but they don't have the best track record with Nintendo consoles lately.

YMMV I guess. Other than digital downloads, I've bought all of my games and hardware from either Amazon or Bestbuy for the past 5 years or so without issue. From Amazon, I got 2 different DS models and 2 different 3DS models with no issue. This worse thing that Amazon ever did to me was ship stuff via DHL, which DHL then lost because they are as bad as Gamestop.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

exser posted:

Just curious, but when did you place your order?

The morning after the conference on the train to work. Couldn't have been later than 8am Central.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Beastie posted:

The morning after the conference on the train to work. Couldn't have been later than 8am Central.

Weird, I ordered around the same time, maybe just a little earlier, and my order details on the target site says my expected delivery is March 3rd.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
SNIPPERCLIPS

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

greatn posted:

I am spending $490 + however much Bomberman costs on this at launch for the system, Zelda, Bomberman, an extra pair of joycons and a charging grip, and an extra usb-C charger for the road.

Though $300 of it I already paid in various gift cards I had horded over the last year. I suppose tack another $40 on there as I'll probably get a 128gb MicroSDXC card to keep eShop and other smaller content on.

I'll probably spend $500 on just the system and whatever the largest MicroSDXC I can find that's in the 200 range because in the last year I've SWITCHED to almost entirely digital games unless the physical version is significantly cheaper. Any games I buy would be on top of that :(

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

deadly_pudding posted:

Switch version of Zelda is, by all appearances, the superior version, as well. Like, I could play it on the WiiU, but there are a bunch of graphical concessions in like the lighting engine and stuff.

I'd like to play BOTW but since I got a wii U in 2015 expecting to play it in a few months, well, I can just wait for a splatoon bundle and get the switch then.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Soul Glo posted:

It seems more likely that Nintendo isn't getting their promised allocation to Gamestop rather than Gamestop knowingly selling more than they would get, especially if this is happening with in-store preorders :shrug:

This always happens with Gamestop, no matter the parent company or product. They took more preorders than they had available.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm gonna hold off on the MicroSD card for now. I did order a battery and USB-C cable so I can play things in portable mode for a worthwhile amount of time, though.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TFRazorsaw posted:

This always happens with Gamestop, no matter the parent company or product. They took more preorders than they had available.

Yeah, it was especially bad with Deadly Premonition. :sigh:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Excuse me, thread.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
We had that talk about the dock, and since it's just a fancy USB-C hub with a HDMI output, I wonder if you can use other brand USB-C hubs instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Excuse me, thread.

:vince:

• Locked thread