Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ryoga posted:

Now that I have watch the trailer I'm shocked that nobody has mentioned the best thing about it, full body cutscene portaits! The small face boxes were one of the biggest things I have hated about the games since Z2.
Haha, yeah! This was my fist pump while watching. I couldn't remember how long it's been since we had it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Rascyc posted:

Haha, yeah! This was my fist pump while watching. I couldn't remember how long it's been since we had it.

Z again, I think, if you don't count OG. In many ways V feels like someone finally decided after Z3 that they need to cut the poo poo and make a proper modern console SRW that at least looks like an update of how they used to make console SRWs, even if it's also on Vita.

Actually it might still look crappier on Vita. I think all the images have had "captured from a PS4" disclaimers on them.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm gonna miss Shinn's terrible Z3 portrait.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

drrockso20 posted:

There's also the really poorly done Uber Violence that is a consistent issue with Hirai shows(if not quite as horrid as SEED's was)

Four main problems. I now expect a fifth to pop up and for this to devolve into The Spanish Inquisition sketch.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, at least the FMP animations look improved compared to how they looked in Z3. Also, hot drat did they blow the budget on Kouji and Tetsuya's rides this time. :stare:

Dirty Deeds Done posted:

That was a pretty great PV but like, no ZZ in there at all? maaaan
You can see Beecha (in the Zeta Gundam for some reason) and Elle during the Extra Action abilities segment.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
So if I'm interested in getting the preorder stuff like the robots but also want the English version, is my best bet to just preorder from Play-Asia? I was thinking of getting it off the Singapore PSN, but I don't see any way to get the preorder stuff from there.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm gonna spend all the points and skills and money on the Grungust and Huckebein.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Inferno-sama posted:

Four main problems. I now expect a fifth to pop up and for this to devolve into The Spanish Inquisition sketch.
the mecha designs and combat scenes are pretty uninspired?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

AradoBalanga posted:

You can see Beecha (in the Zeta Gundam for some reason) and Elle during the Extra Action abilities segment.

Give us Captain Beecha already!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Gyra_Solune posted:

(remember when mazinger had that in alpha gaiden, that ultra weak freezing beam you never used because every super robot in that game had weird weak attacks that were in literally every way inferior to a basic thing that cost no resources, Combattler had an entire drat page of em)

My favourite example was the game they made the spike launchers behind the fist have ammo because of course they do, but he never runs out so it has 99. I forget which game that was exactly. Alpha 1? F/FF?

It's just, why??

Prism fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 17, 2017

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

the mecha designs and combat scenes are pretty uninspired?

Can't speak to the fight choreo but I like the robots and I weirdly kind of like the principle of a mecha having a figurehead.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ryoga posted:

Give us Captain Beecha already!
Who knows? Maybe you can swap Otto and Beecha around as the captain of the Nahel Argama (assuming it's in the game).

Actually, Yurika looks like she's in the Nadesico C in the trailer and not the Nadesico A, so if captain swapping is back, Captain Beecha may actually happen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caphi posted:

Can't speak to the fight choreo but I like the robots and I weirdly kind of like the principle of a mecha having a figurehead.
rather, the mech is a cool mech, the problem is all the mechs are basically the same, even the vilkiss

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Caphi posted:

Hell yeah, the mech design is pretty great.

And if you like mechs with figureheads, you'd like the Woundwort.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Hell yeah, the mech design is pretty great.

And if you like mechs with figureheads, you'd like the Woundwort.

one day we will get more of the neat side novel/manga things

one day

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hey man, we're just over a month away from having Xi and Penelope in a game.

Everything has been leading up to this one perfect moment.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

do you think they'll bother giving us Hathway's Messer buddies, or will it literally just be the xi and the penelope

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It says "units only" I don't know if that helps.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

It says "units only" I don't know if that helps.

At very least Penelope is in as an enemy unit so it isn't entirely units only the way Nu/Sazabi exist without any CCA plot at all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I feel like what they mean by 'unit only' is that the characters will be around and have their motivations/goals from the novel but the events of the novel won't happen. They'll have a role in the plot of the game.

Like, hathaway will be terroristing, just not the terrorist things he did in hathaway's flash.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

I feel like what they mean by 'unit only' is that the characters will be around and have their motivations/goals from the novel but the events of the novel won't happen. They'll have a role in the plot of the game.

Like, hathaway will be terroristing, just not the terrorist things he did in hathaway's flash.

It's sort of hard to imagine though because honestly Hathaway's Flash isn't exactly a particularly thick story. Hathaway fighting Penelope already covers a big chunk of it that would be in a SRW, unless they cut out like the commander guy and the luck lady and just have Penelope being basically a random rear end in a top hat you fight.

I mean I assume it isn't going to end with Hathaway getting executed but y'know that's more on SRW plot diversion than anything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean, hes such a random rear end in a top hat that you forgot his name was lane anyway :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

i mean, hes such a random rear end in a top hat that you forgot his name was lane anyway :v:

To be fair G Generation couldn't remember if it was Rein or Lane either!

Honestly he's such a boring dude, the only interesting guy from Hathaway's Flash is Kenneth anyway and only barely.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hathaway's flash is one of those things that is way more interesting as a summary on a gundam wiki than as an actual thing

'zeorymer guy designs gundams' is the best part of it

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm still more interested in the setting than anything. There is apparently still action happening on the bombed-out hellscape that is Earth, so I assume the likes of Mazinger, Getter, and Gain are the only things keeping civilization down there afloat.

Come to think of it, it's kind of weird that Earth is already post-apocalyptic, but Ryoma's the one in the main Getter and not Black. Unless the entire series is over and Gou is kicking around in space somewhere?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

I'm still more interested in the setting than anything. There is apparently still action happening on the bombed-out hellscape that is Earth, so I assume the likes of Mazinger, Getter, and Gain are the only things keeping civilization down there afloat.

Come to think of it, it's kind of weird that Earth is already post-apocalyptic, but Ryoma's the one in the main Getter and not Black. Unless the entire series is over and Gou is kicking around in space somewhere?

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case so they have an excuse to bring Shin Dragon in late-game without having to redo the entire Getter Robo Armageddon plot yet again.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Given Nadesico and Daitarn, I had assumed there was a pretty good population and going to be action - on Mars.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

hathaway's flash is one of those things that is way more interesting as a summary on a gundam wiki than as an actual thing

'zeorymer guy designs gundams' is the best part of it

Yeah, that's pretty much the thrust of it. It's a whatever story but it closes out Bright's military career and has two amazing main suits, and that's enough for me.

I can't wait to never let either suit out of my active dispatch team unless actively forced to. Assuming you get Penelope too, that is.

Though I am with Solune on that I'd totally be down for more side stuff. I don't even know what I'd do with myself if AoZ or Sentinel got in. Deep Striker, FAZZ, Woundwort, Fiver, Hazel :circlefap:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really hope you can kick Hathaway out of the Xi so I can give it to, I don't know, Beecha.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Same but Roux.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Caphi posted:

I kind of hope they go with that because, while it's rare, SRW can do post-series entries well when they actually try. G Gundam in MX is a excellent example of this with Domon the Teacher/Evil Mentor Support Group.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Televisio Frankus posted:

I kind of hope they go with that because, while it's rare, SRW can do post-series entries well when they actually try. G Gundam in MX is a excellent example of this with Domon the Teacher/Evil Mentor Support Group.

It's possible, though whether this means they're pulling an Alpha 3 or a Z3 is what puzzles me. On the website, there is a map picture which shows Black Getter, but whether this is what he starts with like in Z3 and Z3.2 or if it's a secret like in Alpha 3 remains to be seen. Or they might be doing the series, since one of the Invaders appears in the recent video.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

AradoBalanga posted:

Well, at least the FMP animations look improved compared to how they looked in Z3. Also, hot drat did they blow the budget on Kouji and Tetsuya's rides this time. :stare:

I was going to say how FMP looks better animated but something about it still seems off. Like the heads are just slightly too big compared to the bodies. Mazinger and Great look amazing in their upgrade forms. Here's hoping we get more if not all the story from Zero. Might Gain's units seems really under powered compared to the other units but maybe they'll have good stats. I'm really hoping we get Yurika and the OG Nadesico so I can roll in with 3 Nadesico ships, Crossbones Flagship, Bright's ride, and the Yamato and ship battle the enemy into submission.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm really curious how absurdly OP the Yamato is going to be. I mean it's the first time a carrier has been the true flagship aside from maybe Nadesico, they're probably going to err on the side of it being an unstoppable god.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Well, if Shin Dragon is in this game...

Okita has a unique pilot skill and I don't think they've ever said what it does. It's probably something supporty, though (not that that says anything about Yamato's own offensive capabilities). Something to do with ExC maybe, to showcase the ExOrder system?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I really hope you can kick Hathaway out of the Xi so I can give it to, I don't know, Beecha.
Nothing will stop me from giving the controls to Mondo. Nothing. :unsmigghh:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Same but Roux.
Even before I know anything about ZZ Gundam I knew I liked Roux. She's like "out of my loving way I'm Roux Louka and I'm wearing a Rainbow Brite space suit".

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Samurai Sanders posted:

Even before I know anything about ZZ Gundam I knew I liked Roux. She's like "out of my loving way I'm Roux Louka and I'm wearing a Rainbow Brite space suit".

I played Alpha 3 and didn't really care for her, mostly cause she's basically a squaddie in that game. I watched ZZ and my opinion went from "Eh" to "She's great" when she first showed up, which involved knocking a guy out with a metal pipe.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Roux rules. She is probably my favorite character in ZZ.

In ZZ, I could not stand Beecha and Mondo. They tried to kill Judau and screw their friends over like the whole first half of the show. Mondo grew on me a bit (after is Kai-like arc, but he's no Kai) but Beecha never did. I don't know what Bright was smoking during ZZ, but it was clear he was doing something because he gave like no fucks during ZZ. It's a crime how Beecha and Mondo get off scott free for all of their bullshit but Roux got punished for being out of line like once. She didn't try to murder Judau with some mines. Beecha got rewarded with the captain's chair.

I also don't hate Katz or Hathaway for whatever reason. CCA Hathaway kills Chan and that sucks, but the one from Beltorchika's Children didn't so Hathaway's Flash Hathaway is fine with me. Him and Katz are just a dumb kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I will remind you that Plan "Strap the ZZ with mines" worked wonderfully.

• Locked thread