Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Do they use a huge horse needle through your calf? I hear that's excruciating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Helldump Immunity posted:

Donated marrow so I'm exempt from all charities/donations for the rest of my life.

Ow

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days

lite_sleepr posted:

Do they use a huge horse needle through your calf? I hear that's excruciating.

Pelvis. I opted to be put under instead of that local poo poo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

They also do some other poo poo where they give you some drugs to make your bone marrow cells multiply 5 days beforehand and then just skim them out of your blood like platelet donation.

Agreedo on general anaesthesia for anything involving getting jabbed with a horse needle, gently caress that poo poo.

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days
They told me you can still "feel" them work on you as well as hear all the interesting crunching sounds with the local anesthetic and I was like lol no thanks bub.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

That reminded me that poo poo like this exists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNUDm5YtAqQ

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mr. Mambold posted:

Yeah this. Or knock the estimated amount off price.

gently caress no. Because the estimated price can skyrocket astronomically if there's additional damage or anything doesn't go according to plan.

This is my favorite baseball card. I've got one in an LA Gear shoebox somewhere.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

They told me you can still "feel" them work on you as well as hear all the interesting crunching sounds with the local anesthetic and I was like lol no thanks bub.

Yeah, I have that issue with local in general. Whenever I get dental work done I get IV sedation.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I got enough of that when they ripped 4 wisdom teeth out of my head under a local, no loving way am i letting someone do anything involving crunchy noises and being able to "feel" them do anything again with me being awake.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Any recommendations for good podcasts similar to Hardcore History or The History of English?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
What are those pod casts about?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
History.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Apparently I destroyed my neck by the mere act of sleeping last night. To say that I'm uncomfortable is an understatement.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

Apparently I destroyed my neck by the mere act of sleeping last night. To say that I'm uncomfortable is an understatement.

Getting old sucks :(

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I'm quoting this but I had it happen to me when I was 24, so...

Also apparently the trick is that there is no trick, I just rolled my neck until I could at least look at both shoulders and it eventually went away.

I'm also the guy that "walked off" his knee locking up for two days so I may not be the best guy to take medical advice from

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Vicodin is the cure of all of life's ills.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My neck is loosening up as I move around. But for real getting old does suck.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
It's time for a new pillow. Sometime within the last few weeks mine went from seemingly normal to a rock. Any good ones to look for or avoid?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Naked Bear posted:

It's time for a new pillow. Sometime within the last few weeks mine went from seemingly normal to a rock. Any good ones to look for or avoid?

Bed bath and beyond sells a cooling memory foam pillow.

It owns.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Contoured pillows are bae. It's a night and day difference sleeping on a nice, firm memory foam contoured pillow and a normal one.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I drunkbought a refurbed Surface Pro 3 the other night and I couldn't cancel it, so for the time being I have a Surface Pro 3 on the way.

How's the lifespan? It'll be used primarily for school. I might just return it but I'm not sure.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I have a pro 4 for work. The stylus is next level. I imagine it would work great for annotating notes and general note taking.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Get the surface pro 4 keyboard/typepad it's really good

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Any recommendations for good podcasts similar to Hardcore History or The History of English?

I know you're probably looking for history podcasts, but if you dig the linguistics side of the History of English as much I have a couple of recommendations of you're interested.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

ManMythLegend posted:

I know you're probably looking for history podcasts, but if you dig the linguistics side of the History of English as much I have a couple of recommendations of you're interested.

Sure that would be excellent.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Fuckkkk after "owing" $10k and getting dicked around for months, finally got my GI Bill debt sorted. Goodness. In the end I ended up making some cash. What a pain in the dick though. To be fair it was mostly on my school and not the VA :feelsgood:

Now I eagerly await my next notice of overpayment for thousands of dollars 🙄

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Took Hector to the vet today. He's 6lbs already and just barely 4 months old.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dude's gonna be a big boy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

One handsome cat.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

I have a pro 4 for work. The stylus is next level. I imagine it would work great for annotating notes and general note taking.

So does a pad and pen, for a fraction of the cost.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

One handsome cat.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
eBenefits has completely poo poo the bed on me. I can log in fine, but whenever I try to access literally anything (what is my disability rating? When was my last benefits payment made? Who am I?), I'm told that the application I'm trying to access is temporarily unavailable or that my information cannot be retrieved at this time.

Well done, VA. Well done.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I'm going to try and remove 'bread' from my diet for this week. By bread, I mean the stuff in bags that come by the loaf, or baguettes. I will still mange pasta and long grain brown rice.

See how this goes.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I got my VA health care tax form yesterday. Color me surprised that it showed up before April 15th.

Also, my cousin is a dumbass and ate around a dozen cymbalta last night before going to the ER an hour later. Haven't heard back from him since he checked into the ER, so he's probably under 72 hour suicide watch in a crazy wing somewhere in Texas. Any reason I should worry about him having physical ailments from this besides a wicked stomach ache? Dude's not a vet, just naturally crazy as gently caress. One day he'll succeed at self-checkout, and of course we're all worried about that, but I'm curious what eating a dozen Cymbalta would do to him physiologically. If anyone knows.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I got my VA health care tax form yesterday. Color me surprised that it showed up before April 15th.

Also, my cousin is a dumbass and ate around a dozen cymbalta last night before going to the ER an hour later. Haven't heard back from him since he checked into the ER, so he's probably under 72 hour suicide watch in a crazy wing somewhere in Texas. Any reason I should worry about him having physical ailments from this besides a wicked stomach ache? Dude's not a vet, just naturally crazy as gently caress. One day he'll succeed at self-checkout, and of course we're all worried about that, but I'm curious what eating a dozen Cymbalta would do to him physiologically. If anyone knows.

I'd imagine he'll go through some nasty discontinuation symptoms if they didn't purge his stomach. Spiking the dosage like that if he was already on a steady dosage might lead to those, but I'm not a doctor.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If he got a shot of charcoal at all, it was likely at least two hours after the fact.

This is not a one time thing and he legitimately should not be living on his own. Last time was a freak out over a possible bad combination (mdma, his meds, and probably a dab of coke, definitely booze) and even though that was "accidental" it still made the rounds.

He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and his father's side (not blood side) has schizophrenia and wicked drug abuse issues (coke, amphetamines). I'd like to be of greater help to him but I'm not moving to Texas and he's not moving up here with me. Too much crazy already in this apartment.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
oh man I forgot how yummy apples and peanut butter is as an after dinner snack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Oh boy a long weekend in San Diego at the Hilton on the beach. drat shame I have to "work".

• Locked thread