Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
channers and anti-fa united as one to take down the lamest gang of nazi dorks the world has ever seen. look out picachu1488, you're next on the chopping block.

*edit: the Chapo Reality Distortion Effect is Real.

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/821469328486887424

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Obama just owned Felix

https://twitter.com/charlie_savage/status/821466204179144704

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

obama did a good thing!!!!!!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

channers and anti-fa united as one to take down the lamest gang of nazi dorks the world has ever seen. look out picachu1488, you're next on the chopping block.

i remember channers and antifa united to take down white supremacist radio host hal turner. we'd call into his show and ask him about his thoughts on battletoads and how they related to the zionist occupation government.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

obama did a good thing!!!!!!

lol trump gonna nullify it first thing

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Forums Terrorist posted:

lol trump gonna nullify it first thing

Pretty much. Why wouldn't he make it effective immediately?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Famethrowa posted:

Pretty much. Why wouldn't he make it effective immediately?

This is Obama's entire oeuvre, my man. Make a grand gesture in a way that gets torpedoed by the Right.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

because obama's a gutless sack of poo poo who hates whistleblowing and he wanted the free kudos without actually letting her out

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

actually, no, obama's not gutless, he's a nixon level monster

trump, and by extension everything trump enables and represents, is his legacy now

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Obama: gave good speeches while he blew up both the Middle East and the Democratic Party. What a guy.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

supposedly trump can't interfere by law because it's an issue of due procehahahahaha

JEFFERSON BEAUREGARD SESSIONS III *deliverance banjo*

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I don't think the next pres is allowed to reverse pardons/commutations, and congress/fed courts aren't either: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/06/opinion/president-obamas-last-chance-to-show-mercy.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&smtyp=cur&_r=1 But that's the only mention I've found of commutations being un-reversable.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

emdash posted:

I don't think the next pres is allowed to reverse pardons/commutations, and congress/fed courts aren't either: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/06/opinion/president-obamas-last-chance-to-show-mercy.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&smtyp=cur&_r=1 But that's the only mention I've found of commutations being un-reversable.

Forums Terrorist posted:

JEFFERSON BEAUREGARD SESSIONS III *deliverance banjo*

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

if you're ever arguing with someone who says that trump can't do x because law or due process just use that quote

confederacy homunculus is gonna hook him up somehow

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

I don't disagree with you

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

oh ok :shobon:

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

emdash posted:

Seems like pardons have been reversed by successors before.

http://swampland.time.com/2008/12/25/more-on-pardons/

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I mean, here's the thing: If you think Mike Pence and his loving crew are gonna let a transperson whistleblower walk without a fight...hmmph. And who is going to march for Chelsea? Half the libs and all the GOP think she's a traitor. I'm not hopeful.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/KateAronoff/status/821387398751911936

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i remember channers and antifa united to take down white supremacist radio host hal turner. we'd call into his show and ask him about his thoughts on battletoads and how they related to the zionist occupation government.

wanna make the point that this was a long time ago pre pol before the site got ins anely racist

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Came here to post this. Lmao, Dan Nainan's is truly the worlds funniest comedian but not for the reason he thinks

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

gently caress. gently caress. What if Dan is the new Andy Kaufman?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/carl_diggler/status/821491657065558016

In these uncertain times, at least we now know the Dig's struggles with family court will be a constant.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Goddamn, you beat me by like, a second.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

New Chapo, and it's a weird one.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
holy loving moly that episode description

quote:

This is the first of a two-part radio play/tabletop game run by Virgil, who locked us in a room to play Call of Cthulhu. Turning the clock back to the 1920s, the guys act out a Lovecraftian cosmic horror-noir.

Will plays a disturbed, incestuous race scientist, Felix a military valor-stealer turned jazz vocalist, and Matt a medically trained decrepit foot fetishist. They receive an odd message from a grotesque, half-man, half-baseball that leads them to uncover dark secrets in the heart of our young nation’s capital…

I need to go to sleep but I feel like a kid on christmas eve

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

padijun posted:

holy loving moly that episode description

I need to go to sleep but I feel like a kid on christmas eve

At least make it to the wax cylinder in the beginning.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Felix's rapping really rides the line between funny-annoying and just actually annoying.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I mean, here's the thing: If you think Mike Pence and his loving crew are gonna let a transperson whistleblower walk without a fight...hmmph. And who is going to march for Chelsea? Half the libs and all the GOP think she's a traitor. I'm not hopeful.

The libs will all ride for her now because Obama

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The Time Dissolver posted:

Felix's rapping really rides the line between funny-annoying and just actually annoying.

It was actually obnoxious, but the rest was great, especially the wax cylinder bit. I'd love to play in a Chapo tabletop sesh, great production values.

I'd legit listen to a whole spin off of the boys doing various tabletop settings with dumb topical scenario riffs.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Corek posted:

I love that it was Nazis who worked hard to expose these guys for basically bucket-crab reasons

Hey not all 8chaners are nazis, some of them are insane gamergators and/or pedos.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sandweed posted:

Hey not all 8chaners are nazis, some of them are insane gamergators and/or pedos.

yea not all squares are rectangles

also man I can't wait to listen to the new episode

e: this is already gold. "This is exactly what the Torah is, we're doing Judaism"

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 18, 2017

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan
14:13 :discourse:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

is that the pope

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan
:cthulhu: I hope some fan illustrations come out from this. :3:

Pale Peril fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 18, 2017

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

"Miscatonic U! Go Fighting Squids!"

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
welp the allure of listening to the guys play a tabletop RPG finally got me to to subscribe on Patreon and officially become a Grey Wolf.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Jackie D posted:

The libs will all ride for her now because Obama

I genuinely hope you are right.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Tatum Girlparts posted:

is that the pope

https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/712359002064199680

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
They don't know the true dark secret to Call of Cthulhu, which is that you need the right type of gorilla mindset to just deliver incredibly powerful headbutts to everything in sight.

Also I was expecting more sanity damage from the Young Pope being revealed to be Irish, but there you go