Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mirificus posted:

Any idea when 3.0 comes out?

Star Citizen - One or the other will drop to distract from the whichever gets released after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Also, this loving idiot calling himself The Chairman like he's Frank Sinatra or some other hot poo poo.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So...are things actually worse than usual, as opposed to the holding pattern things have been in for the last 2 years?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Breetai posted:

So my best friend who is a huge fan of bad movies (we've seen The Room together like 4 times) is coming to Adelaide (home of the best arble garble since she was a whatever) to visit me, and I feel like completely ruining our friendship entirely by watching Wing Commander with her, completely blind (apart from having seen the bulldozer scene).

A bottle of Captain Morgan will be involved.

Does anyone have any suggestions for drinking games for the movie that will leave us emotionally vulnerable and weeping, but not to the point of insensibility (because that way we can't feel the pain triple every second)?

I've only listed to a podcast review, but from what I gathered "Take a shot whenever someone questions an order" is a good starting one.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Hav posted:

To be fair, Overgrowth looks weirdly great, although I might have already owned it for five years or so. A bunny-brawler can't go hugely wrong (nottafurry).

I never pre-ordered but I'm strangely well disposed to Overgrowth, in spite of how lovely early access is as a concept these days (this thing started like 7 years ago or something well before that became the standard model for scammers and lazy shitheads).

I've been following it from a distance for years, and while the pace of development was probably frustrating to people with skin in the game, they never pretended it would be quick, never gave deadlines or made promises and were, for most of the dev time, a *miniscule* team of about 4 people. Development seemed pretty open, there were some great writeups of various game design topics in the blog, and there seem to be some excellent modding/community tools built right into the core of the engine (which was built specifically for the game). Plus they did chuck in a few freebies like Low Light Combat and Receiver to sweeten the deal.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Breetai posted:

So my best friend who is a huge fan of bad movies (we've seen The Room together like 4 times) is coming to Adelaide (home of the best arble garble since she was a whatever) to visit me, and I feel like completely ruining our friendship entirely by watching Wing Commander with her, completely blind (apart from having seen the bulldozer scene).

Does anyone have any suggestions for drinking games for the movie that will leave us emotionally vulnerable and weeping, but not to the point of insensibility (because that way we can't feel the pain triple every second)?

Take a drink every time something on screen happens that is literally wwii in space

(Space depth charges, space sonar, running silent) etc

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Sappo569 posted:

Take a drink every time something on screen happens that is literally wwii in space

I thought telling someone to kill themselves was against forum rules. :v:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Sappo569 posted:

Fuckin' hell man, why don't you just come out and say "kill yourself".

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

:hfive:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Also, this loving idiot calling himself The Chairman like he's Frank Sinatra or some other hot poo poo.

No you see Chris is a real life big shot CEO and movie director and you will show him the proper respect and furthermore

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

:captainpop:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Breetai posted:

First of all, you need to go into that thing with really low expectations. You'll be hard-pressed to make it through. I've attempted it a few times. The drinking game goes out the window when your brain figures out you basically to need drink constantly to dull the pain in the first ten minutes. The side effect of that is you'll end up dozing off saving you from permanent mental damage.

Or you can take one for the team and attempt the Lesnick Challenge. That will set you apart from mere mortals.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

I don't understand how Wing Commander:The Movie has made it this far without a Rifftrax or at least a WHMpodcast or similar.

:iiam:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
What's the lesnick challenge again?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Xaerael posted:

I don't understand how Wing Commander:The Movie has made it this far without a Rifftrax or at least a WHMpodcast or similar.

:iiam:

Because it's not funny bad, it's just poo poo.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Breetai posted:

It was to eat some horrible amount of food , like a domino's big box something or other usually reserved for a football team

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

that's like exactly how triggers don't work

They do if they're full-auto.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Breetai posted:

Its the lesnick memorial challenge and you had to eat a pizza hut triple threat box

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I had the same thought, which means it definitely should not happen.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
PU townhall thing is up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5zqdq9Ay_Q

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its the lesnick memorial challenge and you had to eat a pizza hut triple threat box

Pizza Hut Triple Treat Box (2 medium pizzas, bread sticks, and a giant cookie) and a 2 liter bottle of soda.

By yourself.

Jinkeez
Dec 31, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

It's hilarious to watch Chris and Tony try to out-handwave each other. It's like some kind of interpretive dance.

As for the content I didn't even bother listening. All I heard was scope creep and DREAMS.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

For reference , Ben is the one who was hospitalized last year for health issues but is as fit as a horse according to his doctor

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I think the doctor actually said "Won't fit on a horse," but I wasn't there.

Someone who can Photoshop (i.e. not me) needs to replace Crobblers with one of those inflatable wavy man things like they have at used car places.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

http://i.imgur.com/X6mw3Bd.gifv

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

This is how dreams are made.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Because it's not funny bad, it's just poo poo.

After seeing their newest Christmas special, I think Mike, Kevin and Bill can tackle anything.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lol when was this

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Cocaine is a helluva drug, you've just got to grin and bear it!

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
:madmax:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

also is the guy talking about lore because that would be the second time someone starts dozing off when talking about SC lore

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Breetai posted:

drink everytime matthew lillard looks like he just wandered onto set and is completely confused to what's happening with a really derpy look on his face and/or looks like he is about to cry or pout.

"Who are you people. What is this. I'm going to smile because I don't know what else to do."

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

Thanks. I was probated, so I couldn't answer.

You don't know then.

I'll take a stab in the dark and say crobbers contribution to Freelancer was approx gently caress all beyond some frantic hand waving.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

No NOO NOOO!

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Lots of great info in the Subscribers Town Hall. Really good knowing these guys are directing things.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Lots of great info in the Subscribers Town Hall. Really good knowing these guys are directing things.

Agreed, it's good to hear things that were said four years ago haven't changed.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Daztek posted:

Agreed, it's good to hear things that were said four years ago haven't changed.

Dont be silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

:holymoley:

tax: