Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

*spills coffee* gah the CIA has done it again

THEY MOVED MY SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Thats good that Manning got commuted, now pardon Snowden Barry, do it.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

paranoid randroid posted:

*spills coffee* gah the CIA has done it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEVW4AY4nJI

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

LmaoTheKid posted:

He isn't gonna pardon a guy who ran in to the arms of Russia, whether it was for self preservation or not.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Maybe pardoning Manning was about undercutting Snowden's self-preservation argument.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LmaoTheKid posted:

there's a huge difference between pardoning someone actually in jail and pardoning a dude who ran to another country instantly and then got work with their government news

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Tatum Girlparts posted:

there's a huge difference between pardoning someone actually in jail and pardoning a dude who ran to another country instantly and then got work with their government news

I really don't care. Get him back here with immunity somehow.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Little baby didn't want to get tortured.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Manning is gonna get resentenced for 1000 years under Trump.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

GlyphGryph posted:

Here's the actual story:
Democratic Party rethink gets $20 million injection
Centrist think tank Third Way is launching a campaign to help Democrats reconnect with voters who abandoned them

The takeaway seems to be that they are looking at this election and strongly reconsidering whether or not a strategy based around demographics being destiny is really the right way forward, but that first and foremost we must prevent the Left from having any real say in the party.

From the same writer who gave us Clinton aides blame loss on everything but themselves

lmao what a bunch of failures, they would rather lose on their centrist third way bull poo poo than win with progressive candidates who will win back the working class.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
"Trump reverses Manning pardon as paperwork had incorrect name Chelsea" CNN headline 1/20/17

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Gotta think positive. They'll spend the $20 million, do the polling, the focus groups, and craft the messaging, and come to the conclusion that no one likes their bullshit policies anymore. "We conclude that our ideology is a big wet turd. Now pay me."

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/821482169960976384

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bad dems are very dishonest '

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/01/why-wont-liberals-like-sally-albright-stop-lying-a.html

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:getin:

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/821485730430144514

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

"On the recommendation of former Attorney General Eric Holder, I hereby commute Wall Street from ever getting prosecuted for anything ever."

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Aurubin posted:

"On the recommendation of former Attorney General Eric Holder, I hereby commute Wall Street from ever getting prosecuted for anything ever."

commendable effort, but it's not a commutation shitpost until you work in some transphobia about chelsea manning

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
my secret hope is that he pardons hillary

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

same

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Joementum posted:

he should pardon donald trump for something really, really, really, really menial. like stealing a bag of m&ms, or that one time he misused charity funds to pay for his kids boy scout enrollment fee

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

the key take away

quote:

This is how a losing faction that has no business holding the reins of power tries to fool you into voting against your interests and keeping them at the top of the Washington dung heap. I can’t emphasize this next part enough: They are just like Republicans.

Except unlike Republicans, they constantly lose.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Bad Dems love to make fake news out of real facts. Lets them pretend they arent the lovely lying assholes everyone knows they are

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Annihilate the rich

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Regulation Size posted:

Annihilate the rich

trying to!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the key take away

lol

Except unlike Republicans, they constantly lose.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the key take away

:nattyburn:

I want to imagine that person whom is the subject of the article reading it and feeling an overwhelming mixture of anger and shame, but I can't believe anything good can happen on this gay planet any more.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

*holds ur hand as we stare into each others eyes and smile for the first time in years*

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

etalian posted:

lmao what a bunch of failures, they would rather lose on their centrist third way bull poo poo than win with progressive candidates who will win back the working class.

*leans into microphone*

Correct

They would rather have Trump poo poo all over the country for 8 years and run a platform of poo poo but with maybe some corn kernels in it than risk fundamental change to the system. There are no sweet, well paid, lobbying positions at the end of the road for them with progressive change.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Someone made that exact health industry donation argument in this thread didnt they? Who was it?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the key take away

if they constantly lose then how come they run the party

do not underestimate the enemy

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
oh that's you glyphgryph, you've changed

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GlyphGryph posted:

Someone made that exact health industry donation argument in this thread didnt they? Who was it?

I'm sure it was one of the usual suspects, cc or zg.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/821503742721847297

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

my posts or just my face?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

GlyphGryph posted:

my posts or just my face?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I wonder how bad dems can argue for the competency of the current leadership despite being the political equivalent of the Cleveland browns

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Main Paineframe posted:

if they constantly lose then how come they run the party

do not underestimate the enemy

It's almost as though the guys that are really good friends with moneyed interests have more money than the guys who want to break up the moneyed interests! How could this be!!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

phew, i was worried my post quality had somehow sunk even lower than usual

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

GlyphGryph posted:

phew, i was worried my post quality had somehow sunk even lower than usual

it might've too, i haven't been paying attention because i didn't notice until now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Heaven Spacey posted:

It's almost as though the guys that are really good friends with moneyed interests have more money than the guys who want to break up the moneyed interests! How could this be!!

Welllll, don't brush off his underlying point too quickly, though. Part of the Clinton camp's dominance over the Democratic Party is because they understand the machinery and levers of power better than their challengers do. That's something that the Sanders camp needs to change in the near future.

• Locked thread