Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

centrist or conservative??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

etalian posted:

I wonder how bad dems can argue for the competency of the current leadership despite being the political equivalent of the Cleveland browns

rude, the browns actually got a victory

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Business Gorillas posted:

he's doing an irony my friend

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

valor thief

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i prefer to call it "borrowing valor"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
valor should be voucherized

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

He should give a limited pardon to Snowden specially for leaking the files to Greenwald or whatever

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Haha I didn't know the boycott was entirely from the House

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...cafa_story.html

Lame, come on at least one senator has to grow some balls too.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

it's a joke. he's one of the guys from chapo trap house

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I listened to Chapo Trap House for the first time today and it was so good

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

rude, the browns actually got a victory

lol

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Heaven Spacey posted:

It's almost as though the guys that are really good friends with moneyed interests have more money than the guys who want to break up the moneyed interests! How could this be!!

a win's a win

if money helps them win then progressives are gonna have to overcome that, not whine about how unfair it is

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Main Paineframe posted:

if money helps them win then progressives are gonna have to overcome that, not whine about how unfair it is

lmbo

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/People4Bernie/status/821500272530759680

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol she did not like that question

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i prefer to call it "borrowing valor"

I always sided with the vets calling out stolen valor.

Until I saw them doing it. And then I realized, oh wait, they're annoying assholes too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I'm his slow groan at being told 'nothing is free'

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernie owns

sucks DeVos is a shoe-in.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Yes it's possible my family gave $200mil to the GOP I have no way of knowing though because that's just pocket change and I didn't keep the receipt.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Bernie is too good for this world.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

wait 'til you hear about this thing called the republican party

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bernie owns, not surprising that he's still a rising star despite being defeated

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Main Paineframe posted:

a win's a win

I'm not whining about it being unfair, I'm just saying the corporatist faction's position in party leadership is a function of their seniority, which they have primarily because of Bill's push in the 80s-90s to recenter the party to the right and bring in a shitload of corporate money, not because of any brilliance in leadership.

Majorian posted:

Welllll, don't brush off his underlying point too quickly, though. Part of the Clinton camp's dominance over the Democratic Party is because they understand the machinery and levers of power better than their challengers do. That's something that the Sanders camp needs to change in the near future.

It's all well and good to say that, but christ I don't even have the faintest idea of where to start.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Majorian posted:

I always sided with the vets calling out stolen valor.

Until I saw them doing it. And then I realized, oh wait, they're annoying assholes too.

Oh someone was upset/an rear end in a top hat? I guess the truth must be in the middle v:shobon:v

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
which lovely dems are gonna vote to confirm DeVos

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hernie Clanders

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

which lovely dems are gonna vote to confirm DeVos

booker

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Heaven Spacey posted:

I'm not whining about it being unfair, I'm just saying the corporatist faction's position in party leadership is a function of their seniority, which they have primarily because of Bill's push in the 80s-90s to recenter the party to the right and bring in a shitload of corporate money, not because of any brilliance in leadership.

It's all well and good to say that, but christ I don't even have the faintest idea of where to start.

Too bad their controlling of the DC establishment machinery and levels didn't result in a victory against the most under qualified president candidate in US history.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Isn't she super into vouchers? Booker is going to orgasm when he votes "yeahhhhhhhhhhhhnghhhhh"

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

oooh poo poo cory in the house senate!!

etalian posted:

Too bad their controlling of the DC establishment machinery and levels didn't result in a victory against the most under qualified president candidate in US history.

Fuuu-KKEN BERNIE BROOOOOOS

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i wonder how much money i can make making "racsexism" label pins

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i was in a newark high school last weekend which was really nice & stuff because it was a magnet school. that is my slightly topical post for the day

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Nonsense posted:

Hernie Clanders

sounds like an organic soup brand

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

LmaoTheKid posted:

Isn't she super into vouchers? Booker is going to orgasm when he votes "yeahhhhhhhhhhhhnghhhhh"

New Jersey senator sat on school choice board with Trump’s choice for Education secretary

lel

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Heaven Spacey posted:

oooh poo poo cory in the house senate!!

Fuuu-KKEN BERNIE BROOOOOOS

Hillary also had twice the GE budget of Trump but still lost.

Very sad, I guess money can't buy every election.

Now the failed Hillary Clinton has quit politics and also did not attend any of the Pro-Obamacare rallies

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

etalian posted:

Hillary also had twice the GE budget of Trump but still lost.

Very sad, I guess money can't buy every election.

Now the failed Hillary Clinton has quit politics and also did not attend any of the Pro-Obamacare rallies

b-b-but Trump got so much free coverage from the media :qq:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Oh someone was upset/an rear end in a top hat? I guess the truth must be in the middle v:shobon:v

Nah, if you're going to act like a loud dumbass, I'm not going to applaud you. Others might, but I shall not.

May God have mercy on your soul.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Majorian posted:

Nah, if you're going to act like a loud dumbass, I'm not going to applaud you. Others might, but I shall not.

May God have mercy on your soul.

You are right Black Lives really don't matter. I mean just look at how loud they are.

Just to spell it out for you, judging movements/positions by their members/activists 'tone', not their content is smug sanctimonious bullshit.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

I listened to Chapo Trap House for the first time today and it was so good

I was gonna listen to the new one (it'd also be my first) but there was also a new Adventure Zone so instead I'm doing it tomorrow, stoked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
is there a recommended episode of chapo trap house for beginners or do you just jump in

• Locked thread