Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Asimo posted:

I was almost in this camp... and then we managed to squeak out a win with three people alive and eight seconds left on the duty timer. :shepface:

I have never seen instance chat get that rowdy before, haha. Doing it blind in a PUG was the best, and it helps the instance looks great and the fights are fun.

drat. I got lucky when I ran it earlier today. We wiped once on the first three bosses and one shot the final boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Gotta love when people have more money than sense.

Sold a Bullpup pet for 8.9 million.

:stare:

I need one. To sell.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Yes, this is a good patch.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Gpose Camera is awesome

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I've waited like a year and a half for Frontlines to be this full. This is fantastic, I love widescale pvp.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Thumbtacks posted:

I've waited like a year and a half for Frontlines to be this full. This is fantastic, I love widescale pvp.

So if there was ever a time to go for the pvp exclusive stuff it's now huh? So much to do...

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

So how goes /gpose... work? Like there's all these camera settings or something in the patch notes but hitting it just removes the Ui for screenshots? :confused:

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Asimo posted:

So how goes /gpose... work? Like there's all these camera settings or something in the patch notes but hitting it just removes the Ui for screenshots? :confused:

Hit 'R'

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

So if there was ever a time to go for the pvp exclusive stuff it's now huh? So much to do...

I'm hoping it's gonna be like this for a month or two minimum, but yeah now's the time. 24v24v24 queues pop in four minutes, it's amazing.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Asimo posted:

Gpose also loops the last emote you perform, so you need to keep that in mind when you want to take a screenshot.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Gonna be that guy and post a vertical picture using /gpose.

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 18, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
A surprisingly good use for it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

hot potato

Commander Quack
Jul 23, 2003
quack quack quack
So I've been having an issue for a while I'm pretty much at my wit's end about. Occasionally, FFXIV will act like I am holding down ctrl without me actually pressing it. I have no idea what possibly is causing it; I've made sure sticky keys are off, tried different mice and keyboards, etc. I really have no idea what to try next to fix this.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Resubbed and immediately jumped back into my hippie chick glamour. Everything owns, waiting on my buddy to get on tomorrow to start dungeons but that gives me time to do the new Hildy!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Jinh posted:

Resubbed and immediately jumped back into my hippie chick glamour. Everything owns, waiting on my buddy to get on tomorrow to start dungeons but that gives me time to do the new Hildy!

what pants are those

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Jinh posted:

Everything about this was the right decision.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Commander Quack posted:

So I've been having an issue for a while I'm pretty much at my wit's end about. Occasionally, FFXIV will act like I am holding down ctrl without me actually pressing it. I have no idea what possibly is causing it; I've made sure sticky keys are off, tried different mice and keyboards, etc. I really have no idea what to try next to fix this.

Are you using a logitech mouse with a g-shift button?

edit: Nevermind, just saw "tried different mice"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The last fight of Dun Scaith is the most anime goddamn thing in this game. And there is some really anime stuff in this game.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
someone please please post the garo pistol with gauss barrel up

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Jinh posted:

This glamour...! It's power level is UNREAL! Hrgh! Grah!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Brother Entropy posted:

what pants are those

I suspect you are not actually asking about the pants. The part that has those dangly bits is actually dyed Serpentskin Fringe Boots. It's DoL/All Classes, so have fun.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Farg posted:

SLOPPY

HOW DAH YAH LIKE THIS?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Zurvan could give Emperor Palpatine lessons in scenery chewing and I love it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I suspect you are not actually asking about the pants. The part that has those dangly bits is actually dyed Serpentskin Fringe Boots. It's DoL/All Classes, so have fun.

oh poo poo you're right, thank you

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

or whatever your auto run button is, if you rebound that.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Drizvolta posted:

HOW DAH YAH LIKE THIS?

SLOPPY

(the best part is when you're doing the fight first time and he probably does catch you in the AoEs while he's yelling that. Really rubs in the shame)

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh wow thanks for the love!

Chest: Gryphonskin Breastguard
Pants: Artisan's Culottes (they look weird as shorts but with big boots they're awesome)
Shoes: Dhamelskin Fringe Boots, dyed a shade darker blue than the pants

Used the rose just to have something on my arms, and I think the mythrite necklace is very important. Dreadlocks hair looks just as good as the fro if you really can't handle how powerful the fro is (or hate the sideburns, SE plz change it for ladies)

This was the inspiration, but I went for a yellow shirt because white didn't look good for some reason:

Jinh fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 18, 2017

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
new /gpose is cool, as are the new picture frames

(come to mist 5th ward, apartment 71 if you wana look at some art)

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
Did Wall, I really hope Sohm Al is loose and fun because otherwise this is gonna be a really grindy EXDR period. I liked the crazed, balls to the wall pace of Xelph/Gubal.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
The freelancer thing was the worst thing to happen to PVP. Adders in my battlegroup typically dominated, but now everyone is freelancing to adders so we're suddenly flopping hard.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

motoh posted:

Did Wall, I really hope Sohm Al is loose and fun because otherwise this is gonna be a really grindy EXDR period. I liked the crazed, balls to the wall pace of Xelph/Gubal.
Sohm Al's definitely the easier/quicker of the two this time, yeah. First two bosses are trivial and the trash doesn't have too many hard stopping points. Baelsar's Wall is way longer and more annoying and with a far trickier end fight.

Of course it's the story dungeon so it'll be the one popping constantly, just like Xelpahtol. Glad I'm basically set for scripture gear now, not bothering with alt stuff until Stormblood. :suicide:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sohm Al is quick and fun with lots of big pulls, but all the mobs are massive and they push each other around a lot which is really annoying to tank, and to dps depending on your class.

On a related subject, there's a pair of adds in Zurvan EX that don't push each other out of the way, and they usually end up perfectly overlapping.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Baelsar's Wall is probably the most boring dungeon in a while. My first experience was hardly ideal as bad healer forgot to heal DPS half the time the DPS was dunking into every conceivable AOE. Then I ran a goon group with competent DPS and it was way smoother. Still, the bosses apart from the last have very little interesting mechanics that require movement or reaction, the environment is dull and I'm already dreading running this on EXDR for the next two months. Haven't tried Sohm Al Hard yet.

Dun Scaith on the other hand is excellent and my favorite 24 man raid. The bosses are a blast with tons of mechanics and my blind alliance managed to work our way through all the bosses until we timed out at the last after like 4 tries. It was interesting to see things come together after first try as people actively learned the fights through alliance chat. I also experienced someone repeatedly misinterpreting mechanics, whining that everyone else got them wrong and then suddenly realizing that they were in fact wrong and apologized. That's rare in any game but more so in FFXIV.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, doing Dun Scaith blind was amazingly fun. I mean I guess I'd be a little less enthusiastic if we didn't win in the end, but it was fun to see how people completely misinterpreted a few mechanics and yet still picked up on it after a few attempts. It definitely makes me appreciate FF14's encounter design and... uh... visual mechanics language?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm curious how freelancing will effect PVP achievements. Do you still get achivements for whatever GC you're actually a part of, or for th one you get shuffled into?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

So it looks like they're gonna be changing that 3.5 title.

"" posted:

Please allow me to deeply apologize for the lack of discretion used in the localization of the player title received upon completing the 3.5 main scenario quest. The decision to proceed with what is (as of Jan 18 JST) in the game was my decision and my decision alone. While the title was meant to be a reflection of the Warrior of Light’s role in the story, there is no excuse for my inability to realize that the particular choice of words would affect those players who had yet to complete the quest. As a result, my lack of foresight has marred the gaming experience of countless fans.

The current plan is to hotfix a new title in as soon as possible, with full awareness that this cannot undo the damage that is already done. I have spoken with Yoshida-san on the issue and have promised to personally work to ensure similar missteps do not happen in the future. We greatly appreciate the efforts being made by players who have already completed the quest to help ensure those who have not from being affected, and humbly ask that that everyone continues to do so until the issue can be addressed.

I once again sincerely apologize for this inexcusable error in judgment.

Koji Fox

My money's on them just taking the more literally translated title of the JP/FR/GR clients, but this seems like a pretty appropriate response.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 18, 2017

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Fister Roboto posted:

Sohm Al is quick and fun with lots of big pulls, but all the mobs are massive and they push each other around a lot which is really annoying to tank, and to dps depending on your class.

Megapulling the last pull is also a bit dicey. 3 Bursts and 3 Abacinate's makes parties eat dirt :v:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I kinda wanna ask this. I'm still pretty new to the game overall, my main class just hit level 30 because I keep spending a lot of time messing about with crafting. I really like the crafting minigame and I find gathering to be a pleasantly simple task to do while listening to podcasts or watching a low-attention TV show like Law and Order, but I'm wondering if this stuff is actually useful later on. It seems like all the best gear is dropped rather than crafted, so I'm curious what's the purpose in being a high level crafter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

I kinda wanna ask this. I'm still pretty new to the game overall, my main class just hit level 30 because I keep spending a lot of time messing about with crafting. I really like the crafting minigame and I find gathering to be a pleasantly simple task to do while listening to podcasts or watching a low-attention TV show like Law and Order, but I'm wondering if this stuff is actually useful later on. It seems like all the best gear is dropped rather than crafted, so I'm curious what's the purpose in being a high level crafter.

At the start of each new raid tier, new crafted gear is added that is better than the drops from the previous tier (Midas Savage dropped i240, while the crafted gear added in 3.4 is i250), so it's used by raiders to get a head start on the new tier. It's also good for gearing up alt classes. And beyond that, stat potions and food are always in high demand.

• Locked thread