Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

naem posted:

I binged all their videos and now have to wait for more :(

Only once? Pffffft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
This thread is endless trash. Rack em

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I can't wait for the new quotes from the next video. I hope Mike says something like "23 Skidoo!"

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Listen to the tone of his voice in those reviews. He sounds like a complete idiot. This is obvious. That's the point. It's MIMESIS of a lazy, ignorant couch potato fanboy, not ACTUALLY one. It's also MIMESIS of someone you shouldn't take seriously at face value, not a trustable authority.

Did supporters of his arguments get that he's joking? Nope. They are philistines who think the superficial, farcical POV presented is actually correct despite the FACT that it's coming from someone who is speaking in a cartoonish drone that is meant to criticize people who criticize the prequels!

And did people providing rebuttals to his arguments get that he's joking either? Nope. They felt threatened by hilariously illegitimate arguments and expressed the need to defend the movies against a heckler MASK hiding someone who actually thinks that the tired basher arguments are garbage.

That anyone is still treating his COMIC (philosophical sense) arguments as if he thought they had any actual credibility is the funniest "falling for a practical joke" I've seen in the STAR WARS fanbase in years. He is explicitly saying "Do not take my criticisms seriously."

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
Save us Max Landis, you're our only hope.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The only truth he's ever said in RLM videos is that he hates movies.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Return of the Jedi is still the best Star War.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

What if... it's just one long forever star war?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's a star that wars. It's a death star!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

gently caress movies !

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Remember how the crawl to revenge of the sith started with "WAR!" and you wondered why they had to specify that there was war in something called "Star Wars?" And then you wondered why it took 3 movies to get to it?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wish they cast Will Smith as Mace Windu so he could say "What is this, some kind of star war?" at some point.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Lucas dropped the ball by not having the opening crawl of ep III be, "I'm sick of these motherfucking wars in these motherfucking stars."

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

a bone to pick posted:

I wish they cast Will Smith as Mace Windu so he could say "What is this, some kind of star war?" at some point.

you mean that wasn't will smith?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Weird BIAS posted:

Lucas dropped the ball by not having the opening crawl of ep III be, "I'm sick of these motherfucking wars in these motherfucking stars."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeK10F6iA8E

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

*punches alien* WELCOME TO GEONOSIS!

Doesn't have the same ring to it.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

ashpanash posted:

Remember how the crawl to revenge of the sith started with "WAR!" and you wondered why they had to specify that there was war in something called "Star Wars?" And then you wondered why it took 3 movies to get to it?

"There are heroes on both sides"......what?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

By Episode IX Disney will actually hire this actor to deliver this line. Maybe even wink to the camera.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

"No YOU'RE fake news!!!!"

We live in exciting times.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Ayy Tee Ess Tees

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want RLM to continue to exploit Star Wars like it's 3rd world child labor.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
What big entertainment conglomerate will Disney (tm) buy next. My money is on nintendo.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ka0 posted:

What big entertainment conglomerate will Disney (tm) buy next. My money is on nintendo.

This came up awhile back, but literally no one on the planet has enough assets to buy Nintendo at their valued worth of 9.3 billion.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Jonas Albrecht posted:

This came up awhile back, but literally no one on the planet has enough assets to buy Nintendo at their valued worth of 9.3 billion.

You could scoop up like %30 of them and work something out with other shareholders to gain control.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Ka0 posted:

Lego

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

greatn posted:

You could scoop up like %30 of them and work something out with other shareholders to gain control.

Or try and buy out Game Freak. Like, why even bother with anything else?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nintendo would more than likely have a first dibs clause in their relationship with Game Freak if one of the other share holders step out. Also iirc GF's stoke isn't public.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The correct answer.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Disney is going to buy failing movie studio Warner Bros. And then poo poo's going to get really weird.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Disney is going to buy failing movie studio Warner Bros. And then poo poo's going to get really weird.

Looking forward to finally getting Roger Rabbit 2 starring CGI Bob Hoskins.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I got for one would like to see Disney reboot the entire DC cinematic universe except with competent people in charge this time

I would also appreciate cinematic terrorist Zac Snyder never getting work again but we can all dream I guess

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

MikeCrotch posted:

I got for one would like to see Disney reboot the entire DC cinematic universe except with competent people in charge this time

I would also appreciate cinematic terrorist Zac Snyder never getting work again but we can all dream I guess

Genuinely can't wait to see how bad Justice League is. Batman v Superman was one of the worst films I've ever seen.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Then you're an idiot, cause it rocked, and Zac Snyder loving rocks. Wasn't as good as Man of Steel, but not much is.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

greatn posted:

Then you're an idiot, cause it rocked, and Zac Snyder loving rocks. Wasn't as good as Man of Steel, but not much is.

Holy moly

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

greatn posted:

Oh nooooooo

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

greatn posted:

Boo this man.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Isn't sony pictures in dire straits as it is now.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ka0 posted:

Isn't sony pictures in dire straits as it is now.

They're rescued by their games division.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Hasbro is in worse shape than lego at the moment, it's also quite bloated and full of mismanagement, just the way disney (tm) likes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Disney's Transformers has potential.

• Locked thread