Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Social Psychology posted:

The Machine Gun and Wizard Rod are dupes, but the BSBs are new. Anyone happen to have Thancred's BSB? It flew under my radar since the first FFXIV banner was so much more hyped, but it sounds like it might work on a mage team since the commands are all Ninja damage.

Thancred's BSB is entirely physical damage, so he'd be better off on a physical team. It is pretty good though if you can get the gimmick going for the 6 hits of command 1.

Farg posted:

Would you guys say that eikos ssb is an upgrade to penelos ssb as a medica? Also is rinoas bsb good

Eiko's SSB is only a Cura level heal compared to Penelo's being Curaga level. That said, reraise medicas despite being poorly rated at first can be pretty handy in multiplayer fights where risk of death is real and picking people up off the floor is really useful.

Rinoa's BSB is in the "it's okay but has been power creeped" camp. It suffers from not having an EnSpell on it like other better options or any utility attached beyond pure damage. That said, BSBs are still BSBs so if you don't have many other options it's still a good deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Edea and Yda's first SSBs. And nothing of interest was gotten that day.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

1/11 Quistis BSB. Could be worse I guess?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Seifer and Quina SSBs. Two solid SSBs for two of my weakest realms, not complaining. And +water armor is always worth having.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

IllegallySober posted:

I seem to remember Zell's BSB being good. Somebody wanna give me a refresher?

::lol: at Cutting Trigger getting top-billing, though.

Entry: (instant cast) Ten random attacks (0,74 each), causes Stun (7%), grants Critical 50% to all allies for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
Cmd1: Four single attacks (0,63 each), grants Dark Bargain to the user for 20 seconds
Cmd2: Four single attacks (0,48 each), grants Instant Cast 1 to the user

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Lots of goons getting Zell's BSB ITT

What You Can Do With Him: Give him lifesiphon/meteor crush + lifebane, laugh as he mercilessly shits on things

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

1/11 Healing Staff T.

I already have Dreamstage and Asylum. I know, first world FFRK problems, but... :sigh:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

1/11, Beatrix's Ragnarok. Not awesome by any stretch, especially considering the other pulls ITT, but hey I finally have a decent SB for a knight in FF9

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Bleh, Got Crystal Glove, Wizard Rod, and Sorceress's Might.
'

I am disappoint

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Zurai posted:

Entry: (instant cast) Ten random attacks (0,74 each), causes Stun (7%), grants Critical 50% to all allies for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
Cmd1: Four single attacks (0,63 each), grants Dark Bargain to the user for 20 seconds
Cmd2: Four single attacks (0,48 each), grants Instant Cast 1 to the user

So is the way to go Command 1 once and then just hammer Command 2 repeatedly for instant attacks?

Despite the name, none of his attacks are actually fire damage, right? Still trying to put together my fire team.

Beasteh posted:

Lots of goons getting Zell's BSB ITT

What You Can Do With Him: Give him lifesiphon/meteor crush + lifebane, laugh as he mercilessly shits on things

This also sounds reasonable. I don't think I've crafted either of those yet so I'll need to.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

1/11, Ragnarok (IX)

I'd be more disappointed but Beatrix has been on my A-Team for awhile and getting a Magic Blink for her is nothing to sneeze at.

U-DO Burger posted:

1/11, Beatrix's Ragnarok. Not awesome by any stretch, especially considering the other pulls ITT, but hey I finally have a decent SB for a knight in FF9

:hfive:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

IllegallySober posted:

So is the way to go Command 1 once and then just hammer Command 2 repeatedly for instant attacks?

Despite the name, none of his attacks are actually fire damage, right? Still trying to put together my fire team.

Correct, Zell's BSB is pure non-elemental and is probably the best non-elemental BSB in the game. And yeah, if you aren't at attack cap then cmd1->cmd2->cmd2->etc is the best self-contained attack pattern. Zell also makes great use of Lifebane, as noted.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Zell's BSB glove is worth holding onto in case you ever get Refia's BSB since it is a very rare +fire fist.

Augmented, with Refia's BSB bracer, she can stack 2 +20% fire damage effects and become the queen of murdertown regardless of realm synergy

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Wait, does Exeter's effect stack with full break(down)?

Also what's the multiplier on Zidane's OSB? Will that work in multiplayer too?

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
2/11: Garnet's Royal Gown and Freya's BSB.

I guess Freya can join Zidane and Luneth (and to a lesser extent Bartz and Thancred) on Team Wind God. :getin: Plus I needed another synergy melee weapon for FF9, so I'm happy with this.

Friggin Firepants
Jul 11, 2006

My god, these friggin firepants.

Beasteh posted:

Zell's BSB glove is worth holding onto in case you ever get Refia's BSB since it is a very rare +fire fist.

Augmented, with Refia's BSB bracer, she can stack 2 +20% fire damage effects and become the queen of murdertown regardless of realm synergy

:feelsgood: she is an absolute train of destruction.

Edit: Went 3/11, got sorceress might(dupe), jin-chi-ten, and Quistis SSB. Can't really complain for 25 mythril, but gently caress is Edeas ssb pretty much useless.

Friggin Firepants fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 18, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

acumen posted:

Wait, does Exeter's effect stack with full break(down)?

Also what's the multiplier on Zidane's OSB? Will that work in multiplayer too?

Yeah, since it debuffs MND too, it stacks with Full Break effects. Most goons in thread will refer to effects like that as either a "Hyper Break" or "penta-break". I think the next one we get is Mustadio's SSB on Orlandu 2.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Really could use some FF8 synergy, especially melee stuff like Zell's BSB so I did a 1/2 pull.

2/11: Shooting Star, Sorceress's Might

BSB for Rinoa and SSB for Edea. Rinoa's is handy I guess. Edea meh.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Beasteh posted:

Ah, but I DO have Refia's BSB! :twisted:

Friggin Firepants posted:

:feelsgood: she is an absolute train of destruction.

Can't wait to get this set up. Although you have a 6* weapon!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Oh nice, dungeons give motes now?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
lol when you go into the Deep Sea Research center(VIII) dungeon screen it's playing FFXIII music!!

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
:stare:

:fap:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I was looking forward to this pull for a long time, and I did end up getting disappointed; I pulled Zell's Combat King, which is merely the SSB. Yes, it has a stacking buff, but it's not the monster train his BSB is. It could have been worse though, I could have gotten dupes.

Anyway, I'm hoping my karma comes back in a really big way for the Orlandeau banner. Until then, back to the Hunt.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Man this Nightmare dungeon needs to hurry up so I can wreck poo poo on the Curada record with the Selphie / Vanille BSB combo I acquired since my last attempt.

It's kinda crazy to think about how much stronger my stuff has gotten in just the month since the Nightmare dungeons were open. The only records I managed to finish were Northern Cross and Crushdown, and now I think I have a pretty drat good shot at all of them, except maybe Affliction Break because even Jenova Death tore through me like tissue paper and everyone seems to say Necrophobe is the hardest of the bosses.

Orbfest definitely had a lot to do with the power jump, but I've gotten some drat lucky pulls since then, too.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

From lucky draw I got Zidane's OSB and a dupe of Minfila's shield.

I had been looking to get Freya's BSB from banner 2 so I decided to pull after the lucky draw and YES. Got it and Eiko's BSB. Got 3 medica BSB's now!

Oops put the wrong name. Eiko's medica.

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 18, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Alxprit posted:

I was looking forward to this pull for a long time, and I did end up getting disappointed; I pulled Zell's Combat King, which is merely the SSB. Yes, it has a stacking buff, but it's not the monster train his BSB is. It could have been worse though, I could have gotten dupes.

Anyway, I'm hoping my karma comes back in a really big way for the Orlandeau banner. Until then, back to the Hunt.

As someone who owns Combat King, I have to say it does better work setting you up for spamming Lifebane (or later, Omega Drive) compared to Duel or Refia's BSB. It's not as sustainable due to low hones, but you're going to actually get to use and appreciate the skill, as opposed to just spamming the burst commands incessantly anyway.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Zidane ogre bsb (dupe) Steiner tin armor ssb (dupe) and Papa's Lilith rod bsb. Not bad

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I swear to god if I get any XIV dupes I'm gonna cry-

Success!! The only dupe is Irvine's gun which has now been combined, and I think Steiner's BSB is considered Quite Good? It's all fire all the time which is an element I'm lacking so I'm pretty happy.

Thanks for the nice stuff, lucky draw :shittydog:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

The SSB is a bad SB nobody wants, and Curtana is a dupe. It's not even a useful dupe since I have full weapon synergy in XIV and already have a rosetta'd 5*+ holy sword. I am unreasonably disappointed in continuing to fail to draw any of the grand prize relics of the last many months, including but not limited to BSBs for: Zell, Refia, Kain, Onion Knight, Eiko, Vanille, Y'shtola, Alphinaud, Cid Raines, Quistis, Maria, and Papalymo. Oh, forgot Ashe and Vaan's BSBs, those are great too. It's getting real drat frustrating.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 18, 2017

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
2/11, got Rinoa OSB and Garnet's Wizard Rod. That's my first OSB but I already had Rinoa's BSB... other black mages need some love too...

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Fairy flute, dupe Almasy Revolver, and a Vega. Not great, but I'm pretty pleased with the Vega; first imperil ice, and on one of my favorite dudes :toot:

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
1/11 selphie medica when I have Rosa and Arc's medicas.

Bad streak continues.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Schwartzcough posted:

The SSB is a bad SB nobody wants, and Curtana is a dupe. It's not even a useful dupe since I have full weapon synergy in XIV and already have a rosetta'd 5*+ holy sword. I am unreasonably disappointed in continuing to fail to draw any of the grand prize relics of the last many months, including but not limited to BSBs for: Zell, Refia, Kain, Onion Knight, Eiko, Vanille, Y'shtola, Alphinaud, Cid Raines, Quistis, Maria, and Papalymo. Oh, forgot Ashe and Vaan's BSBs, those are great too. It's getting real drat frustrating.

You can't really say this when you have 500 mythril just sitting there. I mean, of those I have Eiko, Vanille, and Kain's BSBs and 500 mythril ago my best relic was probably Agrias' Cleansing Strike.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

acumen posted:

You can't really say this when you have 500 mythril just sitting there. I mean, of those I have Eiko, Vanille, and Kain's BSBs and 500 mythril ago my best relic was probably Agrias' Cleansing Strike.

Eh, I pull on the good banners and when these relics show up in Lucky Draws like this one; it's not like I haven't been pulling, I just saved up a ton pre-G5. If you go after enough of them, statistically you expect to get something eventually. But I won't continue to chase one relic when I'm at high risk of dupes or awful other relics, because that's bad drawing etiquette. I'd pull again on this banner, but I can't.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I picked up Kuja's BSB from the lucky draw and got his endark SB the other day. That's a winning combo, right?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SageAcrin posted:

1/11 selphie medica when I have Rosa and Arc's medicas.

Bad streak continues.

It may be nothing game changing for you, but medicas from different realms makes CMs much more doable, so at least there's that?

I've got all three of those medica SSBs, Yuffie's medica SB, Lenna's SB, Yuna's SB, Y'shtola's SB, Relm's SSB, Ovelia's SSB, and Vanille's BSB, and holy poo poo am I grateful for them once an event for those realms shows up. I couldn't do the CM for this FFIX event mostly because I lacked a medica.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Schwartzcough posted:

The SSB is a bad SB nobody wants

Excuse me? I know poison element is only relevant in FF8 and has terrible support but it's a guaranteed stun. Am I missing something?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

AweStriker posted:

Excuse me? I know poison element is only relevant in FF8 and has terrible support but it's a guaranteed stun. Am I missing something?

Threatening bosses are so fast these days, and stun lasts such a short amount of time, that I just don't find a SB that stuns to be very useful. You can't spam it, so basically you save yourself from damage for half a second. I've had Jecht's 100% stun SB forever and it never sees use.

Even if you shaved off the burst mode, Thancred's burst does more damage and causes a useful imperil fire effect, and is an easier element to boost and more likely to hit a weakness. And despite all that, nobody's very excited about his burst, so that doesn't say much for this SSB.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 18, 2017

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
1/11 Irvine's Exeter. More like Sucky Draw.

The SB seems really good, but is Irvine even usable? Also, it's VIII synergy I guess which I've been lacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Mercury Crusader posted:

1/11 Irvine's Exeter. More like Sucky Draw.

The SB seems really good, but is Irvine even usable? Also, it's VIII synergy I guess which I've been lacking.

Support 5 characters are always usable. And Irvine's stock has gone up - Guns Only hurts, but it's better than Quina (who's frontline only) and in the same boat as Setzer and practically Barret. Irvine also gets Sharpshooter 5 if you want an offensive option and can dive for Machinist 4 if you want to invest in him. His future BSB is also fantastic (I want to say top 5 Support BSBs).

• Locked thread