Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
its almost like the entire idea of trying to capture both the portable and console market in one all-in-one device is flawed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

HyperPuma posted:

its almost like the entire idea of trying to capture both the portable and console market in one all-in-one device is flawed

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

HyperPuma posted:

the context seems to be that the ps4 has trouble pushing 4k resolution at 60fps but works fine at 30fps, while the nintendo switch is struggling to maintain 30fps at 720/900p

They always said it was as powerful as an xbone! :haw:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Flawed or not, that franchise ain't going back to a device that isn't in some way mobile. The whole core of MH is that it's a mobile game best experienced with groups of people, and in Japan, multiplayer favors local.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
The only people who complain about the controls in Skyward Swords are morons who didn't bother to try and learn them. The controls were 100% accurate.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HyperPuma posted:

Actually the idea seems really good

punk rebel ecks posted:

The only people who complain about the controls in Skyward Swords are morons who didn't bother to try and learn them. The controls were 100% accurate.

The controls worked fine, I just didn't like using them.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TFRazorsaw posted:

What ports exactly are you seeing people begging for; something like Rocket League isn't exactly what I'd call intensive.

The only ones I care about are the whole Wii U library because I want to sell my Wii U already.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

Real talk. Just dont turn your wii off.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Hey you know what I want? One system for my tv that I can take on the porch or on the train. Oh gently caress this is that.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
I'm curious what the first game is going to be that drops the ball on optimizing the game for 2 different sets of specs

My gut tells me bomberman

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

koolkal posted:

I'm curious what the first game is going to be that drops the ball on optimizing the game for 2 different sets of specs

My gut tells me bomberman

hey, I'm reminded of the Pro again.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Andrast posted:

Actually the idea seems really good

no its bad in the same way that the original vision of the xbone was bad

i wish they had at least dropped the waggle tech, ir camera and hd rumble, although i dont know if those are significant factors in the price

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Has anybody written a letter to their extended family expaining that they shouldn't buy a Switch yet?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i would but theyre all dead so they are already enjoying their switch in heaven

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

yeah now they're expecting one for they're birthday

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
My family is barely aware that Pokemon is a thing that exists so I doubt they are going to buy a Switch anytime soon.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
720p is fine if it has a solid framerate, 60fps preferred.

Smooth and stable gameplay is pretty nice yo.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

PerrineClostermann posted:

720p is fine if it has a solid framerate, 60fps preferred.

Smooth and stable gameplay is pretty nice yo.

would you settle for a semantic argument about the word stable and blind hope? ill throw in a free actually nintendo is good

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

How about just go away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz1b5HLr9O8&t=1528s

hands on by a giant monster hunter nerd

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

How about just go away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz1b5HLr9O8&t=1528s

hands on by a giant monster hunter nerd

ive noticed you chattering away at me. why are you so defensive about a videogame console that you have never even used yet lol

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

When the Switch sells out at launch at major retailers, will desperately looking for it in smaller stores be called 'the Switchhunts'?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

ive noticed you chattering away at me. why are you so defensive about a videogame console that you have never even used yet lol

I'm defensive about your constant nonsense crappin up this thread full of kind strangers. The Switch can handle itself. If it doesn't like your tone it gets up and leaves.
Thread seems stuck with you.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

this is a thread for discussing the nintendo switch

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013
so for some hosed up reason I was allowed to preorder every single copy of breath of the wild at my local ebgames.

I think I'm going to scalp them. I mean, why the hell did they let me do that? How much should I ask? It's 200 dollars in canadabucks. I'm thinking 300. Not too lovely of a markup, not like the 80$ shulks and rosalinas I offloaded years ago.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello thread. I gave Nintendo all my money and now I have a Switch completely paid off and I have to wait for it to be released, and this is bullshit because I want to play now. God bless.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

no its bad in the same way that the original vision of the xbone was bad

i wish they had at least dropped the waggle tech, ir camera and hd rumble, although i dont know if those are significant factors in the price

Yeah hell of a discussion.
No explination + No idea.

You already told us you only play phone games and wont buy a switch. Why are you here?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Hello thread. I gave Nintendo all my money and now I have a Switch completely paid off and I have to wait for it to be released, and this is bullshit because I want to play now. God bless.

I just know that the last package I had shipped from Amazon disappeared and reappeared 15 days later. Have fun with that nightmare. Amazons Switch pages are still a mess too.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

You already told us you only play phone games and wont buy a switch. Why are you here?

are people who preordered the nintendo switch the only ones allowed to talk about it?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Junkie Disease posted:

I just know that the last package I had shipped from Amazon disappeared and reappeared 15 days later. Have fun with that nightmare. Amazons Switch pages are still a mess too.

I went to a brick and mortar store here in Aus, so enjoy your dystopian nightmare of not having a Switch at midnight on launch.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Here's to many future Luigi stares

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yKwW4f27zI

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

so for some hosed up reason I was allowed to preorder every single copy of breath of the wild at my local ebgames.

I think I'm going to scalp them. I mean, why the hell did they let me do that? How much should I ask? It's 200 dollars in canadabucks. I'm thinking 300. Not too lovely of a markup, not like the 80$ shulks and rosalinas I offloaded years ago.
if this is true I hope you don't manage to resell them and are stuck with a bunch of copies

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

HyperPuma posted:

are people who preordered the nintendo switch the only ones allowed to talk about it?

No, I asked but VideoGames said no.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Infinitum posted:

:yeah:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Infinitum posted:

You and me on launch day.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

Unless they are collectors editions...the games not going to be rare. And it will exist digitally. Nobodies going to pay double, they will just buy digital.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Bleck posted:

From what I can see, this is not the case - the Wii U version won't feature a separate menu screen like WWHD and TPHD.

Where are you finding that info? I can't find anything mentioning the pad one way or the other and it would be shocking for Nintendo to remove the single biggest improvement Zelda has seen since it started having two screens.

The conspiracy theorist in me is thinking that Nintendo is avoiding mentioning anything about it because they don't want to make the Wii U version sound like it has anything over the switch one. Push sales of the new console.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

You and me on launch day.

:yeah:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Same, except I gave money to the guy who gave all his money for a Switch. But now he has all his money back and then some, and I have none. But I have the Switch, so who's the real loser here

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Infinitum posted:

no mentions of games already paid off though what gives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

a.lo posted:

no mentions of games already paid off though what gives?

Zelda + Bomberman each have $10 on them because prices might change closer to launch.

The Switch is paid off in full. Want to pay off the Joycon + Charging Grip in full ASAP.

No Charging Grip in the Switch box is a loving rip off tho.

• Locked thread