Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

*wakes up*

Fire Emblem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Extella literally has spiritrons.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

Burbo's sig is better broken because it kind of looks like a funny dong

e:realized im stupid

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i cant believe dis doesnt watch gay sex with hats on

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/crazynabe/status/821425723281809408

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Space Flower posted:

i cant believe dis doesnt watch gay sex with hats on

heres the gay tab i had open

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I don't Twitter, but yes it would

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i'm angry that it means some actually good animators are gonna continue working on shows that actively obscure the stuff they're good at

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am not convinced that Nero knows what to do beyond the holding hands part of romance.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

chumbler posted:

I am not convinced that Nero knows what to do beyond the holding hands part of romance.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

**9,428位/**8,888位 ◎ (***,*16 pt) [*,**1予約] 2017/04/04 Akiba Trip
*13,312位/*12,984位 ◎ (***,*11 pt) [*,**0予約] 2017/03/24 Hand Shakers
*14,201位/*13,493位 (***,*20 pt) [*,**0予約] 2017/03/29 Eidlive

??

I know stalker ranking isn't an exact science, but I can't believe hand shakers will do anything but flop.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tonight i remembered that mega man legends 3 had a character design i really liked and that character will never appear in a video game. rip again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't even know what 'antitwitter' means

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

anitwitter
anime twitter

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Bring back super femme early (est) shonen ai art

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I have a little booklet of early Shoujo artists somewhere and they're all incredible technical monsters and none of their work is translated in english

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dogsicle posted:

anitwitter
anime twitter

That's what I get for reading stuff while I should be working.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

I have a little booklet of early Shoujo artists somewhere and they're all incredible technical monsters and none of their work is translated in english

moto hagio has like two books in english, and i think keiko takemiya has one? but yeah i hope those titles did enough for the respective companies that they consider investing more in that era of shoujo/shounen ai

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Motio Hagio's sci fi story about a post apoc world with only men is tl'ed but I found it super boring at the time. I wanna know about this lady

Oh she spent 10 years on a jose about a victim of sexual abuse that looks like it might be in english from cursory GIS, but I don't really want to read that at the moment

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

dogsicle posted:

moto hagio has like two books in english, and i think keiko takemiya has one? but yeah i hope those titles did enough for the respective companies that they consider investing more in that era of shoujo/shounen ai

didn't know Takemiya had one. I'll try to dig that booklet up and post the other artists some time

e: Oh Otherworld Barbara which I've been seeing in stores is hers, I'll have to check that out

dogsicle posted:

TBH I think stories about gay people doing hosed up things and/or being miserable are great but when that's that whole era of gay comics (GL too) I'd be more interested in reading the straight shoujo/sci fi stuff from those authors if I had to choose.

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jan 18, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

didn't know Takemiya had one. I'll try to dig that booklet up and post the other artists some time

e: Oh Otherworld Barbara which I've been seeing in stores is hers, I'll have to check that out

the Takemiya one is To Terra, which i guess is a 10 year old release but amazon has used copies.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DisDisDis posted:

Motio Hagio's sci fi story about a post apoc world with only men is tl'ed but I found it super boring at the time. I wanna know about this lady

Oh she spent 10 years on a jose about a victim of sexual abuse that looks like it might be in english from cursory GIS, but I don't really want to read that at the moment

A Cruel God Reigns is really good but yeah don't read it if you don't want to deal with some serious poo poo.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I don't know why I put off watching KonoSuba so long, it's great.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dogsicle posted:

Her short story collection A Drunken Dream is pretty good, comes in good hardback quality, and isn't too expensive. I can definitely recommend at least giving this a read.

She also did Heart of Thomas, a very Gay story, which may or may not be good? Fairly dark themes, though. I should probably read it one of these days, since it's also in Hardcover in a single volume and fairly inexpensive.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Unfortunately, her Manga has been mirrored in the English release, but still, it's totally worth reading. It's funny how you just begin looking up images from a Manga you haven't read in years and how many memories come flooding back in.

One of my favorite stories is about a girl who has a complex about how she looks, and well...

It's good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
In case anyone who reads ADTRW but not Tradgames is into creating pen and paper games, the February Tradgames contest is to write an anime RPG: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806092

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

A Cruel God Reigns is really good but yeah don't read it if you don't want to deal with some serious poo poo.
that's entirely why I mostly avoid a lot of stuff out of that era, the art looks gorgeous but I am so not into tragic endings

I went to sleep at 9:30 and woke up at 4:30 fml

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
this is the worst time to be awake and bored

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

it owns actually. no one is around to bother you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Those are the normal hours I keep.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
usually if I'm awake at this time of day it's because I haven't been to sleep yet D:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everything Burrito posted:

that's entirely why I mostly avoid a lot of stuff out of that era, the art looks gorgeous but I am so not into tragic endings

I went to sleep at 9:30 and woke up at 4:30 fml

Moto Haigo stuff tends to not be too bad for that stuff, at least compared to her peers, while they can deal with super dark subjects they often end on hopeful or upbeat notes, from what I remember anyway.

Riyoko Ikeda is the worst for that, nothing but tragic death in her manga.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Xinder posted:

it's actually kind of jarring to not have those announcements at the top of adtrw now. feels like something's missing
Huh. That's... odd. It feels bare.

Gyra_Solune posted:

the saddest thing about macross delta not doing so hot is that the DX figure for the VF-31 is apparently ridiculously good and probably the best model of any macross anything ever made, and a generally wonderful feat of engineering, but it might not sell as great

it's a shame because there's so much neat things about the VF-31 that i never even learned from the show itself, and if I had like ~$300 to spend on a toy then I'd really consider it
Macross delta is an all around shame :(
It didn't showcase the mechs at all, it focused on the wrong things and drew them out for an entire cour when an ep or two would've sufficed, but somehow... I'm still listening to the Walkure albums now. The music is just so drat good :negative:

Just looked that figure up, it looks :krad:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how come people dont like handshakers i havent watched it

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
this is for smoking crow, wherever he may be

https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/821734044790648832

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted: