Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

King Doom posted:

What the everloving gently caress? it's like a trailer to a really hosed up horror movie for a bit.

Edit: if he wasn't doing that to toys he'd be doing it to stray cats or something, you know it.

Giving them bomb rear end titties?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I need to see some more of this dudes videos, I'm hoping there's poo poo like "here's Lord Vader with a perfect set of boobs"

He could be the Xzibit of action figures, just throwing titties on titties

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Pro-click, can't believe I passed over this before. "I don't have a choice in this" ... "No, you don't" :gonk:

And the fact that he keeps his loving mouth covered the whole time, like he's the goddamn Tooth Fairy from Red Dragon or something.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The wedding ring is the most astonishing part of that video.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'm so irrationally bothered by the fact that the skin tone doesn't even come close to matching up. That's a $330 doll, and you made it look like poo poo by putting the head on a pasty pale body. Congratulations.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

davidspackage posted:

The wedding ring is the most astonishing part of that video.

yeah
for a few seconds I was wondering if it was Jeff Goldblum before he started talking
wife... finds a way.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
In earlier videos he doesn't cover his mouth, so I have no clue why he does it now.

I continue to plumb these lovely depths and have found what I think is the turning point video. It's mostly normal and he shows some shame about the sexualization of the doll, but then he seems to give in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C3ieEVppAk

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

In earlier videos he doesn't cover his mouth, so I have no clue why he does it now.

I continue to plumb these lovely depths and have found what I think is the turning point video. It's mostly normal and he shows some shame about the sexualization of the doll, but then he seems to give in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C3ieEVppAk

I dunno what his viewership patterns are like but I'm guessing he started to get more views the more sexualized and creepy he got so he just went with it? Like everyone else on the internet once they realize there's ways to monetize their fetishes

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Radio Help posted:

Wait isn't "Do your ears hang low" a "Turkey in the Straw" bootleg?

It's a family-friendly knockoff of a WWI soldier's song:

quote:

The origins of the song are obscure. Certainly "Do Your Balls Hang Low?" is known to have been sung by British soldiers on the Western Front during the First World War.

Lyn MacDonald reports that, on one occasion in 1916, General Douglas Haig heard the song being sung by a column of soldiers as they marched past on their way to the Somme. He immediately called for his horse and rode to the head of the column to remonstrate with the battalion commander, only to find the Colonel singing as heartily as his men. Haig congratulated him on his fine voice, but added: "I like the tune, but you must know that in any circumstances those words are inexcusable!"

The lyrics of the World War I version of "Do Your Balls Hang Low?" are recorded as follows:

Do your balls hang low?
Do they dangle to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?

Do they itch when it's hot?
Do you rest them in a pot?

Do you get them in a tangle?
Do you catch them in a mangle?
Do they swing in stormy weather?
Do they tickle with a feather?

Do they rattle when you walk?
Do they jingle when you talk?

Can you sling them on your shoulder
Like a lousy loving soldier?
Do your balls hang low?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's easy to determine how creepy a figure collector is based on how low their Black Widow's zipper is.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

0toShifty
Aug 21, 2005
0 to Stiffy?

I guess that's why they're looking for the balls

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Finally my fanart is coming to life

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Aesop Poprock posted:

Has any sort of review internet personality person ever actually made an ok film. I haven't watched any of the AVGN or TGWTG'S stuff but I'm assuming they're unwatchable

Why not both: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDVrP7GPakY

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I honestly don't think I can press the play button on that

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked the AVGN movie. James didn't take it super serious and try to proclaim it as a work of art or anything, and I was already a fan of a lot of his stuff.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Oh my god. So that's Nostalgia Critic? I've never seen any of his videos, but holy poo poo is he insufferable. I couldn't get through two minutes. His affectation is too smug and annoying. I have no idea if he has anything meaningful to say. I can't even concentrate on what he's saying behind how obnoxious he acts. Do people watch this poo poo? Does this man make a living talking like this on the internet? I just... I don't... :psyduck:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Railing Kill posted:

Oh my god. So that's Nostalgia Critic? I've never seen any of his videos, but holy poo poo is he insufferable. I couldn't get through two minutes. His affectation is too smug and annoying. I have no idea if he has anything meaningful to say. I can't even concentrate on what he's saying behind how obnoxious he acts. Do people watch this poo poo? Does this man make a living talking like this on the internet? I just... I don't... :psyduck:

That's a pretty normal reaction.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Railing Kill posted:

I think it's the unfortunate nature of having a shtick. I think he kinda first showed up around the time of AVGN, so "angry and loud" was a popular formula. I enjoyed? his early stuff when I was younger and had much worse taste, but at some point the gimmick got tired and too "wacky." I remember them ramping up the cringey meta stuff that surrounded the reviews to the point of getting unbearable.

I suspect that changing away from it is difficult when a large chunk of the fanbase only wants more of the same.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, he tried to move away from it, but it's what people want, and he's gettin' paid.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lihimTMXT64

Then again his non Nostalgia Critic stuff isn't the best.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like the AVGN videos where it's just him and his friend playing random old video games, with the occasional newer one. The Abobo's Big Adventure one was good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

whiteyfats posted:

I like the AVGN videos where it's just him and his friend playing random old video games, with the occasional newer one. The Abobo's Big Adventure one was good.

Watch the one where matt from the super best friends brought over batman forever for the Sega Saturn. You think the snes version was hosed up, the Sega Saturn one is a total fever dream. I can't believe it's a real product.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F83EtbW05Qg

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Invictus posted:

Watch the one where matt from the super best friends brought over batman forever for the Sega Saturn. You think the snes version was hosed up, the Sega Saturn one is a total fever dream. I can't believe it's a real product.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F83EtbW05Qg

Was Batman Forever the one with Mortal Kombat controls for some drat reason?

Man, that was a waste of three bucks when I rented it for my SNES. :saddowns:

Edit: Holy poo poo, I'm six minutes in and this poo poo is loving insane. (Also looks way better than the SNES version)

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 22:44 on Jan 16, 2017

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

whiteyfats posted:

Was Batman Forever the one with Mortal Kombat controls for some drat reason?

Man, that was a waste of three bucks when I rented it for my SNES. :saddowns:

Edit: Holy poo poo, I'm six minutes in and this poo poo is loving insane. (Also looks way better than the SNES version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJDMRdy56ek&t=2840s

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Every single mook name in this is precious and special

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

whiteyfats posted:

The one guy he often plays with literally doesn't know anything about anything except some video games. If you try to tell me his not understanding why the grim reaper has a scythe was just an act you can go gently caress yourself because that's clearly not the case: he's not that good an actor.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
We're going back to the prohibition era, boys.

I think...

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Nothing prepared me for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MYSTMg6bu0

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

EorayMel posted:

We're going back to the prohibition era, boys.

I think...

I keep thinking this a 007 reference but then the 7 might just be the handle. But then theres this weird math equation. But the dude is in the crosshairs?

buglord has a new favorite as of 20:53 on Jan 17, 2017

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

What's that!? Why, nothing, Officer, just my lucky number 7, a grippy thing with a trigger and a tiny egg beater. Totally normal things for a totally normal human like me to be carrying around.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Holy poo poo, I want this bad.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Many of us laughed... a few people cried.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

I must have this.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The Crazy Frog just will not die. We are never, ever going to be free from that horrendous noise.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The Crazy Frog just will not die. We are never, ever going to be free from that horrendous noise.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

This is astonishing

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw_6kLBUG_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_leTv6ZSa5c

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Huh, at xmas, my mother put in the stocking she sent to my son a top that isn't spidey themed, but otherwise identical, just a more generic paint job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Dali Parton posted:

I keep thinking this a 007 reference but then the 7 might just be the handle. But then theres this weird math equation. But the dude is in the crosshairs?

Gotta be an Equalizer reference - check where the guy with the gun is.