Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i used to do that, but i would turn my alarm off and sleepwalk back to bed, through arbitrary number of obstacles - including furniture intentionally displaced to be as annoying as gently caress come the time i reach for the phone. eventually nothing did help, so now ive settled with running an alarm clock that completely locks down my phone for 30 minutes, or until disabled. to disable the alarm clock, i have to solve a few simple mathematical tasks (like, how much is 7*13 + 8*9), rearrange a grid of numbers into an ascending order, complete a short memory card game, repeat a button pattern shown on the screen, vigorously shake my phone for a minute, and then enter a captcha.

then, five minutes later, it starts playing a barely noticeable tune on the lowest possible volume setting. if i dont swipe it down within a minute, the alarm relocks the phone and goes off from the beginning

this taught me how to do simple math subconsciously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chelb posted:

that's insane

you're insane
not really insane, this setup is nearly 100% effective with respect to getting me up as planned. otherwise i just sleepwalk and turn the alarm off, or, like back in latvian dorm, sleep through the alarm going off for 45 minutes at all, until my coursemate from a different room across the corridor starts banging on my dorm room door since he slept through his alarm, but woke up to mine

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

this taught me how to do simple math subconsciously
im p sure ill soon be able to become a certified solid object shaker

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

cinci zoo sniper posted:

not really insane, this setup is nearly 100% effective with respect to getting me up as planned. otherwise i just sleepwalk and turn the alarm off, or, like back in latvian dorm, sleep through the alarm going off for 45 minutes at all, until my coursemate from a different room across the corridor starts banging on my dorm room door since he slept through his alarm, but woke up to mine

get more sleep

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

WoodrowSkillson posted:

go to bed earlier?
i almost always sleep more than 7 hours. when i dont sleep enough, i dont hear the alarms, rather than shut them down and go back to bed. that has happened maybe once since college

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST BE LESS BUSY," he asked, smugly

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
7 years prison for what chelsea manning did seems light

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
she had the possibility of parole 8 years into her sentence so not really?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
also adrian lamo is a huge piece of poo poo and never got any jail time

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Volkerball posted:

7 years prison for what chelsea manning did seems light

yeah being put on a slab butt rear end nekkid so you don't suicide and watched over by marines who will not loving talk to you is light

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

syscall girl posted:

yeah being put on a slab butt rear end nekkid so you don't suicide and watched over by marines who will not loving talk to you is light

hell we used to do that for fun

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

:staredog:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
:yikes:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Volkerball posted:

this is insane

you are insane

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Volkerball posted:

VB sad he didn't get assigned to Abu Gharib, thought they did a wonderful job.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
i for one am glad there will be millennial representation at trump's inauguration

https://mobile.twitter.com/pattymo/status/821426346081525760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Majorian posted:

"Fart: a noise that all species with anuses make."

What about cloacas you racist

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Being Jeb explains vb alot

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

wait what

did that actually happen and if so link please

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

botany posted:

wait what

did that actually happen and if so link please

i think it is what many round these parts call a joke, friend

i can see why'd you be confused though, jokes are a rare currency here

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hi yes i'd like to deposit six jokes into my joke account

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

boy are my arms tired posted:

hi yes i'd like to deposit six jokes into my joke account

hmm yes seems your account is now at -24,094

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

"it's a hard living but we make do", the joke miner says, wiping his forehead. "i heard of a man, shot a guy in reno just to take his jokes"

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

WoodrowSkillson posted:

hmm yes seems your account is now at -24,094

what can i say, went to vegas and lost all my jokes, but i couldn't just leave, jokeless, like a failure, could i

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Remember when dadchat was funny? Before the joke springs dried up?

Dadchat was never funny

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

you never know with goons

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Being Jeb explains vb alot

And THAT Apu, is what we in America call a wet willy!!!

*surveys audience of unimpressed Marines*

please clap

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

remember when D&D branded fyad posters as "jokemen" like it was an actual insult

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Washington (CNN) - Betsy DeVos, President-elect Donald Trump's education secretary nominee, said it should be up to states whether guns are allowed in schools, citing grizzly bear protection as part of her answer.

She also said she would support Trump if he moved to ban gun-free schools zones, a position he advocated on the campaign trail.

Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy, who represents Sandy Hook, the site of the 2012 school shooting, asked DeVos if she believes guns have "any place in and around schools."

"I think that is best left to locales and states to decide," she said.

After Murphy pushed DeVos about why she can't say definitively whether they belong, DeVos brought up a story Sen. Mike Enzi told earlier about a school in Wyoming that has fences around it to protect against grizzly bears.

"I will refer back to Sen. Enzi and the school he is talking about in Wyoming. I think probably there, I would imagine there is probably a gun in a school to protect from potential grizzlies," she said.

The comment drew some laughs in the room.

As for Trump's campaign pledge to end gun free school zones, DeVos said she would support the President-elect on the issue.

"If the question is around gun violence and the results of that, please know that my heart bleeds and is broken for those families that have lost any individual due to gun violence," she said.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

remember when D&D branded fyad posters as "jokemen" like it was an actual insult

no, i do not

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
First things first, has anyone here never taken a chemistry class before?

*raises hand, looks around the room*

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

WoodrowSkillson posted:

nope

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Volkerball posted:

First things first, has anyone here never taken a chemistry class before?

*raises hand, looks around the room*

you telling me you've never made a baking soda and vinegar volcano

dude

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

dude
don't let me get started on petards from toilet pot cleaner and aluminum foil balls

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

dude

i think i did in some general science class but i never took a dedicated chemistry class. wasn't required.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Remember when dadchat was funny? Before the joke springs dried up?

Dadchat was never funny

speak for yrself boyo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i still have no idea who half you jokers are after all the rampant namechange chicanery

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

paranoid randroid posted:

i still have no idea who half you jokers are after all the rampant namechange chicanery

Which is like the weakest possible form of joking

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

it was when the feminism threads here died. fyad posters started making more jokes in the thread than people liked, a long drawn out discussion about jokes and their potential harms was had, and the femthread moved to e/n because D&D simply could not handle a rational discussion of the topic for long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

i hate this too and often lose track entirely.

• Locked thread