Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
https://youtu.be/-BCsS-bHi4Q

Set a benchmark PR for my squat :madmax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You used to be in the army?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Currently 2 months into my deployment actually

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
whoa, have you killed anyone yet

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Worse, I havent

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
4 weeks off was not enough time for my elbows to stop tennissing.

Deadlifts were a mistake.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

shucks

well, keep working on that body until you are the perfect killing machine

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
nothing increases t levels like killing another man in combat

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

LordArgh posted:

nothing increases t levels like killing another man in combat

I think you have to eat his heart op

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I think I'm just gonna do an all arm and chest pump day today. I'll curl everything in the gym before I leave bitch

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

sassassin posted:

4 weeks off was not enough time for my elbows to stop tennissing.

Deadlifts were a mistake.

I bet you're pulling a little with your arms instead of just using them as hooks.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
Awesome work! Maybe don't step so far out of the rack? On heavier sets you won't be able to take such big steps back, plus it's just wasted energy. I generally just take two or three little tiny steps back to clear the rack. Also it's better to be closer to the rack in case you really need to set the weight back down.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

a mysterious cloak posted:

I bet you're pulling a little with your arms instead of just using them as hooks.

Nah. Gripping hard is enough to make my tendons tighten up. If I'd moved my elbows any during reps I would have been in agony (like when I press).

I need to keep the tension & inflammation out of them for another few weeks so they can actually heal. They didn't start feeling tender until 3 weeks into my break.

8 weeks no lifting, I should know better

Khorne
May 1, 2002

sassassin posted:

Nah. Gripping hard is enough to make my tendons tighten up. If I'd moved my elbows any during reps I would have been in agony (like when I press).

I need to keep the tension & inflammation out of them for another few weeks so they can actually heal. They didn't start feeling tender until 3 weeks into my break.

8 weeks no lifting, I should know better
Wait 2 weeks after they feel completely normal. It's the way of the tendon.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
My elbow tendon gristley bits feel fine now, but I have to wait to deadlift and other things too.

Life is suffering.

8 weeks no lifting (except my legs and core because I'll go insane if I don't do anything)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
At the gym now.

gently caress resolutioners. Lines for literally everything in the main lifting room. Guess it's rowing + practicing today.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I made a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DHwU2rnypw&t=13s

"What a douche"

I may have basically Toxxed myself here. It's hard to watch myself and watch myself fall over my words, but I've been meaning to make a video for a while. So, I just adlibbed one this week. :shrug:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

You should consider upgrading your kitchen cabinets

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

nice spice rack. good assortment

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
one of my girlfriend's pals just started doing meal prep to eat clean and i make a point to offer her pizza and meatballs and peanut butter when she is over because bulk season. she always says yes then asks for more

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol what's even the point of meal prep if you don't have a smoker

Finished this guy last night

https://instagram.com/p/BPVFBFRA7o7/

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

TenementFunster posted:

one of my girlfriend's pals just started doing meal prep to eat clean and i make a point to offer her pizza and meatballs and peanut butter when she is over because bulk season. she always says yes then asks for more

what are you bragging about here exactly

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Fallows posted:

Wait are you not a feeder? I think you may be in the wrong forum friendo.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

FizFashizzle posted:

lol what's even the point of meal prep if you don't have a smoker

Finished this guy last night

https://instagram.com/p/BPVFBFRA7o7/

looking good

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
tf is building up his feeder harem lmao

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Fallows posted:

Rayjenkins posted:

tf is building up his feeder harem lmao
this could not be more self-explanatory

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I tried triceps pushdown like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGwCzBFsG3I and I really like it. First time I've ever got a pump in my tricep like it was going to pop.

Also hit my weight I was supposed to on Bench Press, but barely. I didn't really feel weak as far as raw power but my arms felt a little more jiggly than usual. Normally I feel solid on BP, even if I'm near failure. I did cut out a good bit of sugar today, drank an unsweet tea when I woke up and a half/half unsweet/sweet tea for lunch when it would normally just be full sugar both times, I wonder if that had to do with it. I ate decently so I don't think it would be a blood sugar thing. Probably just an off feeling day, who knows.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
What's your salami intake look like

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yeah, cant really help without knowing about your salami habits

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I tried triceps pushdown like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGwCzBFsG3I and I really like it. First time I've ever got a pump in my tricep like it was going to pop.

Also hit my weight I was supposed to on Bench Press, but barely. I didn't really feel weak as far as raw power but my arms felt a little more jiggly than usual. Normally I feel solid on BP, even if I'm near failure. I did cut out a good bit of sugar today, drank an unsweet tea when I woke up and a half/half unsweet/sweet tea for lunch when it would normally just be full sugar both times, I wonder if that had to do with it. I ate decently so I don't think it would be a blood sugar thing. Probably just an off feeling day, who knows.

did you try to bench right after hitting a cable triceps exercise?

because that'll do it

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Guys I haven't lifted for the past few days. I've also gained 2.725kg overnight.

She's absolutely beautiful, healthy despite her slightly small size, and she already has great grip, when she grows up she's gonna be an awesome weight lifter (if she wants to be). :)

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Green Crayons posted:

did you try to bench right after hitting a cable triceps exercise?

because that'll do it

nah

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Pesmerga posted:

Guys I haven't lifted for the past few days. I've also gained 2.725kg overnight.

She's absolutely beautiful, healthy despite her slightly small size, and she already has great grip, when she grows up she's gonna be an awesome weight lifter (if she wants to be). :)

I think you might have cut out a line or two from your post. I'm guessing you had a babby? Grats

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
No one cares about your baby's numbers.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

sassassin posted:

No one cares about your baby's numbers.

I care, her numbers are awesome :mad:

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I think you might have cut out a line or two from your post. I'm guessing you had a babby? Grats

Nah, no missed lines, just a build up, I wanted to look like I was obsessing over micro numbers. :) babby born on Monday night, I'm still in a state of euphoria :)

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
curl the baby

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Constipated posted:

curl the baby

I'm doing nappy changing curls and cradle shrugs.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Get to stackin them Cheerios

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Eat the baby for gains, like a momma hamster.

Also don't bench heavy right after doing a lot of press sets, geez you would think I would know better by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
get the babby started on roids right away so that it'll grow up to be really strong