Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
That is a masterpiece.

I hope I don't become Matt Ryan. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3552417&pagenumber=4&perpage=40#post416095648

Link to where it started, for those who are curious/have archives.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

is this stranger things?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

got any sevens posted:

Jesus, must've been a bad xmas.

Yup. She probably would have waited until Unofficial Divorce/Break Up Month January but I was going on a business trip for a couple weeks so she could clear out of the house. At least I have a bunch of really good friends who took me to a cabin and got me high as a kite and wasted the next weekend. Now I'm like my man Matty Ice and wondering about that grad student (intern in this case)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Thank you.

and lol that Gendo hated them.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

nrr, sweet thursday, bbp, may contain peanuts, Fancy rear end Ho...the good days. For all its faults SAS was pretty boss to read back then.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Lol Ehud calling Pryor to the Browns a year before it happens

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

He's not picking the linemen he's coaching them

The linemen who are tipping run versus pass plays? Those ones? Those are the ones he's coaching?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Hardy is eventually going to roid rage out on a girlfriend and it's going to be sad.

quote:

With the addition of rookie defensive tackles Star Lotulelei and Kawann Short, Hardy has dubbed the Panthers' defensive line "Monsters Inc." Hardy already had coined himself the Kraken last year. Bookend pass rusher Charles Johnson has now been labeled the Loch Ness Monster.

"This year, it's complete domination, savage, ruthless, disgusting all-out Kraken-type stuff," Hardy said. "Except it's going to spread. I'm tired of having to stick up for everybody. We're about to come out with a nasty attitude. It's going to be monstrous."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000211375/article/greg-hardy-seeks-50-sacks-in-carolina-panthers-d

sadly prescient

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

:smith::smith::smith::smith::smith::smith::smith:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Spoeank posted:

The linemen who are tripping over our QB? Those ones? Those are the ones he's coaching?

:shepicide:

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

nrr, sweet thursday, bbp, may contain peanuts, Fancy rear end Ho...the good days. For all its faults SAS was pretty boss to read back then.

drat, you reminded me how I would've loved to seen BBP in the Cowboys/Packers GDT during those final 2 minutes.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 18, 2017

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

what does TFF voice sound like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc&t=13s

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:smith:

Also ps I hope all you goons have a good year and find joy and poo poo and get high with your SO whenever is appropriate

pps. gently caress Tom Cable

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 18, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/821580731197464576

IT'S SHANAHAPPENING

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Congratulations, your team has a chance to actually be fun to watch while it rebuilds. Hopefully the team doesn't scapegoat the guy after the team doesn't make playoffs for its first two years with him since, you know, you have a barren wasteland of talent. But 49ers so :fork:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I got bored and mapped out coaching changes by team/division since the re-alignment, mainly because I was curious to see if any division had had 3 changes in 1 off-season (thrice: '06 NFCN, '09 AFCW+NFCW).

I'm surprised out how fairly steady the number of changes league-wide has been for the past half-decade, compared to the thrash seen in the mid-to-late 00's.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

The Big Jesus posted:

As somebody whose girlfriend of 6 years left him the day after Christmas, that fanfic hit me way too loving hard holy poo poo.

That's rough homie.

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Everytime I read through an old TFF thread I get sad that all these posters are gone now. Also makes me wonder when I'll finally shuffle off this message board.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 18, 2017

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
Matt Ryan was the perfect boring rear end QB for the Falcons after just getting rid of a QB who, ya know, liked to drown dogs in swimming pools. His draft interview was probably:

"So Matt do you like to torture animals?"

"No"

"Awesome see ya in April."

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Big Jesus posted:

As somebody whose girlfriend of 6 years left him the day after Christmas, that fanfic hit me way too loving hard holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo, she sucks, dude. Sorry to hear that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Matt Ryan is also just a swell young man:

https://medium.com/sportspickle/aaron-rodgers-parents-spotted-taking-matt-ryan-out-for-ice-cream-66ddb0778a29#.fpv65wy5q

quote:

ATLANTA — Aaron Rodgers’ troubled relationship with his family may have hit a new low this week after his parents were seen treating Matt Ryan to an ice cream cone. The parents of the Green Bay quarterback tousled Ryan’s hair and gave him hugs as the Falcons signal caller enjoyed a cookies and cream cone with rainbow sprinkles at Morellis Gourmet Ice Cream in Atlanta. Their birth son will be in the city later this week to take on Ryan in the NFC Championship Game.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

dont hate the playa posted:

Matt Ryan was the perfect boring rear end QB for the Falcons after just getting rid of a QB who, ya know, liked to drown dogs in swimming pools. His draft interview was probably:

"So Matt do you like to torture animals?"

"No"

"Awesome see ya in April."

Having a boring QB is honestly the most amazing feeling on the planet.

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

Ehud posted:

what does TFF voice sound like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy1dXPuI_gE

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

DNS posted:

Having a boring QB is honestly the most amazing feeling on the planet.

I accidentally turned into a really big Eagles fan pretending to really like Michael Vick to annoy all my friends.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sirtommygunn posted:

The Jets just gave 8 million a year to a guard with exactly 1 ok year and 3 horrible ones. gently caress Brian Winters, gently caress Mike Maccagnan, gently caress this dumbass organization.
Boy you bitch about literally everything. Winters has been an above average guard for the last 2 years and is only 25. The cost to replace a guy like him on the open market starts at ~15m guaranteed which is exactly what he got. It's a very reasonable deal.

If you don't re-sign him you're relegating the line to whatever JAG rookie you pick up in the 5th and would initiate another round of complaints about the line being trash.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Diva Cupcake posted:

Boy you bitch about literally everything. Winters has been an above average guard for the last 2 years and is only 25. The cost to replace a guy like him on the open market starts at ~15m guaranteed which is exactly what he got. It's a very reasonable deal.

If you don't re-sign him you're relegating the line to whatever JAG rookie you pick up in the 5th and would initiate another round of complaints about the line being trash.

Also there's good evidence to show that offensive lines improve as they play together over time, so keeping the same average-level player is likely significantly better than bringing in a slightly cheaper replacement with the same talent level

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is kinda cute. The playoff seedings if every one score game had gone in the opposite direction:

AFC:
Bills 13-3
Chargers 12-4
Ravens 9-7
Jaguars 9-7
Patriots 11-5
Broncos 10-6
=============
Steelers 9-7
Chiefs 9-7
Titans 8-8
Bengals 8-7-1
Colts 7-9
Jets 6-10
Texans 5-11
Raiders 5-11
Browns 5-11
Dolphins 4-12

NFC:
Eagles 12-4
Falcons 11-5
Cardinals 10-5-1
Vikings 10-6
Saints 10-6
Panthers 10-6
=============
Packers 9-7
Bears 8-8
Cowboys 8-8
Washington 8-7-1
Seahawks 8-7-1
Buccaneers 7-9
Giants 7-9
49ers 6-10
Lions 6-10
Rams 5-11

Kalli fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 18, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kalli posted:

This is kinda cute. The playoff seedings if every one score game had gone in the opposite direction:

AFC:
Bills 13-3
Chargers 12-4
Ravens 9-7
Jaguars 9-7
Patriots 11-5
Broncos 10-6
=============
Steelers 9-6
Chiefs 9-7
Titans 8-8
Bengals 8-7-1
Colts 7-9
Jets 6-10
Texans 5-11
Raiders 5-11
Browns 5-11
Dolphins 4-12

NFC:
Eagles 12-4
Falcons 11-5
Cardinals 10-5-1
Vikings 10-6
Saints 10-6
Panthers 10-6
=============
Packers 9-7
Bears 8-8
Cowboys 8-8
Washington 8-7-1
Seahawks 8-7-1
Buccaneers 7-9
Giants 7-9
49ers 6-10
Lions 6-10
Rams 5-11

I think that more accurately shows how bad the Browns were this year.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Kalli posted:

AFC:
Bills 13-3
Chargers 12-4
Ravens 9-7
Jaguars 9-7
Patriots 11-5
Broncos 10-6
=============
Steelers 9-6
Chiefs 9-7
Titans 8-8
Bengals 8-7-1
Colts 7-9
Jets 6-10
Texans 5-11
Raiders 5-11
Browns 5-11
Dolphins 4-12

NFC:
Eagles 12-4
Falcons 11-5
Cardinals 10-5-1
Vikings 10-6
Saints 10-6
Panthers 10-6
=============
Packers 9-7
Bears 8-8
Cowboys 8-8
Washington 8-7-1
Seahawks 8-7-1
Buccaneers 7-9
Giants 7-9
49ers 6-10
Lions 6-10
Rams 5-11

The Eagles should be a lot better next year argument just got stronger. Also what does that say about the Falcons? They could/should've been a 13-14 win team if not for the non call in Seattle and the two point conversion returned for a TD. Poor Buffalo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh , this is cool Broncos: http://deadspin.com/new-broncos-coach-vance-joseph-left-university-of-color-1791303337

quote:

At the time, the implication in local reports was that Vance Joseph’s departure was connected to a massive recruiting scandal that involved multiple women saying they were raped by football players, as well as reports of slush funds, and recruiting parties that hired strippers.

The circumstances specific to Joseph are being reported out now, thanks to the work of local newspaper the Daily Camera. They introduce a Boulder Police Department report from 2004 in which a woman said Joseph, then the defensive backs coach, went home with her and a friend—both believed to be athletic trainers—after a night out. While she was in bed, the woman told police, Joseph climbed into her bed, touched her body, grabbed her breasts, and ran his erect penis against her.

The woman’s friend later told the woman that Joseph had done “the same things” to her too, the police report said.

While police were investigating, Joseph took a job with another university. The case was closed because, according to the report, the victims did not want to press charges.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Maybe they can trade for Big Ben now?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

AFC:
Bills 13-3

Really jealous of the alternate universe me where Tyrod Taylor is meeting Bernie Sanders in the White House.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

Really jealous of the alternate universe me where Tyrod Taylor is meeting Bernie Sanders in the White House.

:smith:

Alternate universe you lives in a cool and good universe.

I bet they halted the extinction of black rhino there too, because they are serious about conservation.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
In an alternate universe, Tom Brady is already a six-time Super Bowl champion, going for his 7th this weekend.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
ugh

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The AFC West is a bunch of greedy rapey pregnant woman punchers minus the Raiders

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Vance Joseph also molested a little girl in high school.

And lol at the 5-11 Raiders. Give Carr all the money.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The ESPN Browns writer says they'll get rid of RG3 and try to sign Tyrod Taylor. What.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Volkerball posted:

Vance Joseph also molested a little girl in high school.
I've seen you mention this a couple of times. Source?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

extendedsolo posted:

The Eagles should be a lot better next year argument just got stronger. Also what does that say about the Falcons? They could/should've been a 13-14 win team if not for the non call in Seattle and the two point conversion returned for a TD. Poor Buffalo

It says that maybe they should get better coaching not that it's all super fluky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I've seen you mention this a couple of times. Source?

https://www.google.com/amp/profootb.../?client=safari

It's all I could fine. I have no clue what he's talking about

• Locked thread