Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

SubponticatePoster posted:

It's true. Everyone makes jokes about how Shepard is a huge horndog but he/she gets laid exactly 3 times over about a 4 year span. Not exactly prolific.

Well, you can squeeze in two more times in there if you want. Or you can die after one with Morinth. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

I like the Yahgs, it's a shame they don't show up more. Intellectual bear-spider sociopaths is an interesting hat for a species.

grack posted:

Shepard really does have to go through an inordinate amount of effort to get laid.
Shepherd has to save at least 3 planets before she's allowed to download Space Tinder.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Inferior posted:

I like the Yahgs, it's a shame they don't show up more. Intellectual bear-spider sociopaths is an interesting hat for a species.
Shepherd has to save at least 3 planets before she's allowed to download Space Tinder.
I think the app is called Reapr.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

:turianass: Ah yes, "Reapr". The extranet dating app allegedly producing 12 trillion matches per one standard Earth day. We have dismissed that claim (because I sure as hell am not getting any).

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 18, 2017

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

It's true. Everyone makes jokes about how Shepard is a huge horndog but he/she gets laid exactly 3 times over about a 4 year span. Not exactly prolific.

It takes a lot to get that mass erect.

Malah
May 18, 2015

J.theYellow posted:

How dare you?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Kurieg posted:

Well, you can squeeze in two more times in there if you want. Or you can die after one with Morinth. :unsmigghh:

Yep, universe is hosed because the only one to put out is a mass-murdering psychopath.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

J.theYellow posted:

:cripes:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

J.theYellow posted:

:dogout:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

J.theYellow posted:

"As you can see here if we apply a positive electric charge it increases the mass of the object!"
"Mordin. Stop. Please."

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next Update's Ingredients
Sake
Chambord

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Sake huh?

I guess it's Kasumi's turn? Didn't we already do that? Gosh I plum forget.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Chambord and Sake is called Purple Haze, so I think we're doing Samara's loyalty mission next.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Ohhhhh.

Show's how much of a drinker I am.

I haven't played the drinking game for any video :ssh:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I know how you feel. I don't drink. Still enjoy the shenanigans.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

zxqv8 posted:

Ohhhhh.

Show's how much of a drinker I am.

I haven't played the drinking game for any video :ssh:

Hah, nerd.

Neither am I, I just googled the ingredients.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Take work to your daughter day

The Drink
Ardat Yaksheeeiiit
3 oz sake
1 oz Chambord
Note: Since we're drinking sake you may do this drink hot or chilled depending on how you like your sake.

The Drinking Game
Drink every time someone says Morinth

The Episode
I'm joined by Actus Rhesus as we tackle Samara's loyalty mission (bonus points to Kurieg). When you first get there EDI tells you the daily death count on Omega is too high to pinpoint Morinth's location so we go talk to Aria who gives us a lead. Then we head over to the slums and invade a grieving woman's privacy. I think the first time I did this mission I missed the note on Forta behind the bed, but unless you're a complete idiot or are trying to fail the mission on purpose even just listening to the diary should give you enough info to get Morinth to invite you back to her place.

There are plenty of opportunities in the bar. There's also the dude who wants tickets for more info. Honestly I don't know if there's a pass/fail check here; after 3 "successful" resolutions you'll get the cutscene but I've never hosed anything up on purpose to see if you can do all of them. It is possible to give bad answers to Morinth's questions - "I like JUSTICARS and FAMILY and drugs are bad mmmkay" and she'll leave and then Samara will be pissed and disloyal. As long as you make it back to her apartment you're golden.

Back at the apartment we click on a bunch of useless poo poo to pad the mission out and then have a nice chat. If you have enough renegade points that response is fun, basically "don't try your poo poo on me." Then mom shows up and the party is over. You have the choice of recruiting Morinth if you are an insane rear end in a top hat - she will impersonate Samara so none of your crewmates are any the wiser and she will perform just fine during the suicide mission so it's a viable option play-wise. In one of the funnier examples of terrible choices Morinth will also want to sleep with you and you can agree..which gets you an instant game over :buddy: Also if you recruit Morinth instead she has a bit of a cameo in 3 (if you can call it that).

After helping her perform an inverse Ron Paul Samara is sad but relieved and ready to get on with kicking Collector asses.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Joker has an insightful line of dialog after you get back with Samara/Morinth. :v:

I had forgotten just how awkward and clumsy the bar seduction was. I like thing. Do you like thing? Yes I also like thing.
It's a bit weird how Morinth is supposedly only into strong, confident and dangerous people but I seriously doubt sculpture girl was any of those things in the slightest. Good thing no one managed to notice the weird Asari with cleavage armor standing around.

Poil fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jan 30, 2017

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I never got past ME1 so the bar scene was just :stare: to me.

What a game.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Literally Space Succubi were not one of Bioware's finer moments.

Since I was playing renegade I was pleasantly surprised you could just ditch Samara for Morinth, but outside of private conversations on the ship she's identical to Samara.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 30, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Not really, Morinth gives you dominate, Samara gives you reave.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I actually managed to fail "agreeing" with Morinth and I can't remember how it happened, I think I just didn't want to answer with the right info, like giving the name of the Elcor artist or that one band because I thought that was stupid. Yes Morinth I tooooootally am an individual person and that's why I love exactly all of the things you like. Instead if you tell her you love being in control or whatever she just thinks you're an arrogant prick or some poo poo.

Kinda stupid conversation in my opinion

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Ardat Yiiikes-she

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

my dad posted:

Ardat Yiiikes-she

Ardent Yahtzee

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Walk in to bar. Find Morinth. Shoot Morinth.

Problem solved.

It's Omega, the worst you're going to get is a bill for cleanup.

Edit: Also coconut sake + chambord is an... interesting combination, to say the least.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Aces High posted:

I actually managed to fail "agreeing" with Morinth and I can't remember how it happened, I think I just didn't want to answer with the right info, like giving the name of the Elcor artist or that one band because I thought that was stupid. Yes Morinth I tooooootally am an individual person and that's why I love exactly all of the things you like. Instead if you tell her you love being in control or whatever she just thinks you're an arrogant prick or some poo poo.

Kinda stupid conversation in my opinion

If you pick one of the "GIVE INTO MORINTH" options at her apartment, or don't have enough Paragon/Renegade to pick the red/blue options you fall unconcious and come to as Samara's killing Morinth and you won't have an option to pick a side.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Kurieg posted:

If you pick one of the "GIVE INTO MORINTH" options at her apartment, or don't have enough Paragon/Renegade to pick the red/blue options you fall unconcious and come to as Samara's killing Morinth and you won't have an option to pick a side.

Which doesn't make sense because you always side with Samara. It would have been fun if you couldn't resist Morinth you always chose her and surprise new squadmate.

It is nice to see a callback to the old trollolol-style renegade options, like in Jade Empire or KOTOR.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

grack posted:

Walk in to bar. Find Morinth. Shoot Morinth.

Problem solved.

It's Omega, the worst you're going to get is a bill for cleanup.

Edit: Also coconut sake + chambord is an... interesting combination, to say the least.

Eh, on the other hand, shooting her right then and there would possibly risk Shepard accidentally starting a shootout in the club, which Aria would most likely be... less than pleased about, at best.

Or something something "it's against the code to blow her brains out without any warning if we're in public".

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I know why they did it from a plot and characterization perspective, it just seems very out of character. Even 100% Paragon goody-two-shoes Shep isn't really concerned all that much about collateral damage.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

grack posted:

I know why they did it from a plot and characterization perspective, it just seems very out of character. Even 100% Paragon goody-two-shoes Shep isn't really concerned all that much about collateral damage.

You're forgetting the 'actually getting the target' perspective. Causing chaos by shooting at Morinth immediately is just going to help her get away yet again and then you're back to square one.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
You can't just one-shot a paranoid biotic, as Liara demonstrated to the assassin. And in these circumstances, one shot is all Shep would have gotten.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hello paranoid biotic vampire, I am a totally regular club patron. Please ignore the logos of a well known human-centric terrorist organization on my clothes :v:

Actually Morinth probably thought that was hot it was so brazen.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Kibayasu posted:

Hello paranoid biotic vampire, I am a totally regular club patron. Please ignore the logos of a well known human-centric terrorist organization on my clothes :v:

Actually Morinth probably thought that was hot it was so brazen.
Well, to be fair to the game it's whatever casual clothes you have on. So if you're rocking the pleather or the godawful suspenders poo poo then you'll be running around in that. It would be hilarious if you autofailed for wearing the farmer outfit.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Poil posted:

It's a bit weird how Morinth is supposedly only into strong, confident and dangerous people but I seriously doubt sculpture girl was any of those things in the slightes.

To be fair to the dumb mission and its dumb writing, telling vulnerable, lonely people with low self esteem that they're unique or dangerous or different is tactic used by real-life predators and abusers. Like, it also fits with you getting her attention: be a reckless egotist. Shepard acts like someone that you could imagine might wind up dead one day after a bender. "Safe" targets are ones that won't be missed or won't see the danger.

(Samara kind of undercuts me with her summation of Morinth's MO but she's a religious fundie and maybe just has compromised judgement)

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 1, 2017

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Well, to be fair to the game it's whatever casual clothes you have on. So if you're rocking the pleather or the godawful suspenders poo poo then you'll be running around in that. It would be hilarious if you autofailed for wearing the farmer outfit.

that's my favorite casual outfit and it makes the conversation great

grack
Jan 10, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

You're forgetting the 'actually getting the target' perspective. Causing chaos by shooting at Morinth immediately is just going to help her get away yet again and then you're back to square one.

Well, I have faith that when it comes down to brass tacks Shepard can kill someone. Or something. Or many someones. Or many somethings. I mean Shepard's body count that day is probably higher than Morinth's lifetime numbers.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

grack posted:

Well, I have faith that when it comes down to brass tacks Shepard can kill someone. Or something. Or many someones. Or many somethings. I mean Shepard's body count that day is probably higher than Morinth's lifetime numbers.

If you're going by effective mass (heh) i think Shep has a sentient ship sized edge over the competition.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

grack posted:

too bad the writers forgot this in ME3

or the writers made Shepard forget? Probably the latter seeing as Kai Leng was written like a pet

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Aces High posted:

too bad the writers forgot this in ME3

or the writers made Shepard forget? Probably the latter seeing as Kai Leng was written like a pet

Remember the time Kai Leng broke into Anderson's apartment and ate his cereal while waxing poetic about how this meant that he was better than Anderson in every possible way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I don't remember that, because the only literature that I read when it comes to video games is the manuals (and sometimes the strategy guides). I learned that lesson after reading one of the Diablo books when I was 10

• Locked thread