Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hey maybe take your dumb internet slap fight somewhere else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

Hey maybe take your dumb internet slap fight somewhere else?

It was over before Robin swooped in to save the day

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

No one posted the Warriors wine guy

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Says the child who spent the last page throwing a temper tantrum and cursing at a guy on the internet who dared to question someone's defense.

Go back and read what you wrote and tell me who looks like a loving cock.
lmao y'all are on one today. It's not that serious

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

No one posted the Warriors wine guy

lmao y'all are on one today. It's not that serious

These are trying times.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18496598/zach-lowe-anthony-davis-jrue-holiday-new-orleans-pelicans-nba

Lowe claiming the Sixers will take a hard look at Holiday, that'd be an interesting fit and it would make a good storyline

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Nah you're having a rage fit. Go for a walk or fix your roid cycle.

These were all completely unprovoked.

Please refrain from trying to flare up a little fight that had long since ended, yeesh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They have tons of cash and hed be a very decent combo guard. Id sign him for ~ 4/110 (which is what it would probably take to pry him from NOLA).

Unless they think they can land Lowry (<1%??) or trade for a better guard.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Wow, you really got me, how dare I be mildly sarcastic in response to an inflammatory statement and proceed to get fed up when the person starts cherrypicking stuff in an attempt to frame the argument their way. It also has nothing to do with you coming in the thread and attempting to rile me upl in a strange way.

Rages out and claims that he was being sarcastic and it was the other guy being 'inflammatory.

Yeah that's the ticket.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
No for real, stop

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Rages out and claims that he was being sarcastic and it was the other guy being 'inflammatory.

Yeah that's the ticket.

I'm really not interested in your opinion about this so please stop

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm really not interested in your opinion about this so please stop

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gently caress I guess Jrue would be ~4/130 ish to sign since he's 30% now. gently caress.

edit

4 year max offer to non bird rights FA at 30% is almost exactly 4/130. Lot of money.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 18, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I mean, the Phillies 76ers need to spend money on someone soon. Still, whether or not they go hard after Jrue depends probably on how the draft goes for them. If they end up with one of the elite PG prospects (Ball, Fultz, Smith) then an expensive/long investment in Holiday seems like a bad choice. If they end up with Jackson/Monk/Ntilikina then it makes more sense.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 18, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cool Buff Man posted:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18496598/zach-lowe-anthony-davis-jrue-holiday-new-orleans-pelicans-nba

Lowe claiming the Sixers will take a hard look at Holiday, that'd be an interesting fit and it would make a good storyline

It'd be even funnier if the trade involved Noel

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Femur posted:

What's going in Indy pacer fans? is PG making the All-stars? I've have not heard anything talked about them outside of PG's few quotes and some early Miles hype this year? how is the new coach working out for yall?

I'm 10 hours late, but I'll comment anyways. They're mediocre. On paper they have a good squad imo. Only glaring need I see is a SG to play over Glenn Robinson III and moving Monta to the 2nd unit. I'd still love for Bird to re-sign Lance when he's healthy (I think the Pelicans released him cause they need bodies).

Bird has really pissed me off with hiring Nate McMillan though. That guy is the most lackluster coach I've seen in the past 5 years. He's like the Tony Dungy of the NBA. He has no business being a head coach. Sure the team can put up some points, but they can't play defense to save their lives. And above it all the one thing that really gets me is that Bird came out and said that a new voice was needed in the locker room because the players were tuning out Vogel. Then he goes and replaces Vogel with another voice from the same coaching staff. Beats the purpose imo.

ScooterMcTiny posted:

PG is absolutely an all star, without him they're a 10-win team. Myles Turner is the future. Nate McMillan is exactly who we thought he was. A lot of roster turnover coming into this year, it's kinda a dumpster fire. The George Hill-Jeff Teague trade looks like a bust even though Hill is injured again. 7th seed first round exit feels about right.

I still like the Hill-Teague trade. The team definitely needed a true PG that can attach the basket. Hill had no killer instinct when PG was there.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 18, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The sneaky guy that I can see the 76ers offering the Max to is actually Gordon Hayward.]

And they probably will throw money at George Hill too.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Doltos posted:

It'd be even funnier if the trade involved Noel

Speaking of, are the Sixers still looking to deal both Okafor and Noel or are they leaning towards keeping Noel now that Embiid has become best friends with him and can apparently pair up with him on the court?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Paul Zuvella posted:

The sneaky guy that I can see the 76ers offering the Max to is actually Gordon Hayward.]

The 76ers would definitely be my 2nd favorite team if they had Hayward and Embiid.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If I'm nop I'd think about Noel since you get his rfa rights .

Does Hayward have 8 years for 30% of the cap?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Hayward isn't an FA until 2018 then the Jazz will probably give him an ungodly amount of money

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

Speaking of, are the Sixers still looking to deal both Okafor and Noel or are they leaning towards keeping Noel now that Embiid has become best friends with him and can apparently pair up with him on the court?

Noel actually serves a purpose in the team, and Okafor would apparently be the odd man out. I'd try to trade Okafor for literally anything at this point.

I can also see them hanging onto Okafor and trading him and one of their picks in the draft for an actually good player.

straight up brolic posted:

Hayward isn't an FA until 2018 then the Jazz will probably give him an ungodly amount of money

You really think Hayward is going to pick up his option?

Regardless, you are probably right. I can't see any 1b type star leaving the team they draft them now that people can offer the super-duper max.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Regardless, you are probably right. I can't see any 1b type star leaving the team they draft them now that people can offer the super-duper max.
Oh, I didn't know it was an option. Didn't say anything on the BBR site. Then yeah, they're going to offer him an ungodly amount of money this summer

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Noel actually serves a purpose in the team, and Okafor would apparently be the odd man out. I'd try to trade Okafor for literally anything at this point.

I can also see them hanging onto Okafor and trading him and one of their picks in the draft for an actually good player.

If they dump Okafor someone is getting a really good deal. You cannot build around Okafor but they guy can still put up points and shoulder a lot of offense so someone smart will figure out what to do with him.

Why do the 76ers want Jrue Holiday (back)? If Simmons works out they need a shooting wing badly and they'd be fine with a middle-of-the-pack PG, if Simmons doesn't work out they probably shouldn't shoot their wad on Jrue quite yet. Bring back Hinckie.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jrue is the Middle of the pack pg in that scenario

IMHO.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lockback posted:

If they dump Okafor someone is getting a really good deal. You cannot build around Okafor but they guy can still put up points and shoulder a lot of offense so someone smart will figure out what to do with him.

I also like what Okafor offers, he has a lot of potential as a 20 minute off the bench type guy, being the focal point of the offense of a second unit.

He is the 2nd coming of Enes Kanter.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

I also like what Okafor offers, he has a lot of potential as a 20 minute off the bench type guy, being the focal point of the offense of a second unit.

He is the 2nd coming of Enes Kanter.

It's been great to see Enes start rolling. He started out real rough this year but he's back to his old tricks and goofs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kanter is okafors most reasonable upside IMHO.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjW1ILaU5Y4

fun vid

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 18, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

COACH NICK WARNING :barf:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

COACH NICK WARNING :barf:
I don't like him but I like watching cool passes more than I hate coach Nick so it evens out

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

Kanter is okafors most reasonable upside IMHO.

I like Okafor more than Kanter, tbh. I think Okafor will be able to handle a bigger offensive load than Kanter, though Kanter is having a pretty solid year this year so maybe you're right.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's been great to see Enes start rolling. He started out real rough this year but he's back to his old tricks and goofs

Enes is sneakily quick and has soft hands.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
cool Serbian olympics guy Miloš Teodosić said he's coming to the NBA. wish he would come to my team.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I like Okafor on the Pels more than Noel, tbh.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Kibner posted:

I like Okafor on the Pels more than Noel, tbh.

Okafor/Davis front court is kinda weird and problematic defensively.

Okafor would help let Davis get real rest and the offense not completely falling apart.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Mr. Mambold posted:

Enes is sneakily quick and has soft hands.

I'm never sure what is meant by a soft touch (assuming that is what you mean). Like, a shot ball has a velocity vector and I guess spin. Is soft being a high arc or a more line drive? I sort of figured its just a descriptive thing for when a shot seems to bounce nicely off the rim a couple times without kicking out.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Enes Kanter is fun to watch but I don't think he helps a basketball team win basketball games

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm never sure what is meant by a soft touch (assuming that is what you mean). Like, a shot ball has a velocity vector and I guess spin. Is soft being a high arc or a more line drive? I sort of figured its just a descriptive thing for when a shot seems to bounce nicely off the rim a couple times without kicking out.

I've always read "soft touch" as natural and smooth. Like he's not some big lug with the ball. The way that Jokic just kind of floats balls into the hoop supports this interpretation.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I always thought soft hands meant you can catch the ball well and get into a motion without bumbling with it. "Soft Touch" is usually when you talk about guys around the rim knowing how to use angles and the rim to score from the low post, rather than just toss the ball at the hoop.

Dwight, for example, has neither soft hands nor a soft touch.

"Shooting Touch" is for guys taking jump shots, and that to me usually means a consistent release, nice arc, and the right spin on the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

meanwhile, Chris Paul has both soft touch and a hearty grip

• Locked thread