Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

TheAsterite posted:

As a man starting to bald at the age of 26, no I will not grow my hair out to rear end length.

Sorry dude. :( Not everybody gets to be lucky.

My wife's hair has been thinning for years now so eventually it's gonna be her with the shaved head and me with hair down to my ankles, it should be a nice juxtaposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Charles Get-Out posted:

I know you're doing a bit, but she is asking him to throw out Jane. (figuratively)

Figuratively doing things isn't a big deal.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pelvic Floor Wax posted:

Me [26 F] have repeatedly my boyfriend [29 M] that I don't like semen touching my skin. He rubbed a handful on my face and I reacted violently, now he is threatening to call the police

The woman is a baby about semen, the boyfriend is an rear end in a top hat for not respecting her boundaries, she shouldn't have punched the guy and the boyfriend definitely shouldn't make it a police matter.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I disagree, this was a personal gift from a good friend. If she's uncomfortable with the gift then she'll be unconfirmed with Jane being his friend. This is the first step in an abusive tactic to isolate him from his friends and family. It's a huge :redflag:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
He should keep the quilt but I agree that after years and years or whatever he should buy a decent blanket for the couch to cuddle with his gf under when it gets cold bc he's being a bit of an oversentimental bitch, too

I bet Jane would think it was slightly much that he was still so attached to it too. it's not like she died or lost contact with him or something, they still talk and hang out.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I disagree, this was a personal gift from a good friend. If she's uncomfortable with the gift then she'll be unconfirmed with Jane being his friend. This is the first step in an abusive tactic to isolate him from his friends and family. It's a huge :redflag:

Yeah I mean this is obvious :shrug:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I [14M] was being a smart rear end this morning. My step brother [16M] told me to put my seat belt on before we left for school. He dragged me out of his car when I said no and told me to walk. How do I explain to dad why I missed school?

quote:

I am a freshmen and my step brother and step sister are sophomores. My step sister was sitting shotgun with my step brother. He asked if everyone was buckled in before he left. He said the roads were going to be dangerous from the melting Ice. I was being a smart rear end and I told him to make me put it on. He told me to put it on or walk.

He's a football player and he's much bigger than I am. He got out, opened my door and dragged me out and tossed me on the snow. He looked and said, "walking for you it is." My step sister said, "That's why you get for being an idiot." and they drove off. My step mom will be on her kids side. How do I tell my dad why I stayed home and missed school.

tl;dr: How do I tell dad why I missed school?

quote:

How far away is your school?

quote:

20 minute walk
lmao at all of this

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My Mom [45] and her boyfriend [40] are descending into cult-like behaviour and financial ruin.

u/ammarbandukwala4m

A few years ago my Mom began learning about metaphysics, a religion that tries to rationalize ghosts/spirits, auras, supports a lot of conspiracy theories and embarks in pseudoscience.

I am 18 currently and was old enough at the time the beliefs as delusions.

I wouldn't exactly describe metaphysics as a cult as there isn't a hierarchy and there's a great variance in beliefs. During one of her metaphysics retreats (go out to nature and meditate in groups) she met Gary, her boyfriend.

Gary is a nice, well intentioned guy. Gary has no job, no post-secondary education, and a past of drug abuse. His delusions are a lot more developed than my mom's.

Things they believe in include

MH370 was teleported to a different universeThe jews are in almost complete control of humanityFood is unnecessary, we can "eat the sun" just like plantsPope Gregory created time

I've attempted to explain to them the ridiculousness of their delusions with logic and science. Gary believes science/logic to be a jewish construct and that I have no credibility because of my jewish mind (I don't have a religion, he just believes most people to have a Jewish mind.)

It is hopeless trying to use conventional logic and reason with him. He is unable to have a regular question oriented discussion on any of his delusions. A likely conversation we might have would be

Me: Plants can feed from the sun because of their chloroplasts.

Gary: The jews made up chloroplasts.

The reason I'm writing this is that recently they've began spending a lot of money on these delusions. They only drink kangen water (Gary believes in shrinks the water molecules and it's healthier.) They're spending a lot of money on preparing for the apocalypse. They're about to buy a $4k kangen water machine. All the costs are being absorbed by my mom. They're destined to be scammed out of all their money.

I'm also concerned for my little brothers (6, 12). I have to move away for work. It seems inevitable they fall into these delusions as well.

I'm not sure what recourse is available to me. Ideally I'd like for some way to talk them out of the delusions but nothing I've tried in the past years has worked. Thank you.

tldr: Mom and her boyfriend descending into insanity. They're spending a lot of money on their delusions. I'm concerned that my little brothers will become delusional as well.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

mfcrocker posted:

I'll be very disappointed if he didn't shout out "THE JUICE IS LOOSE!"

Anyway that thread has sensibly been locked because she needs to lawyer the gently caress up
We also would accept "GO WEB GO!"

Also if someone told me I had to throw something out that I enjoyed I'm pretty sure I would throw them out instead because people who say poo poo like "you should like that" are without fail the most boring & lovely people imaginable.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I [14M] was being a smart rear end this morning. My step brother [16M] told me to put my seat belt on before we left for school. He dragged me out of his car when I said no and told me to walk. How do I explain to dad why I missed school?

lmao at all of this

i like this step brother

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

He should keep the quilt but I agree that after years and years or whatever he should buy a decent blanket for the couch to cuddle with his gf under when it gets cold bc he's being a bit of an oversentimental bitch, too

I bet Jane would think it was slightly much that he was still so attached to it too. it's not like she died or lost contact with him or something, they still talk and hang out.

My girlfriend and I own like 6 or 7 blankets between us, so yeah, it is kind of weird how dude pulls out the same ancient blanket that a friend made for him and appears to have no others. Maybe picking up 5 new blankets to cycle through is their decent compromise? It just seems odd to me that he doesn't own more blankets to lounge around with.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i like this step brother

i bet you he gave him a fair warning too and it wasn't literally just

"put your seatbelt on"
"no"
*kicks him outta the car*

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Wrap the sex tapes in the quilt, throw out everything that makes girlfriend upset.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ride The Gravitron posted:

My Mom [45] and her boyfriend [40] are descending into cult-like behaviour and financial ruin.

u/ammarbandukwala4m

A few years ago my Mom began learning about metaphysics, a religion that tries to rationalize ghosts/spirits, auras, supports a lot of conspiracy theories and embarks in pseudoscience.
I... I don't think that's what metaphysics means

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Moridin920 posted:

do you have any idea, any loving idea at all, exactly how long it takes to make a quilt?

It's a project. Most people take months. If he throws it out because of a bitchy jealous girlfriend, I wouldn't be surprised if she never spoke to him again.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

rub semen on Batman's face and then throw out all his quilts because they're Jewish and another woman touched them

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

My girlfriend and I own like 6 or 7 blankets between us, so yeah, it is kind of weird how dude pulls out the same ancient blanket that a friend made for him and appears to have no others. Maybe picking up 5 new blankets to cycle through is their decent compromise? It just seems odd to me that he doesn't own more blankets to lounge around with.

I think he has more blankets, he just likes that one and busts it out in the winter because it's an excuse to do it. Why shouldn't he? It's not like it's a memento from an ex.

Andrast posted:

The woman is a baby about semen, the boyfriend is an rear end in a top hat for not respecting her boundaries, she shouldn't have punched the guy and the boyfriend definitely shouldn't make it a police matter.

I get the feeling the boyfriend had a couple of hours where he was super pissed he got hit, and then spent the rest of the night realizing he'd just committed a felony that would get him put on a sex offender registry for life and he needed to make the situation about her as quickly as possible to recover.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

do you have any idea, any loving idea at all, exactly how long it takes to make a quilt?

It's a project. Most people take months. If he throws it out because of a bitchy jealous girlfriend, I wouldn't be surprised if she never spoke to him again.

Yeah but I didn't say throw it out did I? I said keep it but stop acting so weird about it like drat bro buy a new blanket.

yeah the gf is being a bit insecure and out of line but at the same time she prolly feels uncomfortable trying to cuddle with him under said quilt. Jumping immediately to 'this is a huge red flag for abusive behavior' is a little over the top at this point.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

My lounge blanket is an afghan my folks bought off a beach in Morocco in the 1970s. I took it and have been using it constantly for 2 decades. Ancient blankets are the best.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah but I didn't say throw it out did I? I said keep it but stop acting so weird about it like drat bro buy a new blanket.

yeah the gf is being a bit insecure and out of line but at the same time she prolly feels uncomfortable trying to cuddle with him under said quilt. Jumping immediately to 'this is a huge red flag for abusive behavior' is a little over the top at this point.

He says it's not his main blanket in the post...

quote:

The quilt is folded up in a closet, I occasionally bust it out if it's cold or something but it's not like it's my bedspread. I'm kinda baffled because no girlfriend of mine has ever had a problem with my friendship with jane.

The quilt is a token of friendship, and was a reminder that people care about me when I first moved out here and was very lonely. I told this to Rose and she said she doesn't think it's appropriate that I hold on to a momento so tied to another woman. She said she'd be okay with it if I shipped it to my mom's to store with other momentos but it's weird I have it here with me now. That made no sense to me.

I told Rose I would think about it. Am I being unreasonable for not wanting to ditch the quilt?

she is mad that the quilt exists at all. she does not like it because it was made "with love" by another woman. it's not because it's their one blanket and he won't let it go, it sits in the closet most of the time and he'll occasionally lounge in it when it's cold, like normal people do with heavy blankets they like.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Mirthless posted:

I think he has more blankets, he just likes that one and busts it out in the winter because it's an excuse to do it. Why shouldn't he? It's not like it's a memento from an ex.

I get the feeling the boyfriend had a couple of hours where he was super pissed he got hit, and then spent the rest of the night realizing he'd just committed a felony that would get him put on a sex offender registry for life and he needed to make the situation about her as quickly as possible to recover.

Some crazy girl friends find any close friend of the opposite sex to be a bigger threat than an ex.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Dienes posted:

Some crazy girl friends find any close friend of the opposite sex to be a bigger threat than an ex.

Plenty of crazy boyfriends that do this too to be fair (but I'm sure we all know that already)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

He says it's not his main blanket in the post...

she is mad that the quilt exists at all. she does not like it because it was made "with love" by another woman. it's not because it's their one blanket and he won't let it go, it sits in the closet most of the time and he'll occasionally lounge in it when it's cold, like normal people do with heavy blankets they like.

yeah fair enough she's being out of line

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mirthless posted:

man some men with bald heads look so weird that they shouldn't leave the house without a hat, and they still loving do it anyway. It might be normal and socially acceptable, but god drat.

This isn't the same thing because women love my rear end length hair

seriously guys, try it: Grow your hair way way out and see how your partner (or women in general) likes it. If you can make it past shoulder length without her cutting it off in your sleep you might be surprised!

The only people I've ever encountered who seemed to intensely dislike it or think it was socially unacceptable were men, and occasionally, the kind of extremely traditional woman that is basically just a mouthpiece for the patriarchy. Dudes are way more annoyed that they see me from behind and think I'm a woman than women who are put off by my beautiful curls

absolutely brutal self drag in this post, wow

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Zelder posted:

absolutely brutal self drag in this post, wow

it's only a dig if you're so insecure about yourself that being mistaken for a woman bothers you

really, honestly

what does that say about your opinions on women, if the idea of being mistaken for one is "brutally insulting" to you?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

it's only a dig if you're so insecure about yourself that being mistaken for a woman bothers you

Post a pic of the hair.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I mean I'm just mentally picturing the dude with rear end length hair who's constantly melting down in the r/relationships thread and it's like, woah

what is your day to day life even like man

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

Post a pic of the hair.

this is from May of last year so it's a bit longer. It's more small of my back than down to my rear end, really. :shrug: I'm also about 25 pounds lighter.

I don't use a curling iron, that's just what my hair does when it gets to that length. I can't do anything with it at all when it's short. It looks terrible and sticks out in random directions because of the curling, but because of how loose my curls are they don't actually form into curls until they get to my shoulder.

edit: btw, i work in an office environment for an oil and gas company, right down the hall from our CEO. I keep it braided at work. Has had no impact on my professional prospects whatsoever. Tear down patriarchal societal expectations of what kind of hair you're allowed to have, they're pointless and stupid and it negatively impacts everyone in some way or another.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 18, 2017

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mirthless posted:

this is from May of last year so it's a bit longer. It's more small of my back than down to my rear end, really. :shrug: I'm also about 25 pounds lighter.

I don't use a curling iron, that's just what my hair does when it gets to that length. I can't do anything with it at all when it's short. It looks terrible and sticks out in random directions because of the curling, but because of how loose my curls are they don't actually form into curls until they get to my shoulder.

edit: btw, i work in an office environment for an oil and gas company, right down the hall from our CEO. I keep it braided at work. Has had no impact on my professional prospects whatsoever. Tear down patriarchal societal expectations of what kind of hair you're allowed to have, they're pointless and stupid and it negatively impacts everyone in some way or another.

nooooooooooooo what are you doing

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

quote:

Tear down patriarchal societal expectations of what kind of hair you're allowed to have, they're pointless and stupid and it negatively impacts everyone in some way or another.

Thanks I needed a good long laugh today

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zelder posted:

nooooooooooooo what are you doing

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Mirthless posted:

cut your gross rear end hair

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yo a quilt is a shitload of work to make regardless of the pattern on the fabric and is an absolutely unbelievably nice gift. Their is no reason to dispose of it, and frankly if he were to for reasons other than "it is literally no longer functionally a quilt" Jane would be absolutely in the clear to not deal with him again. The girlfriend is either an idiot, inconsiderate, or trying to isolate him and none of those things are good features.

Like gently caress, go to your local quilting guild meetings and find out just how goddamn much work it takes and how extremely meaningful each and every quilt is for the maker.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

great now I'm gonna be picturing that guy as the dude in every r/relationships post about an insecure weirdo

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
lol I don't really give a poo poo, you guys might not have figured it out yet but I'm deliberately walking into your stupid "traps"

I'm proud of my hair, sorry you guys hate yourselves so much.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Barudak posted:

Like gently caress, go to your local quilting guild meetings and find out just how goddamn much work it takes and how extremely meaningful each and every quilt is for the maker.

Do I actually have to go, or can I take your word for it?

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

the crime is the awful half beard half goatee. stop trimming your beard edges???

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

master of puppets master

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

the crime is the awful half beard half goatee. stop trimming your beard edges???

I did, actually

I agree, it was really terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
the something awful forums -> main -> General Bullshit - > /r/relationships: nooooooooooooo what are you doing